Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

not sure what the problem with my ESO game is, I'll try to explain it

Scarhunter
I've tried multiple time to load up my ESO game, seems to either freeze or maybe it's a type of crash, not sure which it would be under, I enter my login and try to enter the game... it's starts loading up... and my computer both audio makes a sound( some kind of buzzing sound in my speakers) and the only thing I can do to correct it is to press my reset button on my tower.. i will try my other two online games to see if it happens at all with them (Fallout 76 game, and my SWTOR game) (i'll do that and check in this discussion thread after, and if don't get a response today, i'll check again daily) thanks for any help with this
  • Scarhunter
    my fallout 76 game it doesn't seem to happen, but SWTOR I get into my game fine but under 5 minutes into the game it does the crash thing(or whatever that's called, and eso still crashes as I try to connect to the in-game server, maybe I should try another server see if that does anything to help, maybe it's a setting or something, I will keep trying to figure it out on my own, I just hope I can get My ESO game up and stable(I still don't know what the problem is
  • Scarhunter
    seemed like it was either an anti-aliasing or possibly a vertical sync thing, fallout 76 settings had it already selected, and my swtor I'll try once more, it seemed that same problem, i'll go try my swtor again to verify if I waiting long enough for that to potentially be solves for that game, ESO I may have to set my game to defauly and just set the vertical sync option, I hope this works, i'll let it known if it does work or not... maybe if someone else has or had this problem, might help someone else
  • Scarhunter
    I just noticed other people's posts below me might be having the same problem, not 100% sure it the same issue, some of them seem similar in the question
  • Scarhunter
    I tried the repair option, it completed but didn't fix the problem. \
    \
    so I just am trying the uninstall and the reinstall the game maybe it had a corrupt file or maybe it's something else.

i'll keep trying things hopefully someone finds a solution, or if other people are truly having the same issue maybe it's ESO's server(s) maybe the last update did something, (just a thought, not sure if it's the same problem) hopefully it'll be solved soon (I understand things happen on mmos) so i'm not upset. just concerned
  • Scarhunter
    if that doesn't work i'll try the settings of my graphics card(someone on another thread said he reset his graphics card, and it seemed to work for him) (I just have to wait until the game gets reinstalled and updated again)
  • Scarhunter
    both things didn't help I reset my graphics in ESO and my computer still freezes while the server is loading, I've run out of ideas of what to do, I figure it must be something on eso side nothing I've tried had done anything to fix the problem, I hope someone can help me i'm stumped on anyting else to try, I tried the repair, uninstalling & reinstalling, and tried reseting my graphics in eso nothing has worked, I do need some help, no other game is giving me this problem
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sound driver update maybe?
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Scarhunter
    my sound driver updates automatically I don't think the sound driver would be the issue, in this case anyways.. but maybe it's something I've never come across before
  • Scarhunter
    cos it's only my eso that has the problem, none of my other games have this problem as far as I am aware
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure both the game and the launcher are allowed in your OS and hardware firewalls and antivirus.

If they are, make sure the ports needed at opened with port Triggering in your firewall

Search for the ports list in the knowledge base.

FYI A Repair is essentially a Reinstall, so no need to do both
    Edited by Nestor on July 19, 2019 4:02PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Scarhunter
    I looked in the firewall app allow things(not sure on all computer lingo) I shows my other games on it but I don't see elder scrolls online or zenimax listed

maybe i'm looking in the wrong window or something, there is an add app(something like that) and there is no option to add them, I have windows defender( and looked under firewall, and that's how is appears to me,

I just got my computer back just over a week ago, not yesterday, but a week back from Friday, though the problem seemed to happen once on swtor, and yesterday I was playing and it booted me or something...

the only other thing that seems to be happening when I have to reset, is my internet connection gets interrupted, when I load my computer up, the connection reconnects, so I don't know if it is a wi-fi problem,

though my brother's computer doesn't seem to be affected by this, he does get lag, but I haven't heard him complain that his computer freezes; like mine seems to be doing,

is there a way for someone to try connect to my computer and try to figure out maybe there is something I have failed to do, I don't know if my computer could get compromised by that or someone,
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Scarhunter

As you've already went through updating drivers, repairing, and reinstalling you should go ahead and start a support ticket. Make sure to include a game consultant in your ticket as the report information will be helpful in finding out what on your PC may be the reason why ESO is locking up the PC.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post