The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Sorc Armour?

Cirantille
Cirantille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hi,

I am still trying to understand some aspects of this game.
I am level 32 and so far I just went with PVE.
But I want to give it a try to PVP, too.

I saw some special armour names (can not even remember an example)
How do I get those armours? And more specifically what should I get for a Sorc build?
Should I wait for lvl 50 to go PVP?

Thanks in advance
Cheers
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    Hi,

How do I get those armours? And more specifically what should I get for a Sorc build?

Thanks in advance
    Cheers

I wouldn't spend too much on any armor sets pre 160 champ points. You will want a set wth the trait Impenetrable for pvp.
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Impenetrable

Are you a stam or magicka Sorc? That will help determine armor sets to use.

Starting pvp early will teach you a lot, & the rewards are nice also.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on July 23, 2019 6:01AM
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks in advance
    Cheers

I wouldn't spend too much on any armor sets pre 160 champ points. You will want a set wth the trait Impenetrable for pvp.

Magicka

Sorry I could not find the edit button, I was going to add it in first post but I am also new to the forum

I have seen the general light armours in the game but people are talking about special armour names which I don't know

I was afraid to die quickly so I was waiting:)
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi,

Thanks in advance
    Cheers

Magicka

Sorry I could not find the edit button, I was going to add it in first post but I am also new to the forum

I have seen the general light armours in the game but people are talking about special armour names which I don't know

Cogwheel top right corner to edit.

Unless you plan to farm sets, & roll the dice for drops w/impen trait your options are buy at guild traders or craft.

I would just get the materials (farm or buy) & have someone craft you 2 sets for pvp. They wont be best in slot, but it doesn't matter as you will eventually out level them.

At cp160 you will end up using monster sets for head & shoulders.

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Crafted+Sets
    Edited by Wolfpaw on July 23, 2019 6:12AM
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi,

Thanks in advance
    Cheers

Magicka

Cogwheel top right corner to edit.

Unless you plan to farm sets, & roll the dice for drops w/impen trait your options are buy at guild traders or craft.

I would just get the materials (farm or buy) & have someone craft you 2 sets for pvp. They wont be best in slot, but it doesn't matter as you will eventually out level them.

At cp160 you will end up using monster sets for head & shoulders.

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Crafted+Sets

Oh so these are the special named armours, yes! Thank you for the link and the explanation
    I guess I will need to grind the skill or find a friend who can craft it :smiley:
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Learn to craft as soon as possible (researching traits is a long process).

You will then be self-sufficient, be able to craft whichever sets you need, and also make your own provisions, enchanting glyphs, and potions. It will save you a lot of gold in the long run, and it’s very satisfying to make all your own stuff :)
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely learn to craft and gather resources constantly while you're running around doing single-player content (quests etc.)
    It will take months to research everything (real time but your player is doing the learning, you'll see)
    Until I was level 50 and CP 160 I just didn't see the point in improving my gear. I just went around and did single-player content and every time you level up you'll find gear at your new level and you just equip the best you get as you go. Some people pay a crafter to make them armor with the training trait so they can level much faster, but I didn't bother and still leveled up pretty quickly just fighting whatever I came across as I explored all of Summerset.
    Once you are level 50 and CP 160, you've reached the gear cap. Meaning you'll never find gear at a higher level. So at least for now, it's the best you can get. You can then spend your precious materials that you've been time getting to improve your gear if you're a good enough crafter. And if you need to change the trait on something you can do the daily undaunted quests/dungeons and your daily random dungeon to earn 4 transmute crystals per day. And you can earn another 35 crystals per week doing each of the 7 trials once per week. When you have 50 crystals you can change the trait on any piece of gear.
    You make/buy/acquire the proper glyph to enchant each item for a bonus. That you can do (and should) really any time. If you're a stamina type player probably go with mostly that for enchant and if you're a magic character like me I have all 7 armor items with increased max magic enchants. You'll customize your item traits, mundus stone choice, Champion point allocation, and gear itself around what type of player you want to be/your role. If you're DPS your gear will be to buff your ability to do damage. I imagine tanks are geared towards taking a lot of damage and surviving and buffing other players. Healers are geared to heal well while also surviving and buffing players and debuffing enemies. Tanks may debuff as well. I'm not sure since I've never been a tank and haven't really researched how to play one much. You can find a list of all the armor sets online and where to get each 1. It will tell you what bonuses you get from each set and you can decide which bonuses sound like they're what you're interested in. Then you go to that place and farm the gear. Depending on the set it may be something you can buy from a guild store or just get overland by fighting random mobbs of enemies, opening chests, finishing quests, beating world bosses, and beating dolmens. Or you may like what is called "bind on equip" sets which are found only in a specific dungeon or trail. If that's the case you cannot buy it anywhere. You do the trial or dungeon and you'll have up to 2-hours to trade the items with anyone that was in your group. So you can tell the other 3-people of your 4-man dungeon group that you're looking for a certain set and ask them if they'll give you those items if they get any and/or trade/sell them to you. You can also craft certain sets at specific places, a few of which are pretty dang good. So again if you spend time crafting you'll eventually (after a good amount of time) be able to make the best crafted sets. I think you can buy those items too or trade for them but haven't checked.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regarding PVE vs PVP: I think it's hard to build a character to be good at both things. Many times your CP allocation is geared toward one or the other. Also possibly your health/magic/stamina as well. Even gear sets can be good or bad for PVP or PVE. So you can do 2 characters, 1 made for each, or switch around 1 character any time you want to change content which IMO is a pain in the rear. I don't PVP though, it just doesn't appeal to me, so my 1 PVE character is all I need and I never have to switch them around unless it's minor improvements here and there like transmuting the trait of an item.