Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

5.1.0+ Necro still same issues since Elsweyr PTS

xMovingTarget
xMovingTarget
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Same issues are still happening even on PTS 5.1.3

Blastbones:

The skill wont fire (greys out, is unusable until 2x bar swap)

Detonating Syphon:

The player character turns around on skill activation and does not cast the skill. resulting in having to cast it at least twice

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Can this be fixed please before Scalebreaker goes live? These bugs happen literally since necro first appeared back in Elsweyr PTS
Edited by xMovingTarget on July 29, 2019 8:22PM
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I am a little concerned about the fact that necromancer wasn't touched.

Like you said BB and Siphon still have issues, plus Siphon still stinks. And also Boneyard is blah.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daily reminder that #1 post still applies
    Edited by xMovingTarget on July 16, 2019 9:25AM
  • MinaevNaKone
    MinaevNaKone
    ✭✭
    Detonating Syphon:

The player character turns around on skill activation and does not cast the skill. resulting in having to cast it at least twice

VERY HOT PROBLEM! FIX IT PLZ! @ZOS_GinaBruno
    My archer channel (Bow/bow builds from RU):
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYfZNUUi8n678a-yMqgfERA
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I say throw in the towel. Blastbones needs to be a free cast because it is just as unreliable as the tethers, or just copy the code from Haunting Curse over.

It is kind of sad that even though the class has a bunch of neat skills, you need to use non-class abilities like a stam sorc just to function.
  • tourerttrwb17_ESO
    tourerttrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please, i see these problems daily on my stam necro. FIx it ZOS
    PC-NA @Eon-King
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issues are still happening even on PTS 5.1.1

Blastbones:

Detonating Syphon:

Can this be fixed please before Scalebreaker goes live? These bugs happen literally since necro first appeared back in Elsweyr PTS

They will not. :/
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Strap in boys and girls, we're in for a sad and angry ride
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on July 17, 2019 5:29AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Stellarvorous
    Stellarvorous
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't have any hope for necromancer in general I wanted it so badly soon as I heard it now barely a few short months later im already back on my alts with no inclination to log back on necromancer literally none the theme is nice but it aint enough.

People can say all day long how it dps parses on dummies as a reason its good but imo with all its bugs and their already nerfing half the skills down without buffing up anything else necromancer already feels like its dead *pun intended*.

At this rate id sooner expect stamn sorc to get access to more class stamn skills before necromancer is actually *finished*
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corpses and Tethers are nice on paper yet clunky and hard to use in PvE and almost impossible to use in PvP.

ZOS doubling down on them while offering absolutely no solution is the real problem.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Dinokstrun
    Dinokstrun
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancer is really infuriating to play and needs more people testing on pts so ZoS might actually do something about it. I can't really say I have been this annoyed about class with the games other classes. Hopefully the within the coming weeks Necromancer will get a bit of polishing because it badly needs it.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daily reminder @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also add clunckiness of flame skull to the list.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can live with clunkiness, But skills not firing at all because bugs, that has to go.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can live with clunkiness, But skills not firing at all because bugs, that has to go.

To be fair I think that clunckiness on flame skull is one of the reasons many unexperienced players feels kinda bad when they try to learn rotation on necromancers. Since their weaving is not perfect many times they'll get stuck in the animation of flame skull which causes 3 subsequent flame skulls to fire in a row without an ability ot satop it or to weave light attacks inbetween. I've met a person who decided to leave magnecro because of that clucnkiness.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I can’t live with the clunkiness. These skills are hard to justify when ability bar space is at a premium. Why would I slot a tether, when I can slot a fire-and-forget-it heal? For the 3% healing bonus? That was facetious :) Same logic applies to the dps tethers: a waste of space.

These abilities should be reworked entirely, though given how arctic winds and frozen gate have been treated, I don’t have high hopes.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fixing wha is not working as stated in #1 is a great start though.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well weaving with skull is not working many times.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

Well weaving with skull is not working many times.
    Yea, it really feels like the worst spammable for light attack weaving. Other than that I don't have too much of a complaint with the Ricochet Skull (maybe the bounces could both happen at the same time and be sped up a little, but that's not too big of a deal I guess).
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another daily reminder that we still have not heard anything regarding a fix or that it is being worked on. @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by xMovingTarget on July 18, 2019 10:17AM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another daily reminder that we still have not heard anything regarding a fix or that it is being worked on. @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno

Yeah because you’ll get that info on Monday with the new patch build which will have a lot of changes (as it’s the second update to the PTS which usually contains major reworks).
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Yeah because you’ll get that info on Monday with the new patch build which will have a lot of changes (as it’s the second update to the PTS which usually contains major reworks).

I don't believe it until I see it.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe todays PTS patch? Can we get a fix to these crucial necromancer abilities?
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe todays PTS patch? Can we get a fix to these crucial necromancer abilities?

one can but hope...………...hahahahaa
  • danara
    danara
    ✭✭✭

Blastbones:

Detonating Syphon:

You didnt understand dude ! These are FeaTUrEs not BUGS :o
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    danara wrote: »

Blastbones:

Detonating Syphon:

You didnt understand dude ! These are FeaTUrEs not BUGS :o

Maybe my character is just paranoid and uses the moment you press syphon to look behind him to see that there is nobody there to stab him in the back? Is that what you are trying to say? :D
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Blastbones:

Detonating Syphon:

These two issues could be easily solved by the following:
    1. Make it so Blastbones can be cast without a target and for 6 seconds will follow you and home in on the nearest target once you get in range of one.
    2. Make Siphon just consume a nearby corpse and then allow the player to PLACE the Siphon on a target to begin damaging them. The beam forms between you and the target, damaging nearby enemies who get near the beam. Corpse targeting is janky AF and does not work.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Blastbones:

Detonating Syphon:

These two issues could be easily solved by the following:
    1. Make it so Blastbones can be cast without a target and for 6 seconds will follow you and home in on the nearest target once you get in range of one.
    2. Make Siphon just consume a nearby corpse and then allow the player to PLACE the Siphon on a target to begin damaging them. The beam forms between you and the target, damaging nearby enemies who get near the beam. Corpse targeting is janky AF and does not work.

No for number 1, it needs to target what you attack. My skeletal mage is notorious for continuing to attack bosses during immunity phases, wasting time attacking adds that don't need to be attacked, and other nonsense because it "targets the nearest enemy".

Yeah for number 2. Offensive tethers need to automatically consume a corpse within 5m of your location and beam from the corpse to the target. The healing tether could do the same thing and automatically creates a tether from a nearby corpse to your character.

• katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Way to go....no necro fixes. I think the goal is to not fix anything for a year so someone can "necro a necro thread".
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Necro fixes please? It has been since forever. How can it still not be fixed.. Is it being looked at at least? man. more and more disappointed each patch.
    Edited by xMovingTarget on July 22, 2019 2:57PM
  • MinaevNaKone
    MinaevNaKone
    ✭✭
    UP! Actualy! Plz fix siphon/corpse bugs!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    My archer channel (Bow/bow builds from RU):
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYfZNUUi8n678a-yMqgfERA