The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How much speed bonus do you have / aim for?

raasdal
raasdal
✭✭✭✭✭
Just curious, what everybodys standard are, since all the nerfs to speed? Are you satisfied with regular speed and then just major expedition on/off?

I mainly play BG’s where mobility truly is king. And i like the playstyle. So i often aim for very high to extreme speeds. My current build is a StamNB with 93% speed bonus. Could take it to cap with minor expedition just for the laugh. That is also the most i have ever achieved to date. Friggin fun.

Anyways, just curious what you guys feel is the “meta” for speed?
PC - EU
Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    I seem to be doing fine with no sources of speed, except Minor Expedition on my StamSorc, but I never play without Stampede in BGs -- I use it to gap close and to run away from chasers ;)
    In open-world, I drop Stampede for utility skills like Cauterize and Hexproof, and settle for the normal run speed.
    Edited by Vermethys on July 18, 2019 8:42AM
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any medium armor build can hit up to 97% speed bonus without any investment to speed.
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    I generally just run major expedition and a gap closer so I don't have to come on the forums and cry about sorc streak or snares. I stack both major and minor on stamsorc since I have to use Flurry or dizzy and the extra mobility really helps land those.

Since the swift and major expedition nerf I don't see super high mobility builds. The sacrifice to gain ratio isn't there anymore.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Any medium armor build can hit up to 97% speed bonus without any investment to speed.

That's only when you Sprint. I am talking about base speed - WITHOUT sprinting.

To achieve 93% BASE SPEED Bonus, i have to combine;

Steed Mundus
    3 x Swift
    Bow Backbar Passive for Major Exp.
    Bosmer Racial
    Concealed Weapon slotted (Magicka Morph for 25% Speed).

The above gives me 93% walk/run speed increase, after a dodgeroll and into cloak. That is quite a heavy investment i would say.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm a melee magblade and I invest fully into speed, like you do. Main reason is that I like the very reactive playstyle this enables. I don't use the shade. I don't spend a GCD on that, I don't have to worry about being in range, tied to a timer, or the shade being glitchy. I rely on raw speed and cloak for damage mitigation, but also to quickly change position and opportunistically pick my targets. Being the fastest player on the battlefield means that you can more likely stay on top of others and apply melee pressure. Conversely you have a good chance of out-ranging them and avoiding damage when you need to. You lose quite a lot of stat, though.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats the cap on speed again? 100%?

Sprint is base 40%
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...