The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Update 23 - Feedback Thread for PvE Tanking

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for PvE Tanking changes. After you have a chance to try out different combat scenarios, let us know what you think of the current balance and changes.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • XIIICaesar
    XIIICaesar
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to say that the resurrect away from Eternal Yokedan was very money hungry of all of you to do. It was one of best sets in the game for doing No Death achievement in DLC dungeons with my tank. Now it has NO USE. To many other sets out perform it by miles now. Removed the self resurrect because it over performed? No death was literally one only reasons I ran it on my tank & that I know other ran it on their tanks. All this is is a cash grab by you forcing people to run the Necro ultimate or run a Necro tank/healer. Making people have to buy Elsweyr.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    XIIICaesar wrote: »
    I'd like to say that the resurrect away from Eternal Yokedan was very money hungry of all of you to do. It was one of best sets in the game for doing No Death achievement in DLC dungeons with my tank. Now it has NO USE. To many other sets out perform it by miles now. Removed the self resurrect because it over performed? No death was literally one only reasons I ran it on my tank & that I know other ran it on their tanks. All this is is a cash grab by you forcing people to run the Necro ultimate or run a Necro tank/healer. Making people have to buy Elsweyr.

This is probably the most obtuse amount of thinking I've ever seen on the forums to try and claim a cash grab attempt by ZOS. It's non-sensical in almost every way imaginable. You argue that Eternal Warrior let you cheese No death achievements and somehow throw Necromancer into the mix, despite the fact necro ult doesn't allow the same cheese as Eternal Warrior and are thus mutually exclusive from one another.

I mean, wtf is this thought process of yours?
    Argonian forever
  • XIIICaesar
    XIIICaesar
    ✭✭✭
    Along with myself, I've seen several on Reddit & various discord servers as well make the same observation. Those sets on a no death runs were very useful to help tanks keep everything going such as one shot mechanics in Fang Lair with the ghost wall. Had nothing to do with cheesing the achievement but more to do with making a tanks success rate with non elite non endgame groups not optimized for the achievement still succeed. No death achievements are difficult in that one mistake ends the entire run, these sets allowed you to make a mistake or get hot by rng on a mechanic & still save the achievement. Now without that a tank goes down the whole group is screwed regardless of death achievement even Challenger if they're not wearing Kragneracs, a Templar healer, or running the necro ult. I see more Warden healers t than tremors now, hardly any necro, & none wearing Kragneracs. It's not just Eternal Yokedan. It's simple business model. Not enough if buying the new DLC or using new sets cause old ones are still Superior, Nerf the old into Oblivion so the only option is the new. Forces people holding out to spend money to have access to the new. Cash grab.
    Edited by XIIICaesar on July 8, 2019 11:54PM
  • FoulSnowpaw
    FoulSnowpaw
    ✭✭✭
    New changes balances pvp well but not pve. Trials and vet dlc dungeons have become too difficult to actually delve for the majority casual players. Overall damage, healing, and tanking capabilities have been reduced. For most pve content the goal is to make the fight as quick as possible before difficulty ramps up/for achievements. Previous major update buffed some aspects but now it basically undid itself on this upcoming update. And even those did not make up for past nerfs.

Ebon Armory gives less health and healers have more intense resource management. Reduced dps will prolong the fight which increases the pve difficulty as resource management becomes less viable over time. Mechanics ramp up as the fight prolongs. Healers have less to heal and heal less. No death/speed vet runs are becoming less viable for each nerf that passes without balancing the mechanics and bosses of pve content.

I hope ZOS will consider nerfing the overall power of the pve bosses and mechanics now that all aspects of player capabilities have been nerfed. As for the goal of ZOS, it is surely to make the game more enjoyable rather than having traumatic stress (i.e. vMA from back in the day).
  • XIIICaesar
    XIIICaesar
    ✭✭✭
    @FoulSnowpaw totally agree. That's similar to what my point is. The majority of players are casual not members of end game elite raiding guilds doing score runs. Achievements were already hard enough. I've been tanking for 2 years now I think. All content. I've tanked with every level of player you can think of. As for the enthusiast & completionist not just trying to clear content but get achievements. It is going to seriously limit the avenues you could go about as well as the options you currently have live.
  • XIIICaesar
    XIIICaesar
    ✭✭✭
    If they don't redo boss mechanic in dungeons, for example, most casual groups & even groups from achievement guilds are already getting speed runs with only minutes to spare on DLC vet content. Now it might not even be possible unless your a select few like people in scoreboard run trial guilds. Sounds like ESO is heading in the direction a lot of WoW refugees said that games atmosphere had become & made then quit playing it.
    Edited by XIIICaesar on July 9, 2019 12:34AM
  • NK656
    NK656
    ✭✭
    Can I ask, what made you look at Clannfear, the "Tank Heal" skill for sorcerer tanks, one that required double barring a pet that didn't do anything else other than add a heal button and activate one of the only useful passives sorcerer has and add 8% HP and think "man this is strong, too strong in fact compared to the sole greatest tanking class in the entire game" and nerf the healing capability of it? Green Dragon blood is weaker depending on the % HP the tank is at, but is also only needed on ONE bar, and provides Major Fortitude, Major Endurance, and Minor Vitality, as well as activates the 12% Healing boost from the Burning Heart passive. And if the sorcerer tank dies for any reason, there's a delayed cast time to re-summon the pet you need to heal with. It's bad enough you have to sacrifice 2 slots for what DK gets on slot. On top of this, why increase the cost of Silver Leash? It's the primary method of pulling enemies into a group for all other tanks, and it costs stamina, a resource most tanks can't readily spend as much on due to the need to block with that resource, as opposed to Dragon Knight, who has a chain that costs only magic, and is refunded if the target is immune to CC. So who thought that non Dragon Knight tanks needed to spend even more stamina on an already draining skill for gathering enemies together? Is this a PvP balance change? This is slightly but also partially related, but why make changes meant to balance PvP affect PvE? Why not make such changes apply to Battle Spirit? Isn't that why it was created?
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the fact that the heavy armor active skill does something interesting, but having the snare apply to you every time you use the skill makes it difficult to run it as a resist buff. There are very few situations where I would take mitigation over being able to move, unless it's complete immunity to damage for the duration (like in the case of the pre-nerf Eternal Yokeda). It's the reason the Ironblood set was dead on arrival and it's the reason why tanks want to spend most of their time on the 1hs bar rather than the frost staff bar. Being slowed by any amount is bad enough, but being completely rooted in place is suicide, and the extra block mitigation won't save you if you're standing in fire and can't move out.

In it's current PTS incarnation it will maybe occasionally be used in vSS against the breath, but it will disappear from the bars of people who used it for resistances and CC immunity. If you want to tie the bonus to standing still, then maybe instead make it something like:

"If you aren't moving more than X m every Y seconds (or "haven't moved more than X m from the spot where you activated the skill") since the skill was activated, you get CC immunity for Z seconds".

With the Unstoppable morph doing either of the following:
    1. Reducing X with each additional piece by 1/7 of it's base value.
    2. Gives [#of armor pieces] * 5% block mitigation, and the effect is reduced by 5% for each X/[#of armor pieces] m that you move (or "are away from the spot where you activated it") since the skill was activated.

X and Y can be tuned in such a way that it still equals a 65-100% snare. This way people are still not able to remain mobile when benefiting from the buff (as seems to be the design intent), but they are also not forced to be slow for 6 seconds if there are additional mechanics incoming that they need to react to. This would feel better to the player, because they are not bound by their decision from 6 seconds ago (which might be an eternity depending on the fight), it would add depth to the gameplay with this skill, and it would allow players who previously used it just for the resist buff to continue doing so without fear of dying because of the snare.
    Edited by ZeroXFF on July 9, 2019 2:19AM
  • tpanisiakb16_ESO
    tpanisiakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been tanking forever. With the exception of the newer dungeons (vDOM, vFV) I have all the no-death, speed, hardmodes. I've never relied on the Eternal Yokuden set for any of achievement content, but for sure would come in handy. I would be considered "above-average" player, so not quite casual, but for sure not the top tier. I've taken a break so we haven't had a chance to push into vDOM, vFV achievements as I would like to, but no doubt know my group and I will get it. (we only work on achievements 2-4 times a week, at 1.5 hours max a day to discourage burn out). Vet content is no problem for me and the group I run with and we can always reliably do any vet dungeon, no matter what.

I'm a DK tank, currently setup with two sword+shield bars (I know this isn't ideal and cuts down on group DPS and I have plans to change this when I devote more time to the game)

I did remove Cinder Storm from my bar tonight and replaced with Ring of Preservation, but I did not remorph Defensive Posture from Absorb Magic to Defensive Stance so I was mostly using a defunct skill when testing tonight.

Bar 1: Peirce Armor, Ring of Preservation, Green Dragonblood, Heroic Slash, Chains U: Aggressive Warhorn
    Bar 2: Inner Fire, Absorb Magic (now Defensive Stance), Igneous Shield, Balance, Talons U: Molten Shell
    Gear: Ebon Armory, Akiviri, Lord Warden (All gold with the exception of the jewelry pieces)
    Race: Argonian

With the race balancing patch this year and the PTS my health has taken a steady hit from about 39.9K to 36K, so this is a bit of an ongoing bummer. Resistances are capped with Balance or Warden, and totally over-capped with both. I recognize I'm not running ideal skills either.

This all said my group and I checked out the PTS tonight. We didn't bother with the new dungeons tonight due to time constraints. Both DPS (stamNB's) didn't notice a radical difference in damage and didn't change much with their skills (one still opted to run Caltrops, the other tried playing with Consuming Trap). We run with a Templar Healer who usually doesn't run orbs or shards anyway and have always been rather self-sufficient. We first did a bit of vCOA2 to Firemaw to do the stack-and-burn strat to get a feel for the healing nerf. It's different but Maw still went down without having to deal with its adds. Then we moved over to vDOM since, with the exception of the newer PTS dungeons, is one of the harder (or at least, less familiar) vet dungeons we run. With the changes to Oblivion damage this boss is actually a heck of a lot easier to handle in Hardmode compared to live.

Overall I didn't notice huge swings one way or the other with sustain. I rarely quaff potions and I think I went through 4-5 the entire time tonight, the remainder of the time I was able to sustain my resources without many troubles. Any death experienced were due to our own faults (example, running when I should have blocked a Jesus Beam from Symphony) Add packs went down just as steadily and we didn't otherwise change anything other than playing with different skills that may or may not have synergized with our setups.

Basically, with the exception of the health hit, I feel all right. I still feel strong, and I'm excited to maybe test out new skills in the rotation. I don't feel we've been set back as massive as people want to think. However, our healer who is usually optimistic or indifferent to changes did have more frustrations than the rest of us tonight. They mentioned:

"So after healing tonights dungeon I feel like healing spring and morphs are pretty much dead. It's such a tiny heal over time it's just not worth to use it anymore, and the change to the second resto skill, regeneration/mutagen is frustrating to use now. BoL was my main go to heal and combat prayer was my aoe spamable"

I still maintain this patch is going to hinder weaker groups, and without reliable communication, poor server performances, lags, and too much RNG from bosses, is going to squash average and below-average groups who wants to push into achievements. It's absolutely going to amplify dungeon finder problems with groups not able to do vet content, especially with these healer nerfs. I can't even imagine dealing with all of this using non-ideal class/race compositions--I don't know how my DK Healer is going to handle tougher content. Last, I fully worry this will spread toxic attitudes further and quicker into the community (pls kik this sorc heler useless!!)

We have some ideas where we want to test burn strategies (like Planar) and see how the PTS changes those scenarios so I'll update this post when we've had more experiences to share.

Edited by tpanisiakb16_ESO on July 9, 2019 3:46AM
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As one stamblade in the group, I did not notice a loss in DPS nor survivability. I ran caltrops, hail, consuming trap, poison inject, and siphon--or whatever it is--on my bow bar. I parsed with outside mark, also, and did not notice a significant loss in dps. There was some, but that is attributed to my own mistakes. It was comparable to when I make mistakes in rotation currently on live. I feel fine.

TL;DR: The sky isn't falling for stamblades if that helps any stamblades out there.
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver Leash is too expensive. It makes efficient chaining on trash pulls with non DK tanks an annoying chore.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • XIIICaesar
    XIIICaesar
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

Off-topic BUT love your addons dude. Loot Log, Itemization Browser, & Combat Alerts < that one especially when runnin Challenger achievements.
  • Nolic1
    Nolic1
    ✭✭✭
    So got feed back on a few tank styles one being a one handed and shield the other 2 handed and then Ice staff tanking.

Build 1
    Sets Plague Doctor, Kvatch's Gladiator and Sellistrix.

Sword and shield

Skills for the new changes felt good I liked the heroic slash and a slight damage decrease but deep slash feels real good with the higher target amount. Reverb is not as bad as I thought but feels weird without the major defile the new defensive stance and its morphs both are great now and add alot of unique playstyle to the weapon. Other then that i feel one handed and shield is in a really good place.

Build 2
    Sets Plague Doctor, Kvatch's Gladiator and Sellistrix.

2 handed Sword

2 handed tanking is more dynamic with stamped and the changes made last update with brawler/carve but now with the changes to Momentum and its morphs it feels a little off but thats cause I used rally as a primary hot but now using other skills in its place. Still 2 handed is in its best place for tanking right now.

Build 3
    Sets Laws of Julionos, Shalks and Ice Hreats

Ice Staff

Theres not much to say about this other then thank you for making ice staff have a better dot and its still a great tanking weapon for its design. The only thing I did not like was the change to the pulsar skill and the reduction to mangles time to 7 sec over its old one. But other then that its working as good as ever.

I will have feed back on the other weapon types as soon as I finish testing them.
    Edited by Nolic1 on July 9, 2019 4:40AM
    Sherman from Sherman's Gaming

Youtube content creator that is dedicated to the Casual and Roleplay community for News, Lets Talks, Guides, Help and character builds.

Youtube channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on xbox, so I can't test on PTS, but here are a few thoughts on how the changes will impact my primary tank. My go-to tank is a stamina templar who uses 1-hander+shield and a 2-hander, so the below has him in mind. I'm also a non-competitive gamer who is anti-meta and won't touch vet trials with a ten foot pole (though i've tanked normal trials and vet dungeons on this guy with great success).
    • Spear Wall changes help redeem the passive for tanking purposes. It's still significantly less useful than its previous iterations for tanking, but still an improvement.
    • Total Dark may be interesting to experiment with. However, I expect to get very limited milage out of it since it is a magicka skill. Templar tanks still lack a good stun/root for their class and also can't use Time Stop for that purpose anymore with the huge cost increase that was slapped on it a few patches ago.
    • Rally changes are bad for my character because he really relies on the HoT from this skill as his primary self heal. I will have to remove this skill from his bar when tanking and replace it with something else. This may also mean dropping a 2-hander as his secondary weapon entirely.
    • Defensive Posture looks interesting and I may play around with it a bit. Never bothered to rank up the skill before, but with the possibility of dropping 2-hander and going both bars 1-hander + shield, might have the bar space for it now.
    • Heroic Slash is something that often drops of my bar, but the increased duration of heroism might mean it makes a comeback. Too bad on reducing the damage here, though. It's not like I'm doing that much damage as a tank anyway.
    • Puncture changes will be awesome. It was always so awkward that the timers for the effects didn't line up. I'm befuddled by the reduction in damage, though.
    • Shielded Assault is something I haven't slotted in a while, but may be worth it again.
    • Immovable changes are interesting, but I still don't see myself using the skill.
    • Ring of Preservation may become my new "Rally" as a go-to self-heal. It will, however, be a lot less efficient in terms of the cost-to-heal ratio so it will likely be an inferior self-heal compared to Rally by a significant margin. On the plus side, the flavor of the skill will fit his character nicely, so there's that.
    • Silver bolts changes in the patch notes are a bit confusing, but it sounds like Silver Leash is getting a cost increase on top of a damage nerf. This really sucks for non-DK tanks, guys. Might not bother with this skill anymore.
    • Inner Fire might actually get slotted as a ranged taunt now that the cost isn't ridiculous.
    • Caltrops may now be the closest thing I have to an area stun/immobilize for mobs with the snare increase. I don't think that this was intentional, however, but incidental.
    • Vigor is another candidate for my new "Rally" go-to self-heal and is more likely than Ring of Preservation since the cost is much more reasonable to sustain. However, it still lacks the burst Rally had, so... still going to be inferior.
    • Barrier and Guard I played around with a bit but not enough to feel strongly about any of the changes here.

Overall, I am most concerned about the changes to Rally. For my stamina templar tank, that is his primary self-heal - it's long lasting, and had good burst heal capability. What this change means is that using 2-handed weapons for tanking will go from being a fun and viable option for anti-meta players to being so sub-optimal it's difficult to justify. After this patch, I will probably switch him to using a bow. Which will look stupid, but oh well. XD
    Edited by Starlock on July 9, 2019 6:22PM
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NK656 wrote: »
    Can I ask, what made you look at Clannfear, the "Tank Heal" skill for sorcerer tanks, one that required double barring a pet that didn't do anything else other than add a heal button and activate one of the only useful passives sorcerer has and add 8% HP and think "man this is strong, too strong in fact compared to the sole greatest tanking class in the entire game" and nerf the healing capability of it? Green Dragon blood is weaker depending on the % HP the tank is at, but is also only needed on ONE bar, and provides Major Fortitude, Major Endurance, and Minor Vitality, as well as activates the 12% Healing boost from the Burning Heart passive. And if the sorcerer tank dies for any reason, there's a delayed cast time to re-summon the pet you need to heal with. It's bad enough you have to sacrifice 2 slots for what DK gets on slot. On top of this, why increase the cost of Silver Leash? It's the primary method of pulling enemies into a group for all other tanks, and it costs stamina, a resource most tanks can't readily spend as much on due to the need to block with that resource, as opposed to Dragon Knight, who has a chain that costs only magic, and is refunded if the target is immune to CC. So who thought that non Dragon Knight tanks needed to spend even more stamina on an already draining skill for gathering enemies together? Is this a PvP balance change? This is slightly but also partially related, but why make changes meant to balance PvP affect PvE? Why not make such changes apply to Battle Spirit? Isn't that why it was created?

You said my exact thoughts about all this. I also have a sorc tank, and the clanfear gives a great burst heal, but has a long summon time and has to be double barred so I lose an extra skill slot to keep him. No one was complaining that the clanfear healed too much, why nerf it?

Cost increase to chains just makes resource management even worse for tanks that are not DKs. Tanks have poor resources to begin with because of the way they need to be divided up.

Tanking was already difficult with previous nerfs, now we are getting more nerfs. Who will stick around to tank?
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Main pain point for me in PvE Tanking is still that dk got engulfing to increase grp dps.

Either give all classes a option to do so, or let engulfing just apply to the caster.

Another point is your minor major system, some minors cant be procced by all specs on a class (minor brut for example cant be reliably used by stam dk)
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    actosh wrote: »
    Main pain point for me in PvE Tanking is still that dk got engulfing to increase grp dps.

Either give all classes a option to do so, or let engulfing just apply to the caster.

Another point is your minor major system, some minors cant be procced by all specs on a class (minor brut for example cant be reliably used by stam dk)

Ask your friendly magwarden neighbor if he wants his group damage to sink even lower compared to that stam necro over yonder. ^^ Game needs more unique group utility, not less. NBs this patch will have a unique stackable AoE debuff that can be used by tanks, I welcome this course and would rather have more or such added to other classes.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn that new immovable, defensive posture and turn undead are great. Just tested it in vMHK with yolna+alkosh+bloodspawn. Theoretically, DK now has reliably accessible 95% total mitigation in block. Need a lot of stamina though:
    87nWtuK.jpg

• John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I loath a lot of changes this patch, but improvements to tanking are massive. Immovable should easily mitigate the dragon breath in Sunspire, no Vykosa and no rabid healing required on the tank.
  • Iron_Blurr
    Iron_Blurr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overall i like most of the pve tank changes this patch. However..

Here are the some important changes I would like to see.

1. Silver leash is too expensive and does not offer the same "refund" effect as dk chains. I suggest you lower the cost or give a refund effect similar to dk chains.

2. Sorc tank clannfear doesn't do enough to justify it taking up 2 bar slots. I would say add stronger healing back to it or give it some other kind of utility.

3. Engulfing flames is a unique debuff that can currently ONLY be granted from a dk. There are no other ways to get this debuff. I am NOT suggesting a nerf for it. I am asking that some other ability be made available to apply the same debuff so non dk tanks can apply that debuff for the group. A PERFECT candidate would be Elemental Susceptibility. It fits the theme and purpose of the skill and currently this morph is never used over the other morph elemental drain.

4. Templar class tanks need a self heal based % of health to bring them in line with all other tank classes that all have instant cast heals based on max health. Ideally i would hope this self heal ability can be put on the class without affecting templar healers or stam/mag templar dps. I think a perfect candidate for this skill would be Hasty Prayer. This morph is almost never used and the other morph is preferable for a healer since it heals multiple targets.

5. I suggest that the minor vulnerability from the nightblade gap closer be moved to one of the morphs of mark target. This is a very useful debuff for group play but it feels clunky to use as a tank because gap closing can affect positioning. If this minor vulnerability was given to mark target, it would be limited to being applied to 1 target at a time to reign in some of its power and it would be a nice quality of life change for nightblade tanks. I believe minor vulnerability also fits nicely with the purpose and theme of the ability being to mark one target for the group to focus damage on.

I believe Dk and Warden pve tanks are in a good spot currently.

I am not experienced enough with necromancer tanks to comment on them.
    Edited by Iron_Blurr on July 12, 2019 8:07PM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eternal warrior was an awesome set with a unique effect, now it will be nothing.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iron_Blurr wrote: »
    3. Engulfing flames is a unique debuff that can currently ONLY be granted from a dk. There are no other ways to get this debuff. I am NOT suggesting a nerf for it. I am asking that some other ability be made available to apply the same debuff so non dk tanks can apply that debuff for the group. A PERFECT candidate would be Elemental Susceptibility. It fits the theme and purpose of the skill and currently this morph is never used over the other morph elemental drain.

...additionally, in line with the change, we have to move the following to out-of-class skills available to everyone:
    • Minor Toughness (previously exclusive to wardens).
    • Major Vulnerability (from necros).
    • New AoE weakening debuff from NB's power extraction.

I probably forgot something too.
  • Iron_Blurr
    Iron_Blurr
    ✭✭✭✭
    They could put minor toughness back on war horn and make an undaunted skill line ultimate. The ultimate could have a tank and healer morph and one of them could apply major vulnerability. As far as the nb aoe weakening debuff goes, honestly i dont even think it should exist. There is pretty much no point to it. If you want a debuff on nb the dark shade already provides minor maim. I think it should probably have a different effect all together.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every patch we are having more worst Tank Sets. Please stop giving new sets if can not come up with competitive sets

Why ZOS is not enough capable to deliver something competitive as Alkosh or Ebon for PVE tanks
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 15, 2019 4:47AM
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord_Eomer wrote: »
    Every patch we are having more worst Tank Sets. Please stop giving new sets if can come up with competitive sets

Why ZOS is not enough capable to deliver something competitive as Alkosh or Ebon for PVE tanks

How so? Yolnahkriin is a very competitive support set for tanks. It's already meta, MTs wear Yolnahkriin + Alkosh while Ebon moved to off tanks.
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every patch we are having more worst Tank Sets. Please stop giving new sets if can come up with competitive sets

Alkosh is not meant to be a tank set. It's a DPS set. This set needs to be revisited to prevent tanks from having to run it in an end game environment.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why ZOS is not enough capable to deliver something competitive as Alkosh or Ebon for PVE tank

How so? Yolnahkriin is a very competitive support set for tanks. It's already meta, MTs wear Yolnahkriin + Alkosh while Ebon moved to off tanks.

Have you seen any organized raid groups using Yolnahkriin on main tank?

If there is an off-tank then they uses this. This set not worth dropping Ebon or Alkosh on a tank.

I believe more people just argue and not understand then point. We have every patch garbage heavy armour sets, instead ZOS should better make them competitive so can have some use.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 15, 2019 4:52AM
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why ZOS is not enough capable to deliver something competitive as Alkosh or Ebon for PVE tank

Have you seen any organized raid groups using Yolnahkriin on main tank?

If there is an off-tank then they uses this. This set not worth dropping Ebon or Alkosh on a tank.

I believe more people just argue and not understand then point. We have every patch garbage heavy armour sets, instead ZOS should better make them competitive so can have some use.

I see it all the time and I run it myself as MT. I'm not sure how would you justify not putting Ebon on the off tank, aside from cases when OT is too far from the group for Ebon to work - which doesn't happen often. At the same time, when OT is waiting for storm atros or refabricated centurion to spawn, there's nothing else around except the boss to taunt, and OT running Yolnahkriin wouldn't even be able to make the set work.