The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

AOE graphic issue

ereboz
ereboz
✭✭✭✭
This probably changed a while ago. I'm just returning after a lengthy break and I'm noticing I don't see a lot of AOE abilities of other players that I used to see such as endless hail, caltrops, elemental wall etc. This makes it tough for proper combat in group play, especially for a tank. Any idea if this will revert back?
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. There is a setting for that. In Video, I think.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's no setting for that on console. This has really been bugging me for a long time. I suspect it was intentional, because of the lack of response from ZoS about it. It was probably meant to optimize performance but gameplay is suffering. People are always taunting mobs and bosses out of my AOEs and I have to reposition. It costs a lot of magicka to chase enemies around with AOEs.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's no setting for that on console. This has really been bugging me for a long time. I suspect it was intentional, because of the lack of response from ZoS about it. It was probably meant to optimize performance but gameplay is suffering. People are always taunting mobs and bosses out of my AOEs and I have to reposition. It costs a lot of magicka to chase enemies around with AOEs.

Exactly, my resource management has become impossible to maintain when I have to recast the same abilities over and over
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ereboz wrote: »

Exactly, my resource management has become impossible to maintain when I have to recast the same abilities over and over

The absolute worst is when we're in a multiple boss situation, I've thrown down a Fiery Rage, and the tank (or some schmuck with an ice staff) immediately pulls all the bosses out. It's like. Am I joke to you? >B0
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ereboz wrote: »
    This probably changed a while ago. I'm just returning after a lengthy break and I'm noticing I don't see a lot of AOE abilities of other players that I used to see such as endless hail, caltrops, elemental wall etc. This makes it tough for proper combat in group play, especially for a tank. Any idea if this will revert back?

There is no option for this on console at least and it has been a source of frustration for myself and everyone I play with across my guilds.

I suspect this is of course done on purpose for game performance issues. Having to render multiple visuals would I imagine place far more strain on the server/connection/computer/console.

The 2nd issue is how busy the screen would become, many people struggle with all of the visuals as it is.

Personally while I understand the first issue, I still find it hugely frustrating and a little immersion breaking - we should clearly be able to see all the skills and effects taking place, both to aid combat and aesthetics. For the 2nd issue, I simply disagree because there should be a setting so that anyone who does struggle with busy screens, can tone this down or remove effects - if you have ever played something like Warframe (if you have not, you should, but it is not a particularly intuitive noob friendly game so find more experienced players to learn off), then you will truly know what a busy screen looks like, and ESO is significantly less busy even in the most visually busy content there is.
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually i prefer sometimes not to see them - they fill the screen and i cannot see the enemies areas. WIth mines and enemies, im done.