Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should DLC dungeons be removed from pledges?

• Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Huh? Zos recently nerfed a bunch of them, so much easier now. DLC dungeons really aren’t that hard.Why ask for them to be removed from pledges? I don’t understand that.

If you meant from the random dungeon finder then still no.. if you’re doing them on normal, they are quite easy. VET I can understand wanting them removed.
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTHER:

I think each of us should be allowed to CHOOSE whether or not they like to run a random dungeon from a) only base game ; b) only DLCs/chapters (owned) or c) base game and DLCs/chapters (owned) on a daily basis.

Its simply unfair that everyone that is willingly paying for eso+ bonus is always gutted into having to run more difficult and timeintensive dungeons than anyone only owning the base game.

Its beautiful to have the opportunity to do DLC dungons with eso+ ... but since RL is sometimes quite harshly limitting my playtime to 30mins and then its supper/playing with kid/doing housework/etc etc I really would like to have the opportunity to actually play a random daily in that time. Atm I can't, because RNG hates me and I tend to end up with 3 (more or less) clueless/useless/incompetent mates in a DLC dungeon that at minimum takes an hour to complete and not one of the easier/better known/ in general faster to do non-DLC dungeons.

Having a choice would help alot here.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    OTHER:

I think each of us should be allowed to CHOOSE whether or not they like to run a random dungeon from a) only base game ; b) only DLCs/chapters (owned) or c) base game and DLCs/chapters (owned) on a daily basis.

Its simply unfair that everyone that is willingly paying for eso+ bonus is always gutted into having to run more difficult and timeintensive dungeons than anyone only owning the base game.

Its beautiful to have the opportunity to do DLC dungons with eso+ ... but since RL is sometimes quite harshly limitting my playtime to 30mins and then its supper/playing with kid/doing housework/etc etc I really would like to have the opportunity to actually play a random daily in that time. Atm I can't, because RNG hates me and I tend to end up with 3 (more or less) clueless/useless/incompetent mates in a DLC dungeon that at minimum takes an hour to complete and not one of the easier/better known/ in general faster to do non-DLC dungeons.

Calling other players useless is really low. No human being is useless. I hope your kids never grow up to view other people that way. We need more tolerance of other people in this world not less. Sometimes players need to learn things that is all.
    Edited by wishlist14 on May 27, 2019 9:12AM
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get good
    Well, at least on the consoles you can dectivate them if you dont want them to pop up when doing random dungeons, problem solved :wink:
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    OTHER:

Calling other players useless is really low. No human being is useless. I hope your kids never grow up to view other people that way. We need more tolerance of other people in this world not less. Sometimes players need to learn things that is all.

... I am very sorry but his statement of clueless/useless/incompetent is very accurate, some people dont know mechanics therefore clueless. Dont plan on learning mechanics therefore incompetent. Dead, therefore useless. He was not calling people useless because they suck, or didn't learn mechanics yet, he was specifically calling out people that dont even try learning mechanics, as a person that pugs vDLC, some people, after few wipes, get frustrated, and others, not only dont listen when i am trying to type out mechanics, they engage before the tank. These kind of people. That doesn't add anything to the group. Are useless.

You are correct though, many people are fine, clueless is fine, they can learn, incompetent is fine, it will take them longer to learn, useless is for people that don't try to learn.
    Edited by zvavi on May 27, 2019 9:41AM
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No, of course not!
    First off, as some people already pointed out, you can actively CHOSE to not play DLC dungeons by not accepting the pledge. All they are missing is one key (and a bit of frustration).
    But more importantly, I think it is neccessary to *encourage* less experienced players to go and try the tougher dungeons instead of sticking to the usual tank&spank mechanics. People need a reason to play those dungeons and learn from other, more experienced players. All it takes is one player who knows the trick and is able and willing to explain the mechanics with 1-2 sentences. Might not work the first time, but eventually, the weaker players will get the hang of it and succeed. Without pledges and/or random dungeons, new players would not have a reason to even try all those dlc dungeons.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should stay. A PUG is a PUG, you get what you get when you PUG.

There's a lot of mechanics people don't know even in "easier" dungeons. I think Vet dlc dungeons do a better job of broadcasting mechanics before they happen than normal dungeons do.
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop nerfing everything
    The few people that voted Yes don't seem to know the difference between pledges and the dungeon finder.
    Can't say i'm surprised.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    DLC dungeons should be removed from Random Dungeon queue. Half of them require constant commmunicate via voice comms. PUGs are not willing to do VoIPs. Therefore DLC do not belong in Random Dungeon Queue.

At least give us a option to check or uncheck a box for them. I should not have to feel punished for PAYING FOR CONTENT!

That is not what OP is talking about. Not even close to it. They are talking only about pledges.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTHER:

My luck is BAD and I am not sure how i should call people stealthing away from every fight. People that leave more then 75% damage done (in every encounter) to a quite normal casual DD ... . I don't mind carrying these people, as long as they stay polite, watch and learn its fine. But what they do is not quite what I would call thoughfull/usefull/competent. Especially when we talk about more difficult DLC dungeons.

Btw... instead of getting triggered at one single word and trying to make a debate about that, do you have anything to say about the argument at state? Please, feel free to share your thoughts.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't understand premise. Like why?
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    If you don’t like doing DLC pledges, don’t pick them up. Simple.
    "When the human race learns to read the language of symbolism, a great veil will fall from the eyes of men." ~Manly P. Hall
  • JPS
    JPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get good
    I didn't realize it was that time of the month again where people think they should make polls to create a 'we' feeling for what they want themselves...
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, as others have said if you don't want to do them then don't do them.

They should be removed from the random normal pool though.
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS just nerfed some of the fights they saw were roadblocks to groups completing the DLC dungeons, so I doubt they'll be removing them.

I suspect that the beatings nerfs will continue until morale completion rates improve.

Which will not probably happen (increasing completion rates) as ZOS does a really good job of keeping their players uninformed of said nerfs. How many players do you thing are actually reading the patch notes every quarter to check for nerfs to the dungeons ?

And adding new (mechanics heavy) new DLC dungeons every half year just reinforces the image that these dungeons project to the average player: vetDLC dungeons are only meant for the elite players.
    If they meant these dungeons to able to be played for all players then pretty much destroyed their brand, a lot of people actually fear these dungeons.
  • mann9753b16_ESO
    mann9753b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, mainly because Players who dont have ESO Plus shouldnt be locked out of basic content.

Pledges were supposed to be part of the base game, but the more DLC Dungeons come to the game, the bigger is the Chance that a non ESO Plus player cant do the Pledged multiple days in a row.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Yes, mainly because Players who dont have ESO Plus shouldnt be locked out of basic content.

Pledges were supposed to be part of the base game, but the more DLC Dungeons come to the game, the bigger is the Chance that a non ESO Plus player cant do the Pledged multiple days in a row.

How many non-DLC pledges a day do you get now and how many non-DLC pledges a day did you get a year ago?

Edit: MattT gives some good hints to the answer below.
    Edited by idk on May 27, 2019 12:24PM
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get good

Ooooookay. A few things here:
    1. The reward for doing the 3rd pledge (DLC pledge) is the same as the 2 base game pledges. Keys. So your not missing out on anything.
    2. It’s been established and it is common knowledge that the third pledge giver only gives out DLC dungeons, so the third pledge giver is not apart of the ‘basic content’.

Your argument doesn’t really add up.
  • Seleval
    Seleval
    ✭✭✭
    No
    DLC Dungeons should nto be removed from pledges. The NPC is not forcing you to take on the pledge, nor is she forcing you to do veteran or even vet HM of the pledge.
    If you want one key, do the DLC pledge in normal, easy as that.
    Or go with guildies into the veteran mode, tell them you havent been there before. Even if you pug it, often people will understand if they have to explain mechanics and all. Communication is the key. or just avoid the dungeon when not doing it with guildies
    PC/EU
  • ayu_fever
    ayu_fever
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    i HATE dlc dungeons on veteran mode.
    i like trials and dungeons on normal. will play those all day!
    base game dungeons on veteran are my limit of dedication and effort, and i avoid dlc dungeons on veteran because they are just too hard.
    i refuse to attempt veteran trials.

i play games to relax and have fun with guildies, not to be overwhelmed, stressed out, and wiping on the same boss for 3 hours. i dont have time for that.

some players like to push their limits and to be challenged.
    i am not one of them.
    just because i dont like that sort of content, that doesnt mean i want it removed or nerfed because every activity on each difficulty has a target audience.
    i am comfortable knowing i wont get some skins and titles. doesnt bother me one bit.

all players need to drop the sense of entitlement and realize that every piece of content is available to all players to play and see if they can do it, but not every piece of content is meant for all players to complete because of reasons.
    PS4 NA

all characters are members of the ebonheart pact master race
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT

main character:
    Rebekah Straight-Fire, breton templar healer: THE FATEBRINGER (dungeons, trials, pvp)
    —MERIDIA’S LUSTRANT— 1100+CP; alliance rank 21 (major grade 1); Rebekah is the most devoted and loyal follower of the lady of infinite energies and the highest ascendant of meridia’s purified legion and was forged from meridia’s brilliant radiance of purity.

other meta toons-
    Alexa Straight-Fire, breton warden healer: THE ALCHEMIST (dungeons, trials)
    Sasha Straight-Fire, nord dragonknight tank: THE UNBREAKABLE (dungeons, trials)
    Freyja Straight-Fire, nord warden tank: THE ICEBERG (dungeons, trials)
    Ororo Straight-Fire, dark elf magsorc: THE SHOCKWAVE (dungeons, trials)
    Michonne Straight-Fire, redguard stamDK: THE EVISCERATOR (dungeons, trials)

just for fun toons-
    Rhea Straight-Fire, wood elf warden stam healer: THE RANGER
    Shiva Straight-Fire, high elf warden ice mage: THE CRYOMANCER
    Morgana Straight-Fire, dark elf necromancer solo play: THE DEATHSINGER
    Lucille Straight-Fire, dark elf nightblade solo play: THE VOIDWALKER
    Diana Straight-Fire, nord templar tank: THE CLERIC
    Falsetto Straight-Fire, orc stamsorc werewolf: THE THUNDERHOWL
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Dlc dungeons need to be removed from the random normals pool.
    I'm not asking to nerf them.

Any player should be able to queue for a random normal and not be forced to do a dlc that they don't know the mechanics for.
    Let's say player A wants to get a key from random normals pledges so they can get their shoulders but they find cradle of shadows too difficult but for some reason they keep getting it as their random dungeon. Zfter long queues this player has to then leave queue to avoid a dlc dungeon and waste their time and other players time.

When I started out doing dlc dungeons i kept getting falkreath keep (excuse me if i got spelling wrong) on my magsorc vampire over and over lol. It's one I can easily do but still i'd always lol when i got it.

The dlcs I found most players struggled with was scale callerpeak, specially in the first fight with those troll bosses.
    White gold tower has a fight that many newer to dlc player really struggle with too. Cradle of shadows is not newbie friendly.
    When you get vet players wanting to nuke through these dlcs it doesn't give inexperienced players the chance to practice the mechanics in a stess or rush free environment. I feel this needs to be considered in order to make dlc dungeons more welcoming and doable to newer or less inexperienced players.

Please don't dismiss the fact that there are many good eso players with high cp that just never stepped into a dlc or vet dungeon but when they do they will need to have time to learn mechanics, make a few mistakes and learn so they become more competent.

In a perfect eso universe I would make the level scaling of content more fluid so players are always in training and improving in a seemingly seamless playing environment....alright maybe not that seamless but certainly a more gradual increase in difficulty.

This is just my opinion and I am weird so take it or leave it 😆😆😆❤

You know, maybe they should lock random normals until you have completed the dungeons you currently qualify for.

So you hit level 10 and unlock FG I, BC I and SC I - You need to complete all 3 of them before you can queue for a normal dungeon.

Once you leveled up enough that you unlock EH I, DC I and WS I, you get locked out of normal dungeons until you've completed those dungeons once on that character and then you are back in the game.

So on and so forth unti you hit 45, at which point you have to go through all the DLC dungeons before you can ever queue for a random normal again.

That way you move through the mechanic progression that actually exists in the dungeon and you never have to worry about ending up in a random dungeon you don't know.
    The Moot Councillor