The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Would you like them to switch to the old attribute system? The one seen in the games before Skyrim?

Thevampirenight
Thevampirenight
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I personally feel the game might be more balanced while allow more room to do more. If they went back to such a system. It would end the stamina vs magicka stalemate and allow more choices for building ones character. Here is what it would look like.

Strength= Stamina Damage Agility= Movement Speed, Stamina Pool. Dexterity= Stamina Regen Will Power= Magicka Damage/ Healing Power and Magicka Regen. Intelligence= Magicka Pool
Endurance=Health pool, Health Regen.

Edited by Thevampirenight on June 19, 2019 8:45AM
PC NA
Please add Fangs to Vampires.

Would you like them to switch to the old attribute system? The one seen in the games before Skyrim? 40 votes

Yes
30%
fastolfv_ESOStreegaThevampirenightRex-UmbraDracan_FontomTommy_The_GunVinterdvalaWoppaBoemMartiniDanielsredlink1979Wandering_ImmigrantAres831 12 votes
No
65%
ArrodisiaCoatmagicMasterSpatulaCustos91GelstonRomoKyraCROgnonVaranaSeliniaHlaaluMannix1958HallothielCloudlesssusmitdsElwendryllVietfoxHamish999WildRaptorXhuschdeguddzjeveloSylraptorNumerikuu 26 votes
Other
5%
ThannazzarLennoxPoodle 2 votes
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally feel the game might be more balanced while allow more room to do more. If they went back to such a system. It would end the stamina vs magicka stalemate and allow more choices for building ones character. Here is what it would look like.

Strength= Stamina Damage Agility= Movement Speed, Stamina Pool, Dexterity= Stamina Regen, Will Power= Magicka Damage/ Healing Power and Magicka Regen Intelligence= Magicka Pool Endurance=Health pool, Health Regen.

I would like to see more attributes on this game. Just having three stats to choose from is too limiting.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    But can you imagine how hard it would be to implement a even more detailed stats system? Even more variables?
    If the game is kinda of broke as it is regarding performance, this would probably make it even worse and the number of bugs/issues would be exponentially larger.
    Edited by redlink1979 on June 19, 2019 8:40AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Jeremy wrote: »

Strength= Stamina Damage Agility= Movement Speed, Stamina Pool, Dexterity= Stamina Regen, Will Power= Magicka Damage/ Healing Power and Magicka Regen Intelligence= Magicka Pool Endurance=Health pool, Health Regen.

I would like to see more attributes on this game. Just having three stats to choose from is too limiting.

And it forces people into cookie cutter one side or the other.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on June 19, 2019 8:41AM
    PC NA
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    But can you imagine how hard it would be to implement a even more detailed stats system? Even more variables?
    If the game is kinda of broke as it is regarding performance, this would probably make it even worse and the number of bugs/issues would be exponentially larger.

They'd have to recode a lot of things but I think it would work out. I don't think it would take much. Maybe ramp up improve the skills and change and alter some things so it can be adjusted to the new system. They don't even have to add more attribute points if they worked with existing abilties buffing them up where they have too and weaken them where they have to.But I think it would be worth doing.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on June 19, 2019 8:52AM
    PC NA
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    For the next Single Player game, absolutely.

For ESO, that ship sailed long ago.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    honestly the soft cap system was alot more fun and made sense for the game, class skills were mag weapon skills stam and you had a healthy split of both since you couldnt stack one
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    What, like in Oblivion?

Hell, no. Please god, no.

That was AWFUL.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I love the system seen before Skyrim. Yet - NO, not for ESO. Enough with changes.
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I *like* the idea but I think it would have to be introduced correctly to make it work well.

Btw I think Willpower and Intelligence are kinda backwards...
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    What's with all of this nostalgia going on here the last couple of days?

If you guys want change, why not aim for something totally new and different instead of the same old, same old?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would enjoy it. I like games with more attributes which allows for more complex or alternative builds.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jainiadral wrote: »
    What's with all of this nostalgia going on here the last couple of days?

If you guys want change, why not aim for something totally new and different instead of the same old, same old?

Not only that, but whenever this sort of discussion takes place I'm never sure of the extent to which people are talking about ESO, single-player TES games, or a mixture of the two.
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    But I'd like them to reintroduce soft caps and deminishing returns to make hybrids more viable.
  • LennoxPoodle
    LennoxPoodle
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    It really depends. In the way you have laid out your attributes, I don't think it would change that much. If dome of the new attribute would impact multiple stats, like the current ones but in different combinations, it might actually be an incentive for hybrid builds. I could think about stuff like intelligence increasing spell DMG + phys crit, strength improving resistance alongside physical DMG, the same for willpower regarding max magicka etc. This way cross resource builds would be encouraged.