The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MagDK, rotation and seething fury

Vildebill
Vildebill
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Trying to figure out how my new rotation should be on my MagDK now that seething fury is the new thingy, but however I do it nothing feels really good. So my question is how you MagDKs are doing, how's your rotation now? What seems to be the most efficient way to keep up seething fury x3?

My old rotation is pretty standard, pre-buff acceleration and FoO, then Eruption > Blockade > Engulfing > Embers > Whip x4 > Blockade > juggling buffs and reapplying them when they run out. This give me zero uptime on seething fury x3 so obviously something has to change. I've seen and heard some that use chains as spammable, and that's pretty clunky.
EU PC
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally use engulfing as the spamable, but you can also use flames of oblivion, the x3 lasts for 5 seconds so as long as you hit just 1 every 5 sec it will stay up.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally stay with the usual rotation and the only adjustment I made was changeing FoO to frontbar, and shield onto backbar.

keeping the seething fury stacks up and not use whip, IMO is equally strong as consuming the buff and use the whip.

for trashfights I use breath as spammable, due to its aoe nature and then seething fury also is stronger due to the nature of SD beeing more effective in AOE then some empowered whips are.
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on May 31, 2019 7:42AM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I've seen people usually get rid of inner lights and slot whip even on backbar, do the rotation as before and when magicka falls under 50% they use Unrelenting Grip x3 then 1x Whip to keep sustain. I tried that and can't get any meaningful results (63k on iron boy dummy) while I saw 80k+ parses this way. Maybe its something more to that, I dunno.
  • Matthros
    Matthros
    ✭✭✭
    For my front bar rotation I switched to using engulfing flames, LA, embers, LA, embers, LA, whip to get the full fury buff. I may switch embers and engulfing flames in this rotation to see if I get more dps but would need to consider my sustain.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the advice. Another ember or engulfing before whip might be the way to go. Will do some testing. Hope some more people that play a lot of MagDK will chip in :)
    EU PC