The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you deal with incapable people in vet dungeons and trials?

Gordon906
Gordon906
✭✭✭
Fake/incompetent/under geared/low cp tanks, healer, and/or dps.
Edited by Gordon906 on May 31, 2019 4:19PM

How do you deal with incapable people in vet dungeons and trials? 229 votes

Kick them
24%
huntgod_ESOp_tsakirisb16_ESOKaradimbulbousb16_ESOAnkaridancorpsebladexSkullfoxTommy83T3hasiangodTonturriEirellaTakes-No-PrisonerAliyavanapod88kkTheDreamyWriterKr3doJhalinNateS4Luckylancerblkjag 57 votes
Leave
14%
PinesyMojmirSvenjagangyzgirlTanis-StormbinderThe_ShadowbornFearlessOne_2014eliisradtsharplesWldKardeTheDarkShadowcode65536VercingetorixMattT1988GarnetFire17KaraBela94RunefangMilchbartDrdeath20zacvanm 33 votes
Stick with them
36%
navystylz_ESOvailjohn_ESOrobertbmilesb14_ESOVezmann9753b16_ESOIruil_ESOCoatmagicAllPlayAndNoWorkKitLightningYakidafiLauranaeTHEDKEXPERIENCERev RielleAshtarisleeuxTakanamiDinsjreShanjijriWhisperLFEEnemy-of-Coldharbour 84 votes
Other
22%
DeadlyRecluseSteveCampsOutMarginistspecherb14_ESOSharranAesNebthet78clocksstoppestarlizard70ub17_ESOAruneiczarsrfrogg23reoskitJeremyKolacheAdernathxcalibur007N00BxV1Hvzedaredspecter23Schemering 51 votes
Curse them
1%
VoodooPlatypuskylewwefanValwyrnTurtilla 4 votes
  • mann9753b16_ESO
    mann9753b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stick with them
    How about using your superior knowledge of the game to teach them how to do it better?
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    Leave
    Sometimes I do if they at least have a decent set up.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stick with them
    How about using your superior knowledge of the game to teach them how to do it better?

Because that would be too hard for elitist monkeys
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Depends. If they are nice and try their best, I stick with them. If we don't progress, they usually realize they're not ready for the content and give up long before I do. If they have a bad attitude, are horrible at their role and refuse to leave, I will vote to kick them.
    stam scrub
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stick with them
    We were all new to vet dungeons once. Some people forget that.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I don't run challenging content with incapable people.

I'll pug a nonDLC vet dungeon with anybody--it's easy enough to cover for group weaknesses there. But I don't jump in DLC dungeon queues or run vet trials with unknowns.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Bad attitude vote to kick
    Blame the healer... vote to kick

If truly can't progress with them then we talk about issue like a team.

Sometimes I am just not in mood and walk away from the situation

Most times just stick with them.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Identify with them? :|

That said, I only run with people who know me and my (lack of) skills.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I assume we are talking about GF/random groups? I'll only talk about base game vet dungeons since I do not even attempt vet DLCs or trials without an organised group. And in normals I do not care what you do. I either can solo the whole thing or it is a normal trial farm run and I don't join those without a couple of capable friends.

One guy who is not that great is usually not a problem and I don't mind carrying him. Bad tanks? I do not meet them since I am a tank myself. Bad healers? I might grumble a bit under my breath and just slot GDB back on the bar instead of a support skill. Bad DD? No problem if the other guy + healer can carry. But two LA heroes? Sorry, either I ask them to kick me or just leave. I do not have the patience to stare at boss's balls for 15 minutes.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kick them
    The very question assumes that I am a horrible person but think very highly of myself?
    Lethal zergling
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    It really depends on the dungeon, the boss, the roles, and how many people are struggling.

If I can carry I'll usually just carry if the group hasn't hit a wall on a harder dungeon.
    If it's one person that I perceive to be the reason we hit a wall I'll usually share my opinion and give it a few wipes.
    If it's more than one person struggling and the group has hit a wall then I'll usually politely bow out after a few wipes.
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kick them
    Mintaka5 wrote: »

Yeah because of people like you I've stopped doing that. I explain only once, then kick.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kick them
    PURGE
  • mann9753b16_ESO
    mann9753b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stick with them
    Facefister wrote: »

Yeah because of people like you I've stopped doing that. I explain only once, then kick.

Nice elitist thinking....

I bet people had more patience with you when you were a noob...
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    All of the options depending on the circumstances.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kick them
    I was very shy about joining vets because I didn't want to drag down my group. The first time I've joined a vet group was when I was able to do 25k dps on the 6m dummy and even then I thought it was barely enough. Playing mechanics wasn't an issue since I've played WoW for years.

But head-diving into veteran dungeons as a newbie is the most preferred strategy these days
    Edited by Facefister on May 31, 2019 4:58PM
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not nice, they may be elitist but not monkeys :smiley:
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The same way I deal with PVEers showing up to Cyrodiil trying to do quests.....show them no mercy.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kick them
    Some people are almost incapable of learning and people completely screwing over the group time and time again would have to go for the benefit of the group. We all know that one person who still hasn't beaten vMoL because they keep getting kicked for blowing people up on the twins constantly despite being in there for god knows how long. I'm pretty patient with those people, but thankfully for my sake and the sake of the group, a lot of people aren't.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It depends. Most of the time I just carry them.
    For me to kick a person he must be something way worse than LA bowtard doing 2k dps.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Depends. It's really not that big of a deal in base game vets. As long as they're not being an ass, I don't care.

Vet DLC, same really. Seems like people that do them are different from normals or base game vet dungeoneers though. I've never seen anyone kicked from a vet DLC before, most people just leave if they feel the group doesn't have a chance.

I'll stick around if they have a good attitude usually, sometimes I run out of time and I'll leave. If the group is completely hopeless, I'll leave. That's a chance I took with the RDF.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stick with them
    Depends. If they are good people and trying I would stick with it. Everyone is new at some point and there is nothing worse than some elitist puke thinking they are all that and a bucket of apples.

If they are truly the reason a run can't be completed than a constructive polite conversation needs to be had with the person explaining why they are not ready yet.
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave
    If I come to the conclussion that I have to spend more than 30 minutes in a dungeon, or that I might have to teach the group the mechanics. I leave, I am not in the business of free carry runs.
    Most OwOrated healer of all time
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stick with them
    Other is a damn cop-out
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave
    if it is normal content, i'll stick it out because i can solo pretty much any dungeon (non trial), but when it comes to veteran content i just leave. nothing is worse than wasting time on a dungeon run destined to disband because someone is not capable of pulling their own weight
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stick with them

That's not nice, they may be elitist but not monkeys :smiley:

Why is it not nice? Don't behave like an alpha ape, and anyone can evolve to civilized existence. You want to behave like a lesser species then I'm just calling it what it is. Nothing more. Nothing less.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stick with them
    At least until I determine if they are incapable because they refuse to learn. If so, buh bye.

But if its just inexperience, and they are trying, I'll stick it out. I was once there, too.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Solo:
    For dungeons, I give them 15 mins of trying to complete or pushing them farther.(till que is ready again).
    For trials, I give them 25 pots at most to prove to me that the are just struggling instead of inept and then I will say sorry GTG.

Group:
    For dungeons carry the starchy potato as best as we can unless the group can't progress because of said starch.
    For trials, same but less patience, like actively start looking for sub after 3 big mess ups or if the temperature of the floor rises to high(dead all the time).
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you please let me wife and kids know that i owe my time to randoms in a computer game and not them.

Its not as cut and dry as a lot of people make out.

If i have the time and no other goals with my short windows of game time i will def help people out. But sometimes i want to get *** done. And that involves replacing someone who is not condusive to that endstate being achieved then so be it.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kick them
    I kick them and then pat myself on the back for being a superior human being and never once consider whether I am a narcissist that doesn't understand RPGs.
    Lethal zergling