Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Abandon "Soul Shriven in Coldharbor" quest

darthbelanb14_ESO
darthbelanb14_ESO
✭✭✭
Can we please have the ability to abandon the quest "Soul Shriven in Coldharbor?" Or not have it automatically added to the journal? I go to my main city to pick up the Undaunted skill line and am not interested in starting the main quest line on my alts. I've been there and done that, Molag Bal is defeated, don't really need the skill points.
Edited by darthbelanb14_ESO on May 30, 2019 2:31AM
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You just can ignore this quest as well as many people ignore Cadwell's Silver and Gold or Stuga.
    Options
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "But it's the main story. It's important"

Done it. Seen it. Got the t-shirt on about a dozen characters.

"But skill points"

Got plenty, thanks.

"Someone might drop it and not be able to find it again"

Quest giver marker. Hooded figure. Solved.

"Just do it. It takes 10 minutes"

No it doesn't, and it leads to Cadwell's Silver/Gold which certainly doesn't.

"Just ignore it"

Why should I have this distracting thing on my screen forever?

"This is a waste of developer time when there's lag"

The people who would implement this are not the engine coders who should be looking at the lag issues.

There. Did I miss any of the spurious arguments against the OP's request?
    Edited by adriant1978 on May 30, 2019 7:10AM
    Options
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At one point they did make it optional where you didn't pick it up until you talked to the Hooded Figure who stood in one spot, but they found more players skipping it entirely or new players not know its existence. So now when you enter one of the 3 starter cities, its automatically added to your quest log to "Talk to the Hooded Figure" and stay there.
    Options
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can pass and not take the main quest after teleporting to Coldharbour and talking to sir Cadwell.
    Just complete the quest "The Weight of Three Crowns", get rewards and quit the talk.

That's a lot of time to spend yet better than "Explore all Tamriel in gold and silver"
    Edited by Alex_Lex on May 30, 2019 9:07AM
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
    Options
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *cough* Battlegrounds flyers in EVERY effing zone *cough*
    Options
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alex_Lex wrote: »
    You can pass and not take the main quest after teleporting to Coldharbour and talking to sir Cadwell.
    Just complete the quest "The Weight of Three Crowns", get rewards and quit the talk.

SHHHHH! They'll probably hotfix this now in case someone is unable to continue the story without being beaten over the head with auto-added quests. :#
    Options
  • darthbelanb14_ESO
    darthbelanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Alex_Lex wrote: »

That's a lot of time to spend yet better than "Explore all Tamriel in gold and silver"

Huh, interesting, did not know this. Going to do this now before they fix it.

Still annoying, though. I don't often reach the max quests in the journal, but this does take up one slot. All they have to do is make the NPC one of the ones that tries to get your attention every time you enter your alliance's starting town, and not have it add the quest to your journal.
    Options
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer if you had to talk to the npc to get the quest instead of it automatically being added. The wording is dumb too.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
    Options
  • Ramzdonb16_ESO
    Ramzdonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's insanely annoying how this game has ridiculous restrictions that wouldn't actually effect any player negatively if they were lifted.

Also who the hell would talk to the hooded figure and follow them in to a house knowing damn well they're gunna sacrifice me to molag balls, I'd like an option to murder all the noobs in that house. How are those dweebs going to over power me in my full gold gear shooting fire everywhere and killing molag himself (down in the sewers) already but his little acolytes manage to stop me.
    Options
  • Ramzdonb16_ESO
    Ramzdonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I necro this thread seeing as necros are relevant atm
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's insanely annoying how this game has ridiculous restrictions that wouldn't actually effect any player negatively if they were lifted.

Also who the hell would talk to the hooded figure and follow them in to a house knowing damn well they're gunna sacrifice me to molag balls, I'd like an option to murder all the noobs in that house. How are those dweebs going to over power me in my full gold gear shooting fire everywhere and killing molag himself (down in the sewers) already but his little acolytes manage to stop me.

I'm not so sure the hooded figure who tells you about their mysterious benefactor is "in on it," since the person you go to speak with is bound and gagged; maybe they're just as much a victim as you?

As for being overpowered and killed, they sneak up behind you and knock you out. Impossible to do while you're all decked out in your gold gear, you say? Tell that to the city guards the next time they catch you trying to pickpocket them.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    We've closed this thread given its age and that some information within it may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please created a new thread.
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on April 3, 2020 1:24PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.