Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

remove faction lock, i didnt pay money for a game where you get told what side to play for 30 days.

• VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »
    Royaji wrote: »
    VinayExile wrote: »
    LindsC wrote: »
    Valrien wrote: »
    You paid money for a game in which there is an alliance war and you pick a faction when you play.

If this happened Pre-One-Tamriel no one would bat an eye

There was no faction lock pre tamriel either

Yeah there was. If a character was in a certain alliance and entered a campaign, no characters on the opposing factions could enter that campaign

Yes, and it was removed for a reason!
    And they also had 3 campaigns back then for cp, not just 1.

They still have 3 Cp campaigns, you know?

That post is not going to end well for your argument. Just saying.

What argument? I was pointing out a fact, and there is no arguing a fact... 30days cp, 7days cp, and IC cp. 3 Cp campaigns. Fact.

IC isnt a campaign since you cannot be emperor and cannot be in a ranking.

So yes hes right.
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faction lock is here to stay, and let's hope it gets spread to the remaining campaigns. Those that don't like it, don't understand the concept of the game.

Nah, were just not roleplaying scrubs.
    We want pvp not pvedoor
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is the problem you should care about campaign scores.
    That is what AvAvA is all about. There is also plenty of play for small scale, i.e. BGs and unlocked campaigns.

No there is not, bg and unlocked campaigns are dead after 10pm. The only campaign there is action on is the 30 day cp campaign.

And were not role players fighting for the queen or whatever, and campaign scores are nonsense because the rewards are ***.
    So why would anyone care about camp scoring.

Well bud I do along with a PvP guild of 400 others.
    We don't like Cyro being turned in to a farming simulator.

I dont care what you want, for all I care you can keep zerging keeps with 400 people, we just want to pvp with a group if 5-10 ppl max.
    Not for farming not for the campaign just for open world pvp.

So you play in a 5-10 man group, do you know any other groups of that size you could coordinate with to get some XvX going on the 7 day? If you made friends with some other guilds it sounds like the 7 day could be pretty hopping, and the fights would be a lot better than blob bombing pugzergs.

Faction lock is probs here to stay, you should coordinate with other highly skilled small man groups and turn the 7 day in to a real champion level battle ground where only the best dare enter. To me this seems like a great opportunity for a PVP renaissance.

We do, but why would we want to be limited to only that
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You paid money for a game in which there is an alliance war and you pick a faction when you play.

Yeah there was. If a character was in a certain alliance and entered a campaign, no characters on the opposing factions could enter that campaign

What argument? I was pointing out a fact, and there is no arguing a fact... 30days cp, 7days cp, and IC cp. 3 Cp campaigns. Fact.

So yes hes right.

If you wanna be this technical, then I'll concede, I'm wrong, and so is he. 2 isn't 1 either. Hehe

But I see your point.
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭

So yes hes right.

If you wanna be this technical, then I'll concede, I'm wrong, and so is he. 2 isn't 1 either. Hehe

But I see your point.

Yea and next to that no one in their right mind goes to IC because no one is there.

This is also the reason most people go to the 30day campaign, because after 10 PM ( only 2 hours after prime time ) there is already 1 faction only on medium pop.
    It's usually AD and on all the other campaigns it's the same problem as IC they're dead because everyone knows the main action is on Vivec.

Wich is why..... we need to remove locks just put other ways in to fix faction hopping to exploit or troll or whatever.
    If you have no gain by not getting points or emperor opportunities there wont be a reason for switching to do this.

And for those people that think that there are spies.....
    Please, tinfoil hats can kill too you know.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put your actions where your mouth is and turn Shor into a busy campaign like Vivec if there are so many that feel like you do.
    We could use less lag on Vivec, so spread out.
    Edited by TequilaFire on May 27, 2019 2:51AM
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Put your actions where your mouth is and turn Shor into a busy campaign like Vivec if there are so many that feel like you do.

Try again. Not enough population between all servers to support more than one on XNA during off peak. It's not rare that 30cp will hit zero pop bars on one or two factions.

Edited by Mr_Walker on May 27, 2019 3:04AM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Try again. Not enough population between all servers to support more than one on XNA during off peak. It's not rare that 30cp will hit zero pop bars on one or two factions.

How do you figure?
    If people don't play alliance locked campaign and go to an unlocked one there will be enough players.
    Or are you saying that the ones crying about the locks are actually a small group?
    Is everybody so stubborn they have to faction stack on one campaign?
    I thought snall scalers wanted smaller fights.
    Or is it they want to make YouTube videos farming noobs?
    Edited by TequilaFire on May 27, 2019 3:23AM
  • MirelaUmbrella
    MirelaUmbrella
    ✭✭✭
    Most rvr games lock you into one realm and it's how it should be, faction lock is awesome. IMO we should be faction locked since character creation, we shouldn't be able to create characters in all three alliances. If you want a race from another alliance, just buy the any race, any alliance thing. Playing with people from other alliances in pve is fine, but leave the pvp locked. Furthermore, i'd love if they'd reinforce the alliance pride. For example, connect one campaign to the overland and have it influence it. If an AD (or EP or DC) character is crowned emperor, then all the AD characters (or EP or DC) gain more exp, or more gold drop in pve (or other small buffs) for the emperorship duration. This way Cyrodiil gets a new meaning, pve-ers will stop mumbling against the pvp-ers and maybe even join the war themselves. Selfish pointless pvp is boring, we need more depth to the alliance vs alliance.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How do you figure?
    If people don't play alliance locked campaign and go to an unlocked one there will be enough players.
    Or are you saying that the ones crying about the locks are actually a small group?

We don’t want smaller fights, we want larger outnumbered fights. We enjoy the challenge, even if we get zerged down. That’s the rush, the fun, trying to pull off the unthinkable.

You simply cannot do that if your faction is zerging everyone else into the floor, there are physically no fights to be had.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll have no qualms with factions locks as long as my main faction with my main is the one with the least population. But I simply cannot enjoy this game if I go into the only populated campaign only to find EP is zerging everything down effectively killing off all the fights. And I know this will happen at some point or another, so that’s why I and several others are so vocal against faction locks.

BGs is not a viable alternative as I have to sit in 30 minute queues on my main to find a match that just isn’t fun. Add competitive arenas to the game and you can faction lock every campaign for all I care, then the good PvPers would have something meaningful occupying majority of our time.
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »

How do you figure?

We don’t want smaller fights, we want larger outnumbered fights. We enjoy the challenge, even if we get zerged down. That’s the rush, the fun, trying to pull off the unthinkable.

You simply cannot do that if your faction is zerging everyone else into the floor, there are physically no fights to be had.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll have no qualms with factions locks as long as my main faction with my main is the one with the least population. But I simply cannot enjoy this game if I go into the only populated campaign only to find EP is zerging everything down effectively killing off all the fights. And I know this will happen at some point or another, so that’s why I and several others are so vocal against faction locks.

BGs is not a viable alternative as I have to sit in 30 minute queues on my main to find a match that just isn’t fun. Add competitive arenas to the game and you can faction lock every campaign for all I care, then the good PvPers would have something meaningful occupying majority of our time.

That should be possible though, if say you had 30 friends in your guild you could have 25 of them log on to AD alts on the non-faction locked campaign and 5 on EP alts and you could take down that 25 man group in some tough fought, near impossible fights. That's what GG is about, that kind of nail biting win. And since you see everywhere that faction hoppers are the majority in PVP you don't need zergblob0skillz to feed your need for carnage, you got what you need already for the really good fights, you just have to get organized.

This has all happened before, people step up and create the content, and they make good, balanced fights. If you are being sincere and good fights are what you want, rally your best and take your game up a notch!
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How do you figure?

That should be possible though, if say you had 30 friends in your guild you could have 25 of them log on to AD alts on the non-faction locked campaign and 5 on EP alts and you could take down that 25 man group in some tough fought, near impossible fights. That's what GG is about, that kind of nail biting win. And since you see everywhere that faction hoppers are the majority in PVP you don't need zergblob0skillz to feed your need for carnage, you got what you need already for the really good fights, you just have to get organized.

This has all happened before, people step up and create the content, and they make good, balanced fights. If you are being sincere and good fights are what you want, rally your best and take your game up a notch!

Wha...what? That might single handedly be the worst counter-argument I have ever seen articulated on these forums. Seriously.

I can barely even muster up a response for that it’s so bad...I’ll just leave you with the fact that no small scalers is going to actively participate in a 25 v 5 fight, small scale is literally when your group is 8 or less. I can say the same thing to you for wanting faction locks, contact other zerg leaders on other factions and organize yourselves going into one of the dead campaigns and duking it out, then you never have to worry about faction hoppers or night cappers because you’re in a dead campaign!! Woohoo!!

Onto the next counterclaim. You’re out.

Seriously though I have to add, is that just a troll? Genuinely? Because I still can’t believe someone typed that out being serious.
    Edited by templesus on May 27, 2019 4:15AM
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We could also use more people in shor, it's a win win. I'll keep saying this to everyone that complains about lock.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vinay you waste your time on the forums..these guys here clearly do nothing else but zerg surf all day long..they don't understand how it is to play in a small group and not finding fights or switching to fight for the underdog. it's a shame that zos listens to faction roleplayers..

PvPers justifying killing questers and camping quest buildings a few weeks ago during the Jubilee event: "THIS IS WAR, THE ENEMY MUST DIE"

PvPers decrying faction lock "SWAP TO FIGHT FOR THE UNDERDOGS"

lolok.

FYI I also dabble in PvP but some of you are a special breed of whiny.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vinay you waste your time on the forums..these guys here clearly do nothing else but zerg surf all day long..they don't understand how it is to play in a small group and not finding fights or switching to fight for the underdog. it's a shame that zos listens to faction roleplayers..

PvPers justifying killing questers and camping quest buildings a few weeks ago during the Jubilee event: "THIS IS WAR, THE ENEMY MUST DIE"

lolok.

It’s odd that you think those two things are a contradiction

If we’re in a lopsided campaign on the winning side, it’s hard to find people to fight. No “enemies” to make die.

Both of those statements are just PvPers trying to find people to PvP.

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

lolok.

If we’re in a lopsided campaign on the winning side, it’s hard to find people to fight. No “enemies” to make die.

Pve questers in cyrodiil wasn't about finding PvP, was about finding easy target. The pve pakyers rarely even had a chance to see anything, let alone fight back. For that kind of action, go fight a target dummy, it's about the same experience.

Don't fool yourself into thinking it's the same because it isn't. PvP is fine, griefing is not. The harassment against pve players was griefing, nothing else.
    Edited by ZonasArch on May 27, 2019 5:27AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lolok.

Pve questers in cyrodiil wasn't about finding PvP, was about finding easy target. The pve pakyers rarely even had a chance to see anything, let alone fight back. For that kind of action, go fight a target dummy, it's about the same experience.

Don't fool yourself into thinking it's the same because it isn't. PvP is fine, griefing is not. The harassment against pve players was griefing, nothing else.

Finding people of an opposing alliance and killing them is PvP.

Both of those statements are trying to do that.

PvE players in cyrodil are people of an opposing alliance. And they are killable. That’s PvP.

It’s Lopsided PvP.. cherry picking PvP. Low to no-skill required PvP.. but it’s still PvP.

Spawn camping them would be But spawn camping isn’t possible in ESO unless a faction gets gate camped, which surprisingly is something that the pro-faction lock crowd is in support of. The anti faction lock crowd despises gate camping because it removes the possibility of a good fight.

But regardless, you’ve made it clear that you don’t consider a player killing another player in a PvP zone to be PvP. So with great logic like yours, im not surprised to see what side of this issue you’re on. You fit right in.
    Edited by Thogard on May 27, 2019 5:33AM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you figure?

Wha...what? That might single handedly be the worst counter-argument I have ever seen articulated on these forums. Seriously.

I can barely even muster up a response for that it’s so bad...I’ll just leave you with the fact that no small scalers is going to actively participate in a 25 v 5 fight, small scale is literally when your group is 8 or less. I can say the same thing to you for wanting faction locks, contact other zerg leaders on other factions and organize yourselves going into one of the dead campaigns and duking it out, then you never have to worry about faction hoppers or night cappers because you’re in a dead campaign!! Woohoo!!

Onto the next counterclaim. You’re out.

Seriously though I have to add, is that just a troll? Genuinely? Because I still can’t believe someone typed that out being serious.

Use your imagination! make it 10 v 20, or 5 v 10 or whatever ratio makes you feel heroically outnumbered against other good players? Or, are you just saying you can't fight good players? Do you mean to say you don't like faction locks because you need a big herd of pugs off discord ran by a pickup general to make you feel like you are a good player?

To me that doesn't seem like a very impressive standard to live up to. In fact, I can hardly think of anything smaller in the world than that. But hey, whatever floats your boat, just be honest. Instead of saying you are in it to balance the server ecology, or that the campaign score doesn't matter and shouldn't to anyone, that what you really want is to swap around to whatever faction can fight the biggest group of bad players so you can feel strong. It's really very sad. Personally in video games I always try to find adversaries that provide a challenge and are at least as good as me; otherwise I just feel like a bully.

Anyway not here to judge! But this is a great chance for a segment of the community that holds itself in high regard to have some solid interactions with itself.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lolok.

PvE players in cyrodil are people an opposing alliance. And they are killable. That’s PvP.

It’s Lopsided PvP.. cherry picking PvP. Low to no-skill required PvP.. but it’s still PvP.

Spawn camping them would be griefing.

But regardless, you’ve made it clear that you don’t consider a player killing another player in a PvP zone to be PvP. So with great logic like yours, im not surprised to see what side of this issue you’re on. You fit right in.
    Your reply is all I needed to know that you were one of the griefers during the Jubilee event. Sux when can’t kill players in Vivek and you run to a low pop to PVP PVE players.
    You all musta felt so accomplished.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

lolok.

PvE players in cyrodil are people of an opposing alliance. And they are killable. That’s PvP.

Spawn camping them would be But spawn camping isn’t possible in ESO unless a faction gets gate camped, which surprisingly is something that the pro-faction lock crowd is in support of. The anti faction lock crowd despises gate camping because it removes the possibility of a good fight.

There's a big big big difference between PvP and simple player killing. Even more so on your own context of a good fight. Stop creating excuses for yourself, just say you want easy kills, instead of good fights. I have no issues with that, my issue is only with hypocritical griefers.

For technicality purposes, PvP means player versus player... If one of the players isn't fighting, it is player versus target. Just saying...
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jazsper77 wrote: »

lolok.

PvE players in cyrodil are people an opposing alliance. And they are killable. That’s PvP.

Your reply is all I needed to know that you were one of the griefers during the Jubilee event. Sux when can’t kill players in Vivek and you run to a low pop to PVP PVE players.

Thogard even uploaded a video of his group killing so called "griefers" during the anniversary event, so guess again....
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

lolok.

Oh, btw... Putting a freaking catapult inside the church in bruma is literally spawn camping, since you get a loading screen of sorts when going in, and that one or two seconds is enough to get you dead trying to deliver quest.

You freaking griefers... Grow a pair and go take a keep.

I'm done with this convo.
  • EdoKeledus
    EdoKeledus
    ✭✭✭
    Faction lock should have been for the account from the beginning. One account, one faction.
    DC PC EU Vivec
    Daggerfall Convenant Loyalist

• Sy1ph5
    Sy1ph5
    ✭✭✭✭
    EdoKeledus wrote: »
    Faction lock should have been for the account from the beginning. One account, one faction.

That's somehow even dumber
  • Sy1ph5
    Sy1ph5
    ✭✭✭✭
    jazsper77 wrote: »

lolok.

Man like maybe just do a little bit of research before you run your mouth. It's literally impossible to brief members of the opposing alliances btw, that's how PvP works.

The reason those quests are so short and easy is because they carry the risk of PvP. Just walk away next time someone is farming you it's easy. Just go somewhere else.

Does it suck that they camped the quest spawn? Yes. Did they do anything wrong? No.

Also just honestly wtf. Sorry you got frustrated with the event, but I would be willing to bet a lot of money that Thogard doesn't have trouble killing people in vivec. Well he might now that vivec doesnt exist.

You said a bunch of random illogical garbage and then insulted the man that pointed it out. Just yikes.
  • Sy1ph5
    Sy1ph5
    ✭✭✭✭

lolok.

Oh, btw... Putting a freaking catapult inside the church in bruma is literally spawn camping, since you get a loading screen of sorts when going in, and that one or two seconds is enough to get you dead trying to deliver quest.

Sick ad hominem bro. Got any other cool logical fallacies for today?
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waited so long for this. Keep faction lock
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lolok.

@ZonasArch

I actually killed the groups that did that. And I wouldn’t have been able to if I wasn’t able to swap to another alliance to do so.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oH37_HaI7XI

Thank you for making my point for me.

• Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    khajiitNPC wrote: »
    I play in small groups of about 8-10 and we LOVE the return of faction lock. But then again we all have characters on the same alliance. Too bad for you.

This isn’t a Zerg mentality, it’s a game design mentality, there are plenty of alternatives. Those who play AvAvA should get some sort of benefit for playing one alliance. So get over it. Go QQ into Molag Bal’s Muatra.

LOL. Small groups are 4 players. You are a medium sized group.

Faction lock was removed. Many players liked that change. Also me, i was enjoying playing on another side. I created 2 characters on EP side. Bought chracter slots for them. Spend several ours leveling them. Not to Spy, not to leech AP. To play with friends from other factions. Thats not possible anymore.

And before someone comes with the 7 days campaigns or IC. I dont like to play on empty campaigns where you need 1 hour to find anyone to fight with. Thats more then boring.

So basicly i cant play with a lot of my Friends anymore. 2 characters i created are now useless. Character slots i bought for them are also wasted now.

If ZOS wanted to prevent joining the winning team for the reward they would simply allow that you can still join the campaign just dont get any reward or Leaderboard. Just a guest in this campaign.

And also this change doesnt prevent spying. You can still Set one of the 30 days campaigns as home for the reward ( Just Play to level 3) and then continue joining the other campaign with any alliance you like If you really want to Spy.

And trying to explain faction lock with lore is the stupiest thing i ever heard. Why should my EP Orc not be allowed to join a campaign cause some dark elf already is there? Wow.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

How do you figure?

Read for comprehension next time.

At off peak every campaign bar 30cp is zero bars, and even 30cp often has 1 faction with zero bars. 30nocp is so dead duri9ng off peak you can 2-man keeps without anyone showing up, either your side or others.

How many people do you fondly imagine are playing?
This discussion has been closed.