The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

For those with Bosmer characters, have you put any skill points into the Hunter's Eye passive?

SidraWillowsky
SidraWillowsky
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭

For those with Bosmer characters, have you put any skill points into the Hunter's Eye passive? 76 votes

Yes
67%
deepseamk20b14_ESOLightspeedflashb14_ESORikumaruSodanTokLoralai_907The_Shadowbornkollege14a5DisgracefulMindSleepyTrollkalunteBrowisethWaffennachtOberon45Dracan_FontomDocFrost72NordSwordnBoardsusmitdsDBZVelenaRoyajiStytchFingal 51 votes
No
14%
MayaFearlessOne_2014Rex-UmbraTruthsnarkTasearAcadianPaladinanadandyBiscuitradbeardCundu_ErturSidraWillowsky 11 votes
I don't have any Bosmer characters but still want to participate in this poll
18%
ShanjijricaperonAnkael07FrancisCrawfordFroilZeroXFFDaedric_NB_187JobooAGSDosuulMrsinister2KeewolukoiMesozdanara 14 votes
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Useful for solo pve and pvp, both of which I do frequently.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on May 30, 2019 3:55PM
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    This poll is in the wrong place, oops...
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    why wouldn't you?
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Well, let's see. My bosmer lass was built around frequently dodge rolling before the racial changes came out. I was laughing inside pretty hard to see passives that specifically boost a playstyle I created for her. I wouldn't in my right mind avoid putting points into it.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    So if i roll dodge cause of mechanics, i get pen, why wouldn't i put some points in?
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I'm guessing poll didn't go as op expected 😂😂
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes why wouldn’t i use hunters eye passive.
    Edited by Deathlord92 on May 30, 2019 8:26PM
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Bosmer is in a better place in 99% of PVE than before. The dodge roll thing is kinda OP in PvP. The 3m stealth detect pierces cloak and is a bit OP in PvP actually. Honestly giving back the 3m detect radius reduction and removing the stealth detection would be a bit of a well deserved nerf.

The speed boost is definitely OP for running though the Psijic Cult Compound grinding for my Spend-to-Win skills.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, why wouldn’t you. There are what? 400 skill points available all together?
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I put a point in just to see if the detection worked in PVP.

Couldn't tell, but I'll probably put more in since mechanics force me to dodge/roll in harder PVE content anyways.
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Clicked wrong thing. I took the speed but stick shakes fist fix the lore. Give them 5% more speed while shealthed or something that isn't guard bs on thievies.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Dear op you should ask if shealth detection makes better thieves
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I had a Bosmer, I would spend the points for sure.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    darkblue5 wrote: »
    Bosmer is in a better place in 99% of PVE than before. The dodge roll thing is kinda OP in PvP. The 3m stealth detect pierces cloak and is a bit OP in PvP actually. Honestly giving back the 3m detect radius reduction and removing the stealth detection would be a bit of a well deserved nerf.

The speed boost is definitely OP for running though the Psijic Cult Compound grinding for my Spend-to-Win skills.

Hunter's eye doesn't pierce cloak or any other kind of invisibility, what you are talking LMAO.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    At first I resisted it, but roll-dodge with bow is really cool with this passive so I gave up.
    But stealth detection part is garbage.
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Not since I race-changed it to Orc.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It's huge
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Yes, why wouldn’t you. There are what? 400 skill points available all together?

It's useless garbage, and I wouldn't put a point into it even if I had 20 skill points just sitting around doing nothing. Wait, I do have 20 skill points sitting around doing nothing. Still not wasting a point on it.

I get Hasty Retreat already, I'd rather have a predictable and steady penetration bonus instead of one that hops all over the place, and the detection 'bonus' is proven to be actually a detriment if you are ever in stealth around stealthed enemies in PVPland.

Whatever gives me back my stealth. Anyways, almost all of the improvement to Bosmer comes from having 2000 more for stamina instead of the 6% that it was before. The flat value for stamina recovery was a buff for most people unless they were hugely invested in stamina recovery to the point of being dumb about it.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no Bosmer characters.

I do, however, have a feline character named "Grumpy Ex Wood Elf".
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Hunter's eye doesn't pierce cloak or any other kind of invisibility, what you are talking LMAO.

It's the same detect as potion. It is wacky and sometimes works and sometimes doesn't esp. in lag but it is the same as a very tiny detect pot. You can definitely crowd other NBs and pull em from Shadowy unless they changed it recently. Also getting too close to gank a Wood Elf has pulled me from Shadowy too.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but only because I had a huge number of extra skillpoints on that character. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

It's the same detect as potion. It is wacky and sometimes works and sometimes doesn't esp. in lag but it is the same as a very tiny detect pot. You can definitely crowd other NBs and pull em from Shadowy unless they changed it recently. Also getting too close to gank a Wood Elf has pulled me from Shadowy too.

I (hilariously and to my death) got pulled out of stealth on a High Elf magblade when tryinna gank a Wood Elf, so nah, not due to that char having the passive.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I (hilariously and to my death) got pulled out of stealth on a High Elf magblade when tryinna gank a Wood Elf, so nah, not due to that char having the passive.

Won't pull a Khajiit out of Cloak though.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    That's the one of two passives that made me play bosmer again after shelving it for a time, from a useless race to sustain and dodge god, yes please.
    Don't care about the first part of the bonus as you can steal things without any passives on lvl3 char having zero problem but it was a strange design, like we don't have hunter gameplay it the game at all still.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, but only because i have plenty. I do roll dodge but i guess this thread is about the change on detection.

Like the Bosmer girl at the Valenwood gate.

Bosmer and Khajiit always disliked each other.
    Ok, we are now in the same alliance. But that means only we now hate each other more silent.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I had a couple of weeks of purposeful NB hunting in April on my bosmer and only radiant magelight was actually "piercing", even inner light and expert hunter were sorts of garbage with NB easily getting away and returning with surprise attack from invisibility. So maybe if you stand just in 0.1 m of player it can pierce something, but surprise attack range is 5m so what's the point of this?
  • Wildbloom
    Wildbloom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I have like 6 skill points left and nothing good to put them in AND I have 3/3 points in hunters eye, so of course I use it. It's a fantastic little boost and I honestly think the only reason people don't take it is spite, which is pathetic.
    "Hello, Skellington Pal! How are you today? Bone dry, you say? I’d offer you a glass of water, but it’d all fall through! I need more coffee."

ZOS_GinaBruno, patch 5.0.1 PTS patch notes, 4/22/2019
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    why not
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe