Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are Weapon Enchants bugged?

• p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    killahsin wrote: »
    during murkmire the crybaby community in masses of outrage specifically requested this change and so as per normal this is another nerf that was requested by the players that was detrimental to the game. As usual the community then blames zenimax for implementing the requested change is shocked that now only staves are viable and so begins again the loop of more crying from the community.

Streamers and content creators have way to much power over development teams by focusing the communities voice through the outrage mechanic.

Well said. Also I have the feeling couple are getting paid by ZOS to promote "newest chapter gear", which is the only way to explain the DD "new meta sets" lunacy and sheer hypocrisy.

I have yet to find someone to explain to me why Lokkestiiz is now "BiS" because someone said so, and not War Machine.... Especially on Ultimate spamming classes like NB, Warden, Templar.

Or why False God's Devotion is now "BiS" for Magicka DDs, yet VO dropped quickly out of favour for Stamina builds as soon as War Machine appeared. Surely someone run the maths up to now and found that Julianos is more powerful than Perfected FGD, let alone the normal FGD.
    Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on June 2, 2019 7:33AM
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    during murkmire the crybaby community in masses of outrage specifically requested this change and so as per normal this is another nerf that was requested by the players that was detrimental to the game. As usual the community then blames zenimax for implementing the requested change is shocked that now only staves are viable and so begins again the loop of more crying from the community.

Streamers and content creators have way to much power over development teams by focusing the communities voice through the outrage mechanic.

Well said. Also I have the feeling couple are getting paid by ZOS to promote "newest chapter gear", which is the only way to explain the DD "new meta sets" lunacy and sheer hypocrisy.

I have yet to find someone to explain to me why Lokkestiiz is now "BiS" because someone said so, and not War Machine.... Especially on Ultimate spamming classes like NB, Warden, Templar.

Or why False God's Devotion is now "BiS" for Magicka DDs, yet VO dropped quickly out of favour for Stamina builds as soon as War Machine appeared. Surely someone run the maths up to now and found that Julianos is more powerful than Perfected FGD, let alone the normal FGD.

What a silly conspiracy theory. Test it on a target skeleton.

Lokke is powerful because you can get up to 75% Major Slayer uptime with a single synergy (15s with a 20s cooldown per synergy). That far exceeds the uptime any class can pull with War Machine. In a properly coordinated group you can get 8 DDs pushing 90%+ Major Slayer uptime. Plus, Lokke works on every class rather than just stamblades and stamdens ... particularly important since stamnecros have a very expensive but very powerful ulti.

And Perfected False God is strong for a few reasons. First, it's straight up better than VO because of its additional 5-piece bonus (which is basically equivalent to 233 Spell Damage). Second, 8% cost reduction is actually a larger raw resource savings given that Magicka skills are more expensive. Third, it allows you to build full damage everywhere else ... Like an Altmer with Bloody Mara food and Berserker/Flame enchants. Almost no build can sustain that setup using Julianos. So say you swap to Breton to compensate, then you lose 258 spell damage, which is larger than the difference between False God's and Julianos. And of course you also gain Minor Slayer.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

Lokke is powerful because you can get up to 75% Major Slayer uptime with a single synergy (15s with a 20s cooldown per synergy). That far exceeds the uptime any class can pull with War Machine. In a properly coordinated group you can get 8 DDs pushing 90%+ Major Slayer uptime. Plus, Lokke works on every class rather than just stamblades and stamdens ... particularly important since stamnecros have a very expensive but very powerful ulti.

And Perfected False God is strong for a few reasons. First, it's straight up better than VO because of its additional 5-piece bonus (which is basically equivalent to 233 Spell Damage). Second, 8% cost reduction is actually a larger raw resource savings given that Magicka skills are more expensive. Third, it allows you to build full damage everywhere else ... Like an Altmer with Bloody Mara food and Berserker/Flame enchants. Almost no build can sustain that setup using Julianos. So say you swap to Breton to compensate, then you lose 258 spell damage, which is larger than the difference between False God's and Julianos. And of course you also gain Minor Slayer.

A Templar, NB, Warden, has 100% uptime on War Machine without the need to rely on synergies.
    Also your maths are wrong. 1096 Maximum Magicka from perfected (gold) x 1.26 (CP300 + undaunted) = 1380 Max Ma / 10.46 = 131 Spell damage which cannot be buffed with things like Sorcery etc who affect spell damage.

How you got 233 Spell damage from 1096 Max Magicka?
    Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on June 2, 2019 1:21PM
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only time my tank dies in vet trials now is when i get caught swapping to back bar to apply wall then swapping back no matter how fast i do the 2 swaps it seems there are times the game picks them to hit me.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Because the set also has 129 spell damage on the 5 piece. So 1096/10.5 = 104+129= 233.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because the set also has 129 spell damage on the 5 piece. So 1096/10.5 = 104+129= 233.

And I quote you
    First, it's straight up better than VO because of its additional 5-piece bonus (which is basically equivalent to 233 Spell Damage).

The difference between VO and Perfected False God is 131 Spell Damage (which cannot be buffed) not 233 as you implied.
    (you didn't factor in undaunted and CP300)
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

And I quote you
    First, it's straight up better than VO because of its additional 5-piece bonus (which is basically equivalent to 233 Spell Damage).

The difference between VO and Perfected False God is 131 Spell Damage (which cannot be buffed) not 233 as you implied.
    (you didn't factor in undaunted and CP300)

i did not imply anything, the math is there, vo is 129 weapon damage, PFG has 129 spell+ 1096 magic, which together is basically equivalent to 233. read the person you quoted closer (who is not me by the way, cool your jets jumbo), they did not say that it was 233 more spell damage. they said "basically equivalent to 233 Spell Damage", they did not say that it was "basically equivalent to 233 Spell Damage more then the 129 weapon damage of VO" . you are the one that is implying they did. it is straight fact that the 5 piece bonus of PFG is better because of the max magic. i really don't understand what you are arguing about right now.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on June 2, 2019 6:15PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darkblue5 wrote: »
    All that dps loss could be mitigated by some CP with 52.8 penetration per CP. The difference is still like giving each dps 26 extra CP to put into penetration. The 810 CP cap would technically have to be raised to something like 888 CP for DPS to get to put in that many points in the correct tree. 888 is a pretty lucky number I guess.

Honestly, pulling 26 points out of something like Mighty or Master at Arms probably ends up being somewhere in the range of a 2-3% DPS hit. So, at that point it would be wiser to put the points in to Pen.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

A Templar, NB, Warden, has 100% uptime on War Machine without the need to rely on synergies.
    Also your maths are wrong. 1096 Maximum Magicka from perfected (gold) x 1.26 (CP300 + undaunted) = 1380 Max Ma / 10.46 = 131 Spell damage which cannot be buffed with things like Sorcery etc who affect spell damage.

lolwut?

No class can get 100% uptime on Major Slayer with War Machine/Master Architect. Not even close. And Templars gimp themselves by using their trash ulti to proc it. You're basically saying that NBs and Wardens have their ulti ready every 10 seconds (the duration of Major Slayer from WM/MA), which is obviously nonsense. On a stamden you generally hit your Bear ulti every 2nd pass through the rotation, so once every 22-25 seconds or so, which results in ~40-50% uptime on Major Slayer.

And everyone already relies on synergies to sustain anyway. All coordinated non-trashcan raid groups are loaded with synergies already. Lokke is BiS without a doubt. You can go on esologs.com and see this for yourself if you want.

As for Perfected False God ... no, my math is not wrong. Perhaps I was unclear. The 5-piece bonus on Perfected False God is effectively about +233 Spell Damage. So you get ~78% of the Julianos 5-piece damage bonus, plus the extremely strong sustain bonus, plus Minor Slayer on the 3-piece (which is particularly important since many mag setups lack that bonus when using MS/BSW/SS).

Compare:

Altmer + False God + Double Bloody Mara + Berserker backbar

Breton + Julianos + Double Bloody Mara + Berserker backbar

Which has better raw stats?