Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Unlootable Teleporting Mobs

elvenmad
elvenmad
✭✭✭✭✭
Getting a bit tired of this pretty sure many have experience this same issue.
I have just recently returned to the game (4 weeks ago)and with the shear amount of bugs and broken content I have encountered very likely soon to be leaving again

This bug I see every day with at least one out of 10 mobs, you attack, you kill and just as the mobs dies it teleports to a different location and lay on the floor and is highlighted (lootable) but when you go to it and click on it the pop up shows saying "You are too far away" even if they are a mob which drops a quest item, it is impossible to loot them , no matter where you stand, it's completely broken, you have to drop quest and start all over again and hope next time you can loot it. seems to happen far more often if you kill them with ranged attacks, but does happen with melee too.

Played this game for just over 2 years in the past and just returned after a 2 year break and ALL the reasons I originally left for which were bugs, broken stuff and appalling server performance are all still there, would have expected many of these to have been fixed by now, To be honest most of the bugs and issues I had forgot about but in 2/3 weeks playing new content they are all coming back and reminding me, even in new content. Quite surprised issues that were real bad 2 years ago are still pretty prominent.
< PC - EU >
  • wormfudge
    wormfudge
    ✭✭✭
    This has been going on for me too! I'm always like "AHHH, that's the body the good stuff's gotta be in!!!"

I try to drag some sort of mob to it, kill it, and then to loot it (looting both in process).

Hope that helps!

They'll iron out issues, new one's will arise, they will iron them out again. The cycle of any good game!!
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is very annoying, but have had some success looting if i face away and walk towards where they were when they died, within range to get the 'Loot' prompt.

Also you can try and kill other things near it and then loot those bodies and it will pick up all within range.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• elvenmad
    elvenmad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest it's not about what you can do to try and get around it, it's broken and shouldn't be happening in the first place, this is basic core gameplay, that's more the point.
    Edited by elvenmad on June 28, 2019 12:36AM
    < PC - EU >
  • Gretadavids
    Gretadavids
    ✭✭
    They will never ever fix this as they just done care , i have had this more and more and well i was a bit bothered but now it has started on dvel bosses and world bosses over and over so i'm getting a bit frustrated to be honest all they say do a reload ui.... so funny as that does nothing at all to fix this issue
  • Cameron_Vayle
    Cameron_Vayle
    ✭✭✭
    I agree this is getting old. Been happening for days like this. Just left the game after having 5 or 6 kills in a row die and just forward to a new place and were unlootable. I do not want a work around. Get enough of those at my RL job. This needs to be fixed and fast or folks like myself will just up and leave.