The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 23 - Feedback Thread for new Achievements

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the new Achievements. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you get any of the new achievements?
  • Was it clear what you had to do to get the achievements?
  • Did the achievements feel rewarding?
  • How fun was it to throw pies at other players?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There doesn't seem to be an official thread quite for this topic, so I'll put it here.

Lowbie PVP should be a place for genuinely new players to try PVP in an environment of their peers. There will always be some amount of players in the campaign to level new characters that have an advantage in gear and pvp experience, and even a few twinks who delete and recreate characters to stay in lowbie CP. I don't think anything can be done about that.

But it will be a very unpleasant environment for new players if we have battle-leveled, gold gear twinks with level 10 dawnbreakers and meteors and Undaunted buffs.

I am 100% down with not having to level Undaunted for the 16th time. But please for the love of Akatosh lock purchasing combat-effective skill lines to characters that have reached level 50. This won't hinder people speed leveling a new toon at all; it doesn't take long to reach 50.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On the PTS, I did not get the Legerdemain achievement.

65PF99T.jpg

hQKCrNH.jpg

I did get these 3 others:
    Alliance war skill master
    Dark Brotherhood skill master
    Thieves guild skill master

Edit, I will have to get on the pts and double check the undaunted achievement. I technically earned it, but I did not check all items associated with it.
    Edited by Dojohoda on July 15, 2019 8:39PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Undaunted achievement seems like it's not working yet.

On my character that has the achievement, this is how the crown store looks:
    zfi2rvk.jpg

The achievement shows the old title
    102M3Ub.jpg

The new title is not in the list; the old title is not:
    8mxeRge.jpg

I logged on to a character that does not have Legerdemain and Undaunted to see if the crown store function worked (anyway).
    j8sDz50.jpg

The character was unable to buy Legerdemain and Undaunted.
    Edited by Dojohoda on July 15, 2019 9:32PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question. Why do ZOS like to take away fun names for Achievements and replace them with entirely bland ones?

From today's Patch Notes for 5.1.3:
    Changed the names for a number of Scalebreaker Achievements.

These Colors Don't Run -> “Undying Endurance”
    Can't Squeeze Blood From a Stone -> "Bloodless Kill"
    Choke on It -> "Bloody Kill"
    Block Chain -> "Shared Experience"
    Tick Tac Toe -> "Drop the Block"
    Qualified Blood Donor -> "Blood Striker"
    Germinated -> "Garden Master"
    Wellness Planning -> "Scourge Purger"

I still remember the Patch Notes for 2.5.3:
    Renamed the “More Like Mazzatomb” achievement to “Mazzatun Massacre”.
    Renamed the “Waltz on Through” achievement to “Venomous Evasion”.

And you're wondering how it is that I remember a change that was made in July 2016? That's because More Like Mazzatomb was amusing. The name tickled my funny bone and made me want to try to get the achievement. Whereas Mazzatun Massacre? Totally bland.

Do you have a lot of feedback from players saying "These achievement names aren't serious enough"? I really have to wonder.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why was fun nerfed? The old names were better!