The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Outfit and costume question...

Thealteregoroman
Thealteregoroman
✭✭✭✭✭
I looked everywhere and not trying to drop 1,500 crowns for a "test"

Is it possible to have a costume on BUT change the appearance of just my weapons?

I don't know if you can get what I am saying...

I want to be able to have a costume on but can I use an outfit slot JUST TO CHANGE how my weapon looks? Or will that override the costume too?

PS...havent posted on here for a while...please be nice. :wink:
Edited by Thealteregoroman on May 31, 2019 10:19PM
****Master Healer...****
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you can, @Thealteregoroman.

The outfit slot would be blank ... except for the weapon skins and dyes. Then put on your costume.

I’ll post something for you soon after I get home from work ...
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you create an outfit with your desired weapon look (You can choose to only add a weapon look and nothing else), put that outfit as active then put on a costume, your weapon will have the outfit's look while you wear a costume. :)

Though, I don't get why you have to use 1,500 crowns for it? Outfits can be created using gold.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on May 31, 2019 10:29PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you create an outfit with your desired weapon look, put that outfit as active then put on a costume, your weapon will have the outfit's look while you wear a costume. :)

Though, I don't get why you have to use 1,500 crowns for it? Outfits can be created using gold.

I already used up one outfit slot for my Clockwork city role play LOL...

thank you btw!
    ****Master Healer...****
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you can, @Thealteregoroman.

The outfit slot would be blank ... except for the weapon skins and dyes. Then put on your costume.

I’ll post something for you soon after I get home from work ...

@Taleof2Cities THANK YOU! :D
    ****Master Healer...****
  • theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to have a costume on BUT change the appearance of just my weapons?

I want to be able to have a costume on but can I use an outfit slot JUST TO CHANGE how my weapon looks? Or will that override the costume too?

Yep, that's how I did it for a long time: weapon appearance from an outfit, with a costume.

In this screencap, my Vestige's weapons are Necropotence staves. I used the outfit system to change the appearance of just the Weapons to Psijic style, and you can see that her costume only overrides the Necropotence and crafted Julianos armour she's wearing. (All Argonian style, because the gear has to be all the same style or I get twitchy...):

tumblr_pd65tfCmgy1uc9nfgo1_r1_1280.jpg

Edited by theskymoves on May 31, 2019 10:42PM
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, that's how I did it for a long time: weapon appearance from an outfit, with a costume.

In this screencap, my Vestige's weapons are Necropotence staves. I used the outfit system to change the appearance of just the Weapons to Psijic style, and you can see that her costume only overrides the Necropotence and crafted Julianos armour she's wearing. (All Argonian style, because the gear has to be all the same style or I get twitchy...):

tumblr_pd65tfCmgy1uc9nfgo1_r1_1280.jpg

This looks awesome!
    ****Master Healer...****