Redundant sources of empower on Templars

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
Both Solar Barrage and Empowering Sweep grant empower now. Both are melee range attacks. One is an ultimate. Chances are, if I'm in range to hit with an ES, I'm already getting empower from SB.

There has to be a better secondary effect to ES because at this point it feels frustratingly redundant and not worth a second look.

Why not replace the empower on it with major force?
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Hey there, we're taking away empowering sweep's major protection because it is redundant with repentance's major protection. We will be giving it its own unique buff to help out the ability now."

"Uh, we already have a *spammable* source of the buff you put on it."

And that, my friends, has been the story of templar balance since roughly around 1 tamriel.

On a more constructive note, I think giving it a defensive buff would be appropriate, as that was the primary reason people used this ultimate over dawnbreaker in pvp. A burst window where you'd have the tankiness to toss a few jabs in (pardon the pun).
    Edited by DocFrost72 on June 5, 2019 3:35AM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be redundant if the empower on Barrage worked, but it was broken last time I checked.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was fixed back in Wrathstone. I've been using it with my magplar.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be redundant if the empower on Barrage worked, but it was broken last time I checked.

yea when was that? interested party here ;)

Also still doesn't distract from the fact that templar, under a skill audit designed to remove these consistencies/inconsistencies, were given additional issues that contradicted the original intent of the audit or didnt get a fix that would solve these. Not to mention, previous attempt when trying to fit all classes into dmg/tank/heal roles, left templar with less healing, no tank compromise, and smaller dmg buffs compared to classes that received significant buffs in all three that patch.

Like the empower, it traded the last bastion of notable stamplar defense for basic empower that was on solar barrage. Or that radiant ward range wasnt increased to match other similar PBAOEs. Sweeps didnt get a dmg nerf mostly due to access to evasion, by DF took a 37% dmg reduction but DK wings is around giving 50% mitigation. Sweeps heal mechanic outdated due to major evasion, but necro got a heal mechanic off percentage of health. etc. etc.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tbf Solar Barrage is meant for magplars and Empowering Sweep is for stamplars so they're not really redundant. With that said I hate the new Empowerng Sweep and wish they would revert the change.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there's any reason they wouldn't expect a magplar to use it tho.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be cool if using Solar Barrage copied my spell damage to my weapon damage for its duration. Then I could really put my sword to good use.
    Edited by StarOfElyon on June 4, 2019 5:59PM
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't touched empowering sweep since they removed major protection.

Thanks ZOS!
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Tbf Solar Barrage is meant for magplars and Empowering Sweep is for stamplars so they're not really redundant. With that said I hate the new Empowerng Sweep and wish they would revert the change.

One could say redundant for magplar since ults scale with your highest DMG. And thus should be changed to give stamplar something unique.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would actually rather see Solar Barrage debuff opponents in my AOE with minor maim or defile now. I definitely missed defile when I ran into an Argonian templar healbot in BGs last night. We could get him down to like 10% health but couldn't finish him before he healed again. It was happened constantly and was so frustrating because I can't slot both Dark Flare for the defile and Solar Barrage, and I was dying inside. Put defile or minor maim on Solar Barrage, please ZOS.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pve damage dealers love this skill but yes having to make a tough choice between using a all around good morph like solar barrage or using a meh morph like dark flare just for the defile can be frustrating.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was fixed back in Wrathstone. I've been using it with my magplar.

@StarOfElyon Thanks, I missed that fix. I just tested and can confirm that the Empower from Barrage is working as intended.