Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Distaste for Pack-Only Furnishings

TonyRockaroni
TonyRockaroni
✭✭✭✭✭
After only getting the Moon Bishop's Sanctuary pack once, I expected the only furnishings that would be exclusive to that pack would be the Dro-m'Athra target, the statue, and the tapestries. However, it would seem that the following furnishings were also only available in that pack...

Elsweyr Sugar Pipe, Ceremonial
7xhd5b6rsb5w.png
Elsweyr Ceremonial Lantern, Jone
l9cqx1p6fx8d.png
Elsweyr Ceremonial Lantern, Jode
du6hatlhkq49.png
Elsweyr Divider, Elegant Wooden
w4y82f0f1qqz.png

Considering how much furnishing packs cost (particularly the limited-time ones), I'm disappointed by how many furnishings seem to be available only by purchasing an entire pack. Those lanterns and that pipe would look good in more than just a single home, and only having two of each doesn't seem like enough. Especially the lanterns, with how many lighting issues most homes have. I feel like they should be available separately in the crown store, or as furnishing plans in-game. I hope I'm wrong and that they are available, though. Or become available at a later point outside the furnishing pack. But so far, it doesn't seem that they are.

If you read this, what other furnishings do you think shouldn't have been available only in a limited-time furnishing pack?

EDIT 1: Images have been fixed.
EDIT 2: Updated with one other furnishing image.
Edited by TonyRockaroni on June 22, 2019 10:02PM
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you not get those indiviually from the crown store? I bought the Elsweyr furnishing package recently and I was hoping to get the Elsweyr wardrobe but it didn't include it so i will have to get it grom the crown store or even guild store.(

Your pics are not working for me.
    Edited by wishlist14 on June 17, 2019 9:28PM
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for now they are furnishing pack exclusives. I find Jone and Jode lanterns amazing as their light dimms and brightens up creating a "breathing" effect. I used it in my recent home to make a statue "move" a bit with each interval. Unlike on live, on PTS they were available from purchase tab. As for now they are not craftable. I hope they will come come back as a pattern.

ZOS seems to be pushing for more and more furniture to be crown store exlusive, which worries me a lot. I build many houses, many a time more than one notable at the time, I strive for no compomises to my designs but crown-only items take their toll. Would you spend 4.5k crowns on 3 sload neurons? I did. Good job I have friends helping me sometimes. Can't be a leech all the time, though. Really wished the prices were lower.

P.S. Pics not there, indeed.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's really annoying. In Summerset we could craft 2 High Elf statues and we could get 1 from the achievement vendor. In Elsweyr we can get 1 from the achievement vendor and the other 4 are all in crown-exlusive furnishing packs. :expressionless:
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely hate it. I'm still waiting for furnishing packs that came out with Morrowind to become available again. :(
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that.

I'm just starting to unmoor from this game, in general.

It was already bad enough, money-wise, for housing people.

We were already treated as the cash cows.

While everyone else was just given stuff for deigning to buy the game, we were nickelled and dimed into oblivion.

But, now they seem to be trying to give us even less as standard and charge us even more.

Not only that, but they seem to be ignoring us, housing wise, in some vain attempt to tempt the typical WoW player into housing, or something?

That Hall is like something out of WoW, coming to think of it...

Won't work with me, as I can (and do) just emotionally cut-off, if I have to.

I'm rapidly getting to the "don't care" point. :smile:

But, it's sad for those who still do.
    Edited by Tigerseye on June 20, 2019 4:00AM
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was recently browsing the Elsweyr furnishings and was disappointed by how many are crown store only.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/miscellaneous/sets/locations/elsweyr-locations/

eg. the throne. I think all other thrones are achievement based or can be crafted. Not this one it seems.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/elsweyr-throne-elegant-wooden/

Personally I treat crown store only furnishings as non-existent. I filter them out my head when decorating. You can only make the most of what's available.

eg. kinda sucks that these are crown store only.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/elsweyr-lantern-twist/

but the exact same lantern on a chain can be crafted

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/elsweyr-lantern-hanging-twist/

So if I want those in a home, I gotta plan for chains.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not buying furnishing packs, for that amount of crowns I want ALL items I like, not a nice one and two crappy ones, 1 nice one and 4 crappy ones and so on. They should be available in the crown furniture tab.

I'm amazed by their idea to sell exclusive pack items, not available in the store and not even after some time! Let's say months away.

Not a good idea since I know people (not only me) who pass on them BUT would buy those items in the store, SINGULARLY, based on their taste, if they were available in the Furniture tab.

Suit yourself @ZOS, the only one I got has been the Morrowind pack, for that I made an exception, it's truly been the only one among ALL the packs released.

Someone I know would have bought 5+ of those Sugar Pipe Cerimonial, that was pretty much the only item he was looking for, being in the pack and forced to spend so much just for that while uninterested to the other items, didn't bought the pack. So... yea GG @ZOS.

Edited by RANKK7 on June 20, 2019 6:49PM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    I very much dislike that some of the nicest furniture in the game is attached to crown packs that we are forced to purchase or miss out on.

What really urks me though, is when these packs are full of stocking fillers, stuff like wardrobes that are craftable! It wouldn't be so bad if these packs were filled with exclusive items. Most items unable to be crafted or found in game, and/or higher quantities of the items already in the pack, eg: the lanterns.

Agree that if these items of furniture were individually listed in the crown store, I'd be ok with spending crowns, as I'd be picking and chosing what I really want!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't buy the packs, because to me, the whole point of furnishing houses is the DIY aspect. I want to choose the locations of the furnishings, but I also want to make them, in any quantity I want. So I buy or farm plans, rather than buy individual items in-game, and certainly don't use store items.

Except ... they decided to make some things, like rows of books, crown-only. So if you want books on your shelves and the style of your shelves is not one of the privileged one or two, you have to buy them for crowns. I could accept being able to make one set of books, and have other variants in the store, but this is a monopoly.

Most of my shelves display something other than books.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is sure she has seen the sugar pipe recipe somewhere for sale.

It was a purple and quite, quite above the moderate budget of this one though …

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    Have seen "Elsweyr sugar-pipe, gilded" recipe up for sale at inflated prices.

Have not seen "Elsweyr sugar-pipe, ceremonial" though and at time of writing there are no listings on TTC for PC Eu
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with this 100%. The Crown Store tab should have each item from the packs available. It can't be an economical issue for ZOS because who wouldn't buy too many of those lanterns?! So, if it's not economical, why do they do this?
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sueblue wrote: »
    I agree with this 100%. The Crown Store tab should have each item from the packs available. It can't be an economical issue for ZOS because who wouldn't buy too many of those lanterns?! So, if it's not economical, why do they do this?

This would also let people avoid stuff they don't want or buying a whole pack (I give up on packs in such situations) just for one item. I would rather buy 4k crowns of items I need, than spend 4k on one or two items and tons of junk.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Once they made things (other than houses) giftable I was just fine with things being in packs.

However, I'm still pretty unhappy houses are not yet giftable.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick update. It turns out that I missed one furnishing. Yeah, there are FOUR furnishing items that were only available through the furnishing pack; the Elsweyr Divider, Elegant Wooden. I updated the my post to include the image of it.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    I was recently browsing the Elsweyr furnishings and was disappointed by how many are crown store only.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/miscellaneous/sets/locations/elsweyr-locations/

eg. the throne. I think all other thrones are achievement based or can be crafted. Not this one it seems.

Personally I treat crown store only furnishings as non-existent. I filter them out my head when decorating. You can only make the most of what's available.

Not on at moment but about 95% sure can craft that twisted lantern - got drop from a dragon & was quite chuffed with it.

*also was looking through the above website and also think i have the plan for the wooden bench, which it says is furnishing pack only - again shall check when on later.
    Edited by Hallothiel on June 23, 2019 4:24PM
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once they made things (other than houses) giftable I was just fine with things being in packs.

However, I'm still pretty unhappy houses are not yet giftable.

I think it's only partially ok. After all somebody still feeds ZOS with crowns for stuff we can get from crafting and mostly don't really need.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so you know, the Elsweyr lantern, twist is not a crown store exclusive plan.

I have the plan - I learned it. It's a beautiful little lantern. It's expensive to make, though, because you make it on the jewelry station. Not only does it take shimmering sand, it also takes a terne plating.

But I'm very disappointed to learn that the elegant divider is crown store only. I wanted the plan very badly!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be better if they also sold the furnishing plans, for these few Crown Store only items, rather than only selling the furnishings themselves.

Not that I want to start a precedent for lots of Crown Store-only plans, obviously, but the few furnishings that will never be available in-game could be offered as a plan, as well.

Even if the furnishings you made from them were only ever bind on account.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But I'm very disappointed to learn that the elegant divider is crown store only. I wanted the plan very badly!

I know.

Especially as they seem to have gone out of their way to make the in-game dividers not very nice.

• thegravity
    thegravity
    ✭✭
    I understand that some items are exclusive within that Moon Bishop's Sanctuary Pack, but so many?!

Unfortunately I missed the time slot to buy it and now I've to wait arround 1 year (Elsweyr celebration or something like that), that it will be available again.

And I can't even buy some parts of it. :/

I wished also the Daedric Set Of Azura Furniture Pack will returned at some point to the crown store, but it isn't yet.

It would be nice if the different furniture bundles will be avaiable all year (or only for ESO plus members), but only for a limited time with a discount or something like that, but than you're able to start new housing ideas whenever you want.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »

I saw someone offering the plan for the throne on zone chat yesterday, and the plan for the lantern exists - I have it.
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Not on at moment but about 95% sure can craft that twisted lantern - got drop from a dragon & was quite chuffed with it.

*also was looking through the above website and also think i have the plan for the wooden bench, which it says is furnishing pack only - again shall check when on later.

I got the lantern and I'm pretty sure I have the bench one too.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Jone and Jode candles and the lovely divider are available separately in the housing editor on PS4/NA as of yesterday at least. I think they might have been added with this week’s maintenance.

The candles are 100 crowns - EACH

I could go broke just buying those 3 items.
    *sobs*
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Jone and Jode candles and the lovely divider are available separately in the housing editor on PS4/NA as of yesterday at least. I think they might have been added with this week’s maintenance.

The candles are 100 crowns - EACH

I could go broke just buying those 3 items.
    *sobs*

Wait, whaaat??? They've been added?! *Checks*

Change is HAPPENING, people! <3
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on July 5, 2019 8:18AM
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    Since you guys don't seem to be aware, ALL crown store exclusive items wind up for sale in the Housing Editor. Some, like items from the Winter Festival Pack, seem to show up in the Housing store sometime after the pack itself is no longer for sale. Others, like from the Summerset packs, are in the store concurrently. As far as I know it has always been this way since I will do a price comparison. Is it cheaper to buy the pack or to just purchase the few crown store exclusive items I want? With Summerset, it was cheaper to purchase separately, but there are a few packs (like the Winter Festival) due out this year that I couldn't afford last year which are cheaper to purchase as a whole.

Also, keep in mind that furnishings you think are only available to that crown pack but have now "appeared" as plans in game have always been available as plans in game. They're just super rare drops and as such don't show up for sale frequently. And please don't take eso.mmo-fashion as the bible for furniture sources. On more than one occasion has it been wrong as to the source because those are all taken from PTS, and zos makes changes between PTS and live. You're better off installing the Furniture Catalogue addon because those sources have all been pulled from the live game. If something was datamined on PTS but location is not yet confirmed on live, it's marked as such.
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WolfStar07 wrote: »
    Since you guys don't seem to be aware, ALL crown store exclusive items wind up for sale in the Housing Editor.

Since you don't seem to be aware, THIS is not applicable to ALL furnishing packs. There are some items, which you can't get from a purchase tab even if the pack is currently available in store. Take such a piece of furniture as Transliminal Rupture. I would have tons of these otherwise.
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    Since you guys don't seem to be aware, ALL crown store exclusive items wind up for sale in the Housing Editor.

Since you don't seem to be aware, THIS is not applicable to ALL furnishing packs. There are some items, which you can't get from a purchase tab even if the pack is currently available in store. Take such a piece of furniture as Transliminal Rupture. I would have tons of these otherwise.

You mean a special effect, from a furniture pack which as far as I can tell has only been in stores once, last year? We can quibble over special f/x should be considered physical pieces of furniture, but that doesn't somehow invalidate what I said about items from furniture packs eventually winding up for sale separately. You want a ton of that particular special f/x? It looks like you use EHT, so pay Cardinal to add it.
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean a special effect, from a furniture pack which as far as I can tell has only been in stores once, last year? We can quibble over special f/x should be considered physical pieces of furniture, but that doesn't somehow invalidate what I said about items from furniture packs eventually winding up for sale separately. You want a ton of that particular special f/x? It looks like you use EHT, so pay Cardinal to add it.

However you like to call it. It was just an example, anyway. If I can place it, if it takes an item slot, it's a piece of furniture. And the list of pack-only furnishings is farily long... Plus EHT has some limitations which visual FX from ZOS don't have.
    Edited by bayushi2005 on July 8, 2019 7:44PM
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Incorrect. And not just about special effects. I checked, and the following items have never been made available in the housing editor. Excluding books, legendary quality items, and things like the Orcish Bas Reliefs or Lunar Tapestries.

Daedric Brazier, Flaming
    Coldharbour Bookshelf, Black Laboratory
    Coldharbour Bookshelf, Filled
    Coldharbour Bookshelf, Filled Wide
    Coldharbour Bookshelf, Filled Pillar
    Banner, Vivec
    Tapestry, Vivec
    Ancient Nord Chest, Dragon Crest
    Ancient Nord Brazier, Dragon Crest
    Ancient Nord Sconce, Dragon Crest
    Ancient Nord Urn, Dragon Crest
    Ancient Nord Funerary Jar, Dragon Crest
    Ancient Nord Funerary Jar, Dragon Figure
    Ancient Nord Funerary Jar, Linked Rings
    Ancient Nord Funerary Jar, Crimson Sash
    Ancient Nord Bookshelf, Wide
    Ancient Nord Bookshelf, Narrow
    Ancient Nord Runestone, Memorial
    Lamia Cranium, Ancient
    Argonian Skull, Complete
    Khajiit Skull, Complete
    Orc Skull, Complete

Also, you're forgetting furnishings that are only available in crown crates.
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on July 9, 2019 5:49AM
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Incorrect. And not just about special effects. I checked, and the following items have never been made available in the housing editor. Excluding books, legendary quality items, and things like the Orcish Bas Reliefs or Lunar Tapestries.

Daedric Brazier, Flaming
    Coldharbour Bookshelf, Black Laboratory
    Coldharbour Bookshelf, Filled
    Coldharbour Bookshelf, Filled Wide
    Coldharbour Bookshelf, Filled Pillar
    Banner, Vivec
    Tapestry, Vivec
    Velothi Brazier, Temple
    Ancient Nord Chest, Dragon Crest
    Ancient Nord Brazier, Dragon Crest
    Ancient Nord Sconce, Dragon Crest
    Ancient Nord Urn, Dragon Crest
    Ancient Nord Funerary Jar, Dragon Crest
    Ancient Nord Funerary Jar, Dragon Figure
    Ancient Nord Funerary Jar, Linked Rings
    Ancient Nord Funerary Jar, Crimson Sash
    Ancient Nord Bookshelf, Wide
    Ancient Nord Bookshelf, Narrow
    Ancient Nord Runestone, Memorial
    Lamia Cranium, Ancient
    Argonian Skull, Complete
    Khajiit Skull, Complete
    Orc Skull, Complete

Also, you're forgetting furnishings that are only available in crown crates.

Velothi Brazier, Temple is craftable but there is at least one more to the list: Daedric Block, Seat, which came with Molag Bal Bundle.

@TonyRockaroni
    Thank you for posting this as my bum is so lazy ;)