Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

That's it? The last major patch of the PTS before live?

• SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    ... the people in game are the ones that dont come to the forums is the ones im referring to.
    a.k.a the ones blissfully unaware of what is coming and how it will impact them

@ OP: Disappointed? Yes. Surprised? No. ZOS do not give a rip about PTS feedback other than bugs. Getting out my tinfoil hat and checking the dates of "nerf this" threads in comparison to PTS patch nerfs, I've begun to wonder if they are actually seeding nerf threads for things they intend to gut. But then, it is late.

• Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... the people in game are the ones that dont come to the forums is the ones im referring to.
    a.k.a the ones blissfully unaware of what is coming and how it will impact them

@ OP: Disappointed? Yes. Surprised? No. ZOS do not give a rip about PTS feedback other than bugs. Getting out my tinfoil hat and checking the dates of "nerf this" threads in comparison to PTS patch nerfs, I've begun to wonder if they are actually seeding nerf threads for things they intend to gut. But then, it is late.

You're right. A little voice in the back of my head has always thought the same thing.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorc not nerfed hard enough (jk... For PvE at least).

Also if you main a magblade, you might want to consider switching to... Literally anything else. Even with the increased duration of Ele Blockade, the rotation has reached a new level of nightmare status that's even more unforgiving-- mess up your rotation sligbtly? Down 5k DPS. My magblade's DPS is LOL on the PTS, and it's an extra slap in the face because they nerfed a skill that I've never seen people complain about as OP (Twisting Path).

Magden's parsing a bit higher, though I'm not sure how the changes are going to affect her AoE DPS in the open world, since I am for whatever reason unable to LA weave when I try to fight mobs (and roll dodge, for that matter). She's incredibly strong in that regard on live, so I'm nervous.

Stamblade's OK. Being basically required to use the Soul Magic and Mages Guild abilities feels... ugh, however.

Out of curiosity, I made a stamcro on the PTS and cleared 40k on the 6 mil dummy by doing not a lot more that basically bashing my face on the keyboard. So I guess there's that if you can actually stand playing the class, which I cannot.

But basically RIP magblade and, as always, nerf sorcs.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haven't we got 1 more week left on the PTS? Scalebreaker releases on the 12th of next month, next Monday is the 5th.
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    To my toons, its a terrible patch (main is healer, others more played is magsorc and WW stamden). Let´s see what happens once it´s on live...

It´s a great patch for arguably worst DPS class, the magden.

Horrible patch for class identity (hey stamsorcs, now we magsorcs feel what you´ve feeling! ;) ).

Not sure but doesnt look well for trials healing. Stamina DDs look way more needed than ever before. Let´s wait though to VIgor nerf, ZoS already admitted they pushed too far on the buff part of the skill.

Ofc, some who want to play the not-so-good classes (healers, magDDs...) will have to adapt and do our best to not feel underpowered. Thank Gods im not in a heavy Trial guild, maybe id be forced to play another toons to keep my slot.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of want to root back in these forums to just do a big “Told you so” to all the people who said that “it was just the first round of patch notes, things will change”.

They never really change, and Zos does not listen to these forums.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, in the new meta that favors DoTs over direct damage, one of the few remaining sources of high burst that's so valued for so many PvE mechanics remains Major Vulnerability.

How... incidentally convenient. ^^
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, in the new meta that favors DoTs over direct damage, one of the few remaining sources of high burst that's so valued for so many PvE mechanics remains Major Vulnerability.

Know of any class that gets a specific buff to DoT’s?
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP sorc
  • Heymexa
    Heymexa
    ✭✭✭
    Rip Sorc PVE

Twilight - rip.
    Matriarch -69% ? :) Seriously? For 2 slots....
    Tormentor 3k DPS and occupies two slots?
    Lightning flood - ???

Class Abilites - rip

The difference between mana classes and stamina classes is enormous. Why take a mana class in a raid if you can take a stamina class?

Healers?

Dear developers, delay this patch. We will wait.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »

Know of any class that gets a specific buff to DoT’s?

A number of out-of-class DoTs got buffed and damage will rise across the board, putting direct damage builds at relative disadvantage; also, earlier NBs got QoL update that made Shade viable, Crippling Grasp got a buff, RoR will be a hard-hitting ground AoE DoT now, Swarm got buffed. But generally it's all about buffed non-class DoTs and limited bar space, if you want to stay direct damage oriented, you'll be sacrificing a chunk of damage relative to what you could've gotten in the new patch.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]
    :'(:disappointed:

Couldn't have said it better myself. Between this and having to spam cast Rapids while on foot, it's the worst change since killing Bosmer racial identity.
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on July 30, 2019 5:22PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • mcagatayg
    mcagatayg
    ✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Remember when ZOS wrote us a letter on the 3rd week of Elswyer PTS that we shouldn't worry about the lack of Necromancer changes (among other things) because they had been working on the class longer than any of us could imagine? And then the patch went live and Necromancer was hilariously broken?

Same energy.

This is why ive given up, i just try to enjoy the game. Why give feedback if its useless to do so?
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    Yep .... my main...my pride and joy mag sorc will be a crafter once patch drops... benched... My magplar and magden ill mess around with healing instead of my sorc. Although I have little faith in there ability to be effective healers.My stam dk and stamcro will be my DDs....
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a friendly reminder that it’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked most of the changes.

giphy.gif

me to.
    most of us do like the changes.
    just the truth.

Every poll on here is 80 no to 20 yes tho. :(

thats polls from people on this forum.
    the people ingame are the ones that dont come to the forums is the ones im referring to.

If they don't come to the forums then how do they know what it will be. Oh, they let let others make up their mind for them instead of doing a little research for themselves.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a friendly reminder that it’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic.

There’s still one more PTS patch and the final Update 23 review from the ZOS Combat Team ... before changes go Live.

Not sure how to communicate that to the OP in a civil and constructive way. Because the OP wants to declare the current iteration of the patch notes final.
  • Xogath
    Xogath
    ✭✭✭

"New" meta? DoTs have been 80% or more of rotations since before Morrowind launched.

Well, for Stamina anyway. If that's how it is for Magicka now, well.. I'm not particularly surprised.

It's probably easier for them to balance PvP around DoTs rather than direct damage attacks, considering that gutting those kinds of abilities would have horrendous results for any PvE builds that used them.

That said, though, I am not a fan of the DoT meta at all and never have been. Someone on the dev team has taken the "MOAR DOTS" joke to its own plane of existence.
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    At least now we know what's coming. The keys have been turned.

thats a maybe. they have been known to change all the test changes when going live making a mad dash for testing and info so yeah its maybe.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There’s still one more PTS patch and the final Update 23 review from the ZOS Combat Team ... before changes go Live.

Not sure how to communicate that to the OP in a civil and constructive way. Because the OP wants to declare the current iteration of the patch notes final.

Historically for at least 3 years. The third additional patch of the PTS has been the final changes to Combat abilities and sets usually based on QQ (despite very few things) before the patch goes live...

They do this in order to give you one additional week to further test the changes in which they will nerf anything else that is way over qq'd during that week.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xogath wrote: »

"New" meta? DoTs have been 80% or more of rotations since before Morrowind launched.

Well, for Stamina anyway. If that's how it is for Magicka now, well.. I'm not particularly surprised.

It's probably easier for them to balance PvP around DoTs rather than direct damage attacks, considering that gutting those kinds of abilities would have horrendous results for any PvE builds that used them.

That said, though, I am not a fan of the DoT meta at all and never have been. Someone on the dev team has taken the "MOAR DOTS" joke to its own plane of existence.

It's more like before, direct damage oriented builds were competitive; now, focus shifts towards DoTs (meaning PvE here) even for those builds. And for magicka it'll be even more true since they got more viable DoTs this patch than stamina, there are magicka rotations around that don't even use spammables at all. When optimal result is all dots on bars regardless of class and spec, the game becomes bland.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    waiting for puncturing sweep and ritual retribution nerf
  • jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    iLLcrime wrote: »

giphy.gif

me to.
    just the truth.

the people ingame are the ones that dont come to the forums is the ones im referring to.

Most of the people I've talked to in game have the same outlook on the changes that do here on the forums.

People on the forums are the ones who actually care enough to participate in feedback.

Your reasoning would be along the same lines as "I know we voted for the president, brexit, & new lunch menu - but the vote doesn't matter because the opinion of the people who don't vote is what really matters. Anchovies/Broccoli Pizza for everyone!"
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

me to.
    just the truth.

yeah, they also tend to not know about what's being changed and then just quite when poor changes go live. My trade guild is one such group of people who a lot of them, don't go to the forums. they where *** pissed when i told them about the cast times on ults for example.
    Invictus