The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magblade's, what's your spammable?

danielclarkb16_ESO
danielclarkb16_ESO
✭✭✭
https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-nightblade-build-pve/

So I've been running this Alcast build for a while now and so far I'm quite enjoying it - I'm not the best of players - currently hitting around 12-15k DPS (20-25k on a large mob). I have one issue with it though- it's heavily reliant on AOE. I tend to find that this build excels when there's either a large group of enemies or where an enemy is fairly static. I'm struggling to find any sort of spammable single target skill that works with this build - at the moment I'm just using Elemental Weapon but it takes a fair while to cast. Are there any Magblade's that could recommend a spammable skill to use when my AOE is down?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used Funnel Health or Crushing Shock depending on the group/boss.

Weaving with Funnel Health was a PITA for me but nowhere near as bad as it used to be.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raid when i dont need selfheal = elemental weapon
    selfheal = swallow soul (funnel is ~50% less damage)

Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Swallow Soul for self healing. Elemental Weapon for highest DPS. Force Pulse for cleave.
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭
    Swallow soul, self heal plus nice animation, also could not be bothered to level up elemental weapon on a third character beyond a few levels. For whatever reason I get a higher damage tooltip too compared with elemental weapon
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muzzick wrote: »
    Swallow soul, self heal plus nice animation, also could not be bothered to level up elemental weapon on a third character beyond a few levels. For whatever reason I get a higher damage tooltip too compared with elemental weapon

My tooltip on swallow soul is like 3-4 point higher (negligible) but that doesn’t account for the consistent secondary damage that ele procs every time.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Concealed can hit to 15k. Fast
    Swallow soul it can hit to 15k. Moderate
    Elemental weapon can hit 20k. Slow

Im cp810.
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swallow Soul for Single Target.

Sap Essence for AoE.

I always queue as healer though.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sap Essence for AoE.

So you heal without Funnel Health? Then why heal on a nightblade?
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sap Essence for AoE.

Nb healers exist outside of Funnel Health... the skill isn't that great anymore
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfected asylum Destro staff votes force pulse
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Victor_Blade
    Victor_Blade
    ✭✭✭✭

Sap Essence for AoE.

Sap is better than funnel health this patch.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sap Essence for AoE.

Funnel Health is the worst ability in the game. Dropping Funnel Health is what makes NBs work.

Elemental Ring with the BRP staff... but I’m a healer.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 31, 2019 11:22AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Swallow soul if I'm doing the MA ulti build or the heals =0. Ele weapon otherwise.
    Force pulse in some vma rounds and brp
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the stage of the game you're at Swallow Soul is the best.

BTW those look like AOE skills but contribute significantly to overall single target dps in fights where a tank is holding the boss still. Single target spammables ultimately do relatively terrible overall dps but are better than doing no dps while damage over time ticks.

You should build your character more like a pvp character while leveling. Wall of Elements and Twisted Path are great at endgame but pretty meh early.
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sap Essence for AoE.

After funnel had it's damage cut in half, I refuse to use it. I liked healing on a Magblade because I could do great DPS and great healing at the same time. Sucks they took the damage away from refreshing path too.

To answer the question though, I heal on my Magblade because I main Magblade, and refuse to sit through DPS queues. However, I also refuse to sit through dungeons with fake DPS, so I do both healing and damage when I queue to assure the dungeon goes smoothly and quickly.
  • danielclarkb16_ESO
    danielclarkb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    darkblue5 wrote: »

BTW those look like AOE skills but contribute significantly to overall single target dps in fights where a tank is holding the boss still. Single target spammables ultimately do relatively terrible overall dps but are better than doing no dps while damage over time ticks.

You should build your character more like a pvp character while leveling. Wall of Elements and Twisted Path are great at endgame but pretty meh early.

I'm about 430cp at the moment, I just find that single target damage with this build is pretty meh. Could you recommend a build?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    darkblue5 wrote: »

I'm about 430cp at the moment, I just find that single target damage with this build is pretty meh. Could you recommend a build?

I’d recommend the opposite. Dump swallow soul. The cost is high, the damage meh and the healing is meh, and it’s even worse in pvp. Get used to not using it.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Mother Russia, Swallow Soul spams you.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.