The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Laptop specs for ESO in 2019

demoneca
demoneca
✭✭✭
I have a MacBook Pro that I've tried to play ESO on but the fan noise and heat from the comp on really low graphics settings make it not that fun to play. I'm going to sell my Mac and buy a PC laptop. (I have a desktop but often play not at my desk.) Does anyone out there play on a laptop with decent graphics (medium) and not a ton of fan noise and heat? Looking for recommendations.

I was looking at this Razer: Razer GTX 1060

This as well but I don't want to spend that much: Razer RTX 2080
  • Sasyk
    Sasyk
    ✭✭✭
    Recommended specs:

Built by NASA
    Cooled with liquid helium

Only then you might be able to get more than 40 fps in raids/crowded cities/large pvp battles. But that's pushing it. :o
    Sasyk Ik-ce - Spacey Ricochet - Swaggette - Andrea Ik-ce - Avari Lebe - Rubi Malone - Amaryllis Fox - Sergeant Moxy - Moon Unit Zoey - Retro Betty - Emmanuelle Sinclair
    Nightfighters - Sempiternal Way - Macro and Cheese
  • demoneca
    demoneca
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah so on my Mac fps is fine (70 in major cities), I'm not doing raids or pvp on my laptop. My main concern is that I am at very low graphics settings and way too much fan noise. Really annoying. Not looking to explore space, just to run the game on medium graphics without my laptop overheating.
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had read that CPU is more important that GPU so a more modern CPU will run the math needed for the game better / quicker So an i7 8750H (H can be overclocked) is preference (or if you can afford it an i9 xxxx)
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/355486/cpu-gpu-or-ram-intensive

(quieter and not getting "hot" ??? not convinced)

I recently bought my wife this one for ESO
    https://www.elkjop.no/product/data/barbar-pc/10387/msi-gp73-8rf-648ne-leopard-17-3-barbar-gaming-pc-sort

Would have loved to have pushed the boat out for the RTX 2080 but could not convince myself it would be worth the extra.
    Edited by Ragnork on June 30, 2019 6:39PM
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ragnork wrote: »
    i7 8750H (H can be overclocked)

Dont bother with overclocking on notebooks (especially those under 2cm thin ones), they struggle to keep cool at stock clocks, overclocking is just gonna cause thermal throttling and a shorter hardware lifespan.
    And in most cases youll end up with worse performance than if you wouldnt overclock.
  • Kawall
    Kawall
    ✭✭✭
    demoneca wrote: »
    Yeah so on my Mac fps is fine (70 in major cities), I'm not doing raids or pvp on my laptop. My main concern is that I am at very low graphics settings and way too much fan noise. Really annoying. Not looking to explore space, just to run the game on medium graphics without my laptop overheating.

There's no such thing as runing game on medium. I have gtx 1060, i7-7700hq and 16 gb RAM and i still drop to 15 to 20 fps in big boss battles and pvp battles. And i set everyting to low or off. Only resolution and subsampling is at highest (because i want to able to distinguish rock from enemies.)
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I'm traveling I play on the ASUS ROG Strix Scar II with an RTX2070.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/601894/rog-strix-scar-ii-edition-gl504gw-ds74-156-gaming-laptop-computer---black?ob=1

The only thing I wish it has was per key RGB, but the price was too good. It has a solid chassis with very little flex. Something I didn't like about the laptops from Razer and MSI. The MSI's Steelcase keyboards are very nice though.

The Scar III has been released recently. https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-Strix-SCAR-III/
    Apparently the Scar III now has per key RGB.
    Edited by kyle.wilson on June 30, 2019 8:26PM
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I made the gaming switch from desktop (my work station) to console...ps5 soon, unless you plan to game as you travel...was a great switch for me.

Only so many hours I want to have my ass planted at a pc desktop setup. Couch or lazyboy ftw.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on June 30, 2019 8:31PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That razer should be fine although running ESO from an SSD makes a difference. The game runs like *** on a Mac so you’ll immediately notice and overall difference.
    Edited by Vapirko on June 30, 2019 9:41PM