The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Necromancer's Bone Armor needs to be improved

Vaneur
Vaneur
✭✭✭
It is by far the worst major ward/resolve skill of all casses, It doesn't provide us a worthy bonus to deal with, let's compare:
>DK: dot/shield + dmg return if under attack
>Templar: high regen
>Sorcerer: dmg + minor expedition
>Warden: aoe + minor protection to the caster
>NB: passive
and...
>Necro: skill cost reduction (2 of them are not spammables) and a uncontrollable stun/pull.

What I suggest:
- Reduce the cost of spirit mender, blastbones and skeletal mage by 12% (always)

Morph 1: Summoner's armor: Increases your healing done by 12% while you have an active summon. Create a corpse when the effects completes.
Morph 2: Beckoning armor: This morph allows you to reactivate the ability free of cost, which allows you to pull an enemy within 22m toward you, dealing XXXX magic damage and immobilizing them for 4 seconds. Create a corpse when the effects completes.

Or something like that, just a few ideas
Edited by Vaneur on July 31, 2019 7:30AM
  • Vaneur
    Vaneur
    ✭✭✭
    So... everyone think the skill is ok at its current state? :/
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaneur wrote: »
    It is by far the worst major ward/resolve skill of all casses, It doesn't provide us a worthy bonus to deal with, let's compare:
    >DK: dot/shield + dmg return if under attack
    >Templar: high regen
    >Sorcerer: dmg + minor expedition
    >Warden: aoe + minor protection to the caster
    >NB: passive
    and...
    >Necro: skill cost reduction (2 of them are not spammables) and a uncontrollable stun/pull.

What I suggest:
    - Reduce the cost of spirit mender, blastbones and skeletal mage by 12% (always)

Morph 1: Summoner's armor: Increases your healing done by 12% while you have an active summon. Create a corpse when the effects completes.
    Morph 2: Beckoning armor: This morph allows you to reactivate the ability free of cost, which allows you to pull an enemy within 22m toward you, dealing XXXX magic damage and immobilizing them for 4 seconds. Create a corpse when the effects completes.

Or something like that, just a few ideas

I haven't played Necro yet, so I will attempt to be objective.
    Morph 1 - seems reasonable. However a 12% heal increase with 100% uptime? I don't know...maybe 6%.
    Morph 2 - so you propose a Major Resolve/Ward + Free gap closer + Free damage + Free CC....
    I don't think even Sorcs can swing that love from ZOS...
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I use the cost reduction morph unless im running dungeons. The unpredictable pull is fairly useless in trials since most things can't be chained, and for the few things that are and need to be you can use leash. You can't even run it if you're the skinrai tank in MoL unless you wanna mess up adds.

So, I use summoners.

What I'd really like to see is either a damage shield added to a morph and/or a block cost reduction/block amount increase for having it active or slotted. These are the areas where necro tanks are weakest. Meanwhile DK tank gets two magicka-based damage shields and a passive for the block, on top of better resource regen.

I was really hoping to main a necro tank - but the combination of no magicka-cost damage shield, block cost/damage reduction, and difficult resource management just makes it detrimental to play. Add in the fact that their main burst heal has to hit a target to work - Their skills have great combo utility and do a lot of things but that's moot if you simply can't survive as well as most other classes.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Krayl wrote: »
    Personally I use the cost reduction morph unless im running dungeons. The unpredictable pull is fairly useless in trials since most things can't be chained, and for the few things that are and need to be you can use leash. You can't even run it if you're the skinrai tank in MoL unless you wanna mess up adds.

So, I use summoners.

What I'd really like to see is either a damage shield added to a morph and/or a block cost reduction/block amount increase for having it active or slotted. These are the areas where necro tanks are weakest. Meanwhile DK tank gets two magicka-based damage shields and a passive for the block, on top of better resource regen.

I was really hoping to main a necro tank - but the combination of no magicka-cost damage shield, block cost/damage reduction, and difficult resource management just makes it detrimental to play. Add in the fact that their main burst heal has to hit a target to work - Their skills have great combo utility and do a lot of things but that's moot if you simply can't survive as well as most other classes.

have you seen @Nefas 's build? he does vet trials all the time, here it is-

https://youtu.be/qM1TUXSM-4w

https://youtu.be/UmlS-MQd_XQ

definitely some good stuff in those videos about necro tanks.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on August 1, 2019 8:38PM
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup that's all great info. I've tanked VMoL, VCR, VSS on both a necro and a DK. My post above was basically my feelings after doing so. Sorta my point - It's entirely possible to complete that content with a necro tank, but necro tanking leaves very little room for error when you don't have a mag-cost damage shield, your heal needs a melee range target, etc. . . then factor in no good way to get resources back like a DK has and I just feel like you're unnecessarily hamstringing yourself.

Some kind of sustain buff to make running bone shield more viable or some kind of damage shield added to the bone armor skill would help with that.

• Alucu
    Alucu
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with @Vaneur . The skill needs some love, perhaps 3% modifiers in line with the rest of necro toolkit, I'll explain myself.

Hexproof: 3% cost reduction
    Braided tether: 3% healing done
    Deaden pain: 3% damage received = 1950 resistances
    Mystic syphon: 3% damage done equals 650x3= 1950 penetration

Perhaps 3% healing received or maybe another 3% modifier to block/bash (goliath ulti), you name it. Although I believe that one it's pretty tank-oriented and in line with the minor defile from resistant flesh and curative curse passive

I agree as in the chain needs to be more easily controlled, something similar to what they plan to do with hidden blade in scalebreaker. Because as it is now, you cant control adds reliably just with the armor, you need the chain from fighters anyway, so no reason to choose this morph, so either a new bonus or a more reliable way to gap close. However I dont agree with the inmobilize + maim part since there is another skill that does just that
    Edited by Alucu on August 1, 2019 11:26PM
    Building communities since 2017

Para los Jugadores Hispanos: LA FUNDACION GM
    For advanced PvE: DRAGON VOID Officer
    For advanced PvP: PROJECT NOVA Member
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    My biggest issue is with the Beckoning armor morph, which is hot garbage. I can't pull what I want, I can accidentally pull stuff OUT of the aoe damage, and there is no additional "cool" buff that comes with it, like the other classes get. It's my main reason for thinking Necro tank is disappointing (but still playable, imo the 3rd best tank class after DKS and Wardens).