Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should EMP faction be able to pick up Daedric Weapons (Hammer/Volendrung)?

Enkil
Enkil
✭✭✭✭✭
Please vote & discuss.
Edited by Enkil on May 31, 2020 3:22AM

Should EMP faction be able to pick up Daedric Weapons (Hammer/Volendrung)? 98 votes

Yes
17%
NirntrotterSFxxKANExxSkoomahIndorilArwynLlethranNermySanct16asneakybananaku5hKr3dodotmeQbikenKarivaaSqueaky_CleanKalitasPrax3desGarieleLoreToo 17 votes
No
76%
Alomarjosh.lackey_ESOLegendzeroxCresRDMyers65b14_ESOiluvatarisSvenjaIruil_ESOdennissomb16_ESOAixyidkks888EnkilStreegaellahellabellaWildWilburMalyckOtarTheMaddtsharplesMerlight 75 votes
Other idea (explain below)
6%
Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESOShareeAnkael07VietfoxRaudgraniVlad9425 6 votes
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Tonight, I've seen the emp faction had someone log alt, run the hammer that spawned BEHIND the low-population faction's GATES on one of the 2 main PC/MAC campaigns later in the night and run it straight to their zerg even though they already have Emp. Have others seen similar nonsense?

This is an even more powerful thing than Emp-ship and it's currently super unbalanced!!!

IMO, No Emp faction character should be able to pick it up or control it. Period. Full Stop.

Edited by Enkil on June 24, 2019 10:44PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Well, it shows clearly that faction lock does not stop us since many of us have alt accounts which was likely used.

Zos just needs to create a mechanism where no one from that faction can pick up the daedric weapon. It would be funny if they picked it up and just exploded in a manner where they could not even be rezed. They would have to spawn at a keep or something.

That might not be a simple solution but it would keep the intentions intact. Otherwise Zos' stated intentions are pretty meaningless.
  • UndeniablyAVG
    UndeniablyAVG
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    It should be tied to how many keeps your faction holds, once you hit a certain number you should be forced to drop it.
    PS4 EU - Daggerfall Covenant
    PSN - N_O_B_L_E-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUlYStV91gCyNgVjSjapbw
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The emp alliance? No. The emp himself? Yes, under certain circumstances. Broken can be fun
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Volendrung shouldn't be in the game in the first place. Also turns zergs into megazergs and you can feel the lag from Dragonclaw to Bloodmayne.
    Good job ZOS.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, Emp faction should be able to pick it up. Maybe not when it initially spawns (and it shouldn't spawn behind the emp-faction's gate), but if a non-emp faction is dumb enough to run into a big group from the emp faction, and they kill the carrier, they should certainly be able to pick it up. Just like a scroll.
    PS4NA
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the artifact should NEVER spawn close to the faction that has Emp however I do think the Emp faction should be able to pick it up if it gets dropped by them. If an alliance is stupid enough to run the Hammer to the Emp faction without thinking it through they deserve to suffer the consequences.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    There is just one right answer. No. The hammer can be zerged even when kept far from emp faction.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I hope @ZOS_BrianWheeler and his team will work on balancing this now... especially before they release even more Daedric artifacts..

balance is paramount!!!
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If the hammer is intended to be left in the game it should not be possible for the faction with emp to pick it up.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Volendung should be... faction locked.
    😂😂😂😂

Edited by josh.lackey_ESO on July 2, 2019 1:56AM
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Same thing happening regularly.. The design of ESO PvP is increasing favoring the dominating faction, discouraging and limiting the ability of underdogs.

Yet another shortsighted design flaw. Hope they flag it so EMP fiction cannot pick it up. SIMPLE fix.
    Edited by Enkil on July 11, 2019 11:05PM
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It should only spawn when population is above at least 1 bar as well. It's a real pita trying to stop 20 people and a hammer with 10 people.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but anyone from the emp faction who picks it up gets instantly transformed into a chicken (with 1 HP).

It's uncle Sheo's show, after all :p
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Emp shouldn't even be possible when population is low IMO either
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Emp shouldn't even be possible when population is low IMO either

The problem is, what if a faction captures all emp keeps, does not get emp due to low pop, and then the population increases? Will he get auto crowned? Will he get crowned when they lose one keep on purpose and immediately recap it? Will he only get crowned after they lose all emp keeps and recap them again? I see all sort of shenanigans resulting from such a change.

I think a better solution is to simply scale the power of the emperor buff with the overall cyrodiil population. When it is all locked, he gets full power, when there's barely two players to rub together, all he gets is the title.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I hope the devs consider some controls and restriction on the hammer. It’s ruining gameplay.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It's been almost a year.. can we please get some attention paid to balancing the hammer @ZOS_BrianWheeler ??

My suggestions would be:
    • Emperor Faction players can not pick it up
    • Ensure hammer only spawns within the territory of faction gaining lowest raw potential points/time
    • Hammer-wielder blocked from using both way shrines and keep recall stones
    • If Emperor is gained by faction wielding, hammer immediately returns to Oblivion
    • Hammer has an additional timer of max duration (i.e 30 mins - 1 hour from initial pick up)
    • Remove Low-Pop bonus from game as hammer would serve this function when implemented in a balanced way

More drastic balancing might be to only let the faction it spawns for pick it up and have it automatically return to Oblivion after 30 mins.

The overwhelming position of the PvP player-base is that it is wildly unbalanced and needs some attention.
    Edited by Enkil on May 31, 2020 3:25AM
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have closed this thread as it is quite old. Bumping old threads is against the Community Rules, for these cases its sometimes better to create a new thread so that all of the information is up to date.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.