The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't install the game .....Launcher stuck at loading

xTrick
xTrick
✭✭
So basically i took a break from the game and the other day i wanted to come back but when i download the game i install it and after that the launcher gets stuck at loading ...i tried a lot of methods i could find on forum and on youtube.

Run the downloaded "installer"

Look in c:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Temp (AppData is a hidden directory)~[If you can't see it, go into your Windows Explorer, click view, options, folder and search options, view and change Hidden files and folders to 'show']

Find a directory similar to "I1427247224" with a date and time of when you did step 1 [sort by date modified and scroll down to the folders]

Inside that directory go to InstallerData/Disk1/InstData - you will see a compressed file called "Resource1"

Inside "Resource1" go to $IA_PROJECT_DIR$/src_path

Copy the folder "Launcher" to a drive and location you can get to (I chose the root of C:)

Inside "Launcher", execute "Bethesda.net_Launcher"

The "Launcher" will update and restart.

Once the "Launcher" is running again, click the INSTALL button

I saw that this method solved the problem for many people but my problem is that inside folder lxxxxxxxx i don't have the installerdata folder and i can't find it anywhere.
If someone can help me with this i'd much appreciate it .
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @xTrick

Have you tried the steps below to get your launcher to load correctly?
    1. Download the installer for ESO by logging into your account and clicking on Download Game.
    2. In Windows 10, open the Control Panel.
    3. Click Add/Remove Programs.
    4. Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86.
    5. Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64.
    6. Restart the PC.
    7. Run the downloaded installer install_ESO.exe.
    8. Install both DirectX and VC++ 2015 Redistributable.
    9. Restart the PC once more and run the game launcher.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • xTrick
    xTrick
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE I tried that but when i download the vc++ 2015 i get an error when i try to install it so i downloaded the latest ..something like 2015-2019 and i installed that but no success...(the other vc++ i have is 2013 but i don't know which of my apps need it ...i thought about deleting that bcz i think that's why i get that error for 2015 )
    Edited by xTrick on June 17, 2019 11:58AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @xTrick

Since reinstalling VC++ has not helped, the next thing to check is making sure nothing is blocking the launcher. First, check your anti-virus settings to ensure ESO isn't blocked.

The application files that may require exceptions are:
    • Bethesda.net_launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\Launcher
    • ESO.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe
    • Steam.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe

Some antivirus programs require entire folders to be selected instead of a single file.When this is the case, the file paths below are what you should use. If required by the anti-virus program, include all subfolders since every file is critical to run the game.

You can also start The Elder Scrolls Online launcher by right clicking on the icon on the desktop and selecting "Run as Administrator".
    Staff Post
  • xTrick
    xTrick
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE I tried that ..and tried deleting ProgramData too no luck in both cases ....maybe the problem is from my side and not from the game ...i don't know....anyway i kinda gave up ...thank you for trying to help ....the post can be closed.
  • Tzevaot
    Tzevaot
    Is your game on Steam? Me and some friends are having a similar problem. Often the Launcher gets with Loading on the screen, when we do not receive other errors, like the error 210, and we all have the game on Steam.

All this happening after today's update.
  • xTrick
    xTrick
    ✭✭
    @Tzevaot i don't play it on steam but it is the first time i get this problem and i played the game for like 1.5 years ...the thing is i once tried to reset my router (plug in plug out ) and i got past the loading screen but when i clicked install it got stuck again at downloading i think ( i don't remember exactly ) so maybe the problem is from the internet provider or router .. i don't know tbh... i'm just guessing ...
  • Dwermer
    Dwermer
    Hi @ZOS_BillE
    Came across this subject of the faulty launcher.

I have tried so many of the 'fixes', mentioned above and it only last 2-4 days then stops connecting again. This started after an update and have seen so many people saying same thing

Support has not offered anything that helps

Has anyone found any fix yet please?
    thanks
    Edited by Dwermer on June 17, 2020 9:26PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    This discussion is being closed since it is over a year old. If you continue to have launcher issues you can start a new thread if none exist.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.