The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

remove faction lock, i didnt pay money for a game where you get told what side to play for 30 days.

• ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    VinayExile wrote: »
    when i log in, i look what faction has the most people, and not to play on the winning side gives me alot more action.
    this also goes for the group i play with.
    I didnt start this game or pay money to be told to play the same thing for 30 days without any chance to change.

I want to pvp whenever i want, where i want, and not be limited to for example EP if they have the upper hand and there is nothing to do on that faction at that time.
    Then i want to relog to another faction, and pvp on that to be able to play on a map that is totally red.

A simple solution would be to be able to play the campaign, but not to be able to get any ranked points.
    Just normal ap, without being on the ranked list.

Play the new shot, problem solved.
  • AnonomissX
    AnonomissX
    ✭✭✭✭
    when i log in, i look what faction has the most people, and not to play on the winning side gives me alot more action.
    I didnt start this game or pay money to be told to play the same thing for 30 days without any chance to change.

I want to pvp whenever i want, where i want, and not be limited to for example EP if they have the upper hand and there is nothing to do on that faction at that time.
    Then i want to relog to another faction, and pvp on that to be able to play on a map that is totally red.

A simple solution would be to be able to play the campaign, but not to be able to get any ranked points.

LOL. Nope.

And you are probably talking about a 30 day Champion points campaign. Take your other faction-ed toon to another campaign, problem solved...unless you like the ability to spy without any recourse.

I'm on an Xbox One NA server. The update for faction lock can't come soon enough for me.
    Ebonheart Pact, Nord Templar/healer on NA Xbox server. My main toon WAS a tall and foxy redhead - now she has been gamma-irradiated and has green skin and black hair. 3 other characters I only use for writs. Can't be bothered to create multiple toons - EXCEPT now my WW is getting spooled up for Cyrodiil - Blood For The Pact! IRL cranky sometimes redhead chick at large in Las Vegas, NV
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posted before and I'll post it again. I have 3 main PvP toons that were created before or during morrowind chapter. Years old now. Before faction locks were a thing. One on each faction. I'm now screwed out of those 2 characters. There's a couple others that I'll dabble on from time to time but whatever on those. Either do what that one fella said about making a 30 day non locked and see what the community decides they like best or make it so I can at least faction lock my account so I can play every toon on that faction. I mean, I own any race/alliance already
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    I have 3 main PvP toons that were created before or during morrowind chapter. Years old now. Before faction locks were a thing. One on each faction. I'm now screwed out of those 2 characters.

How are you screwed though?

Choose an Alliance to play characters in the Alliance-locked campaigns.

For the off-Alliance characters, choose the 7-day campaign that is not faction locked.

Everybody wins.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 26, 2019 6:21PM
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 main PvP toons that were created before or during morrowind chapter. Years old now. Before faction locks were a thing. One on each faction. I'm now screwed out of those 2 characters.

How are you screwed though?

Choose an Alliance to play characters in the Alliance-locked campaigns.

For the off-Alliance characters, choose the 7-day campaign that is not faction locked.

Everybody wins.

I prefer no-CP.

No winning for me, huh?
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it is worth, so far the faction lock has improved my experience. I have seen:

1) No creative scroll shenanigans with one faction taking a flag while being guarded by another faction against the third (straight playing faction) only to either hand it off in that guard factions own territory or to suicide and return the flag because (presumably) the whole things was only for score manipulation.
    2) Less map flipping several times a night as the same players change faction and roll (ok, this wasn't the worst thing ever as things at least were happening.)
    3) Less 2 factions on 1 where mixed groups would literally work together in a single battle (one might siege and the other defend the siegers etc. This was always blue and red on yellow on PCNA and was pretty much every night.

Now, I don't know if ultimately the faction lock is the best solution to a lot of this. For instance, the best strategy now for getting gold stuff is to ignore the campaign you want to gold in until day 29, home in on a toon in the winning alliance and get to tier 3 that night all while playing in a different campaign the whole rest of the month. That is a pretty stupid incentive structure. It would be nice if perhaps you didn't have to manipulate everything you did to try to cheat the incentives but given how much better the reward is for contributing little to the winning team vs. a lot to a team that looses that will continue to be the case. It would probably be better to add some more tiers to the campaign rewards and put less incentive on being the winning team as far as rewards go. The way it is now tier 3 + winning is worth basically infinity more than 5x the work in a loosing campaign which really isn't worth significantly more than just tier 1 and loosing.

For what it is worth, faction lock does seem to be a good thing for the time being though.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that its sunday afternoon and none of the alliances are at full population (PC EU), when normally you have to queue to get in, says it all - Faction lock is turning players away from the game
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    7 day campaign isn't alliance locked. This past thursday it was mostly AD owned so I switched to an AD character and a group of us did some skyshard hunting.
    Edited by Red_Feather on May 26, 2019 6:57PM
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    u aren't told what side to play. You choose it when you create a character.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    AnonomissX wrote: »

LOL. Nope.

And you are probably talking about a 30 day Champion points campaign. Take your other faction-ed toon to another campaign, problem solved...unless you like the ability to spy without any recourse.

I'm on an Xbox One NA server. The update for faction lock can't come soon enough for me.

Spy? Spy on What? I have another account on NA if I wanted to spy I'd log that into EU.
    I'm talking about something way different here but it seems 90% of eso has lost the IQ to even read a post.

The players that look for COMPETITIVE pvp are now bound to 1 faction, because of this when the faction they are bound to is always pop locked at the time they want to play means there is no pvp left to do besides zerg down empty keeps.

This is the reason I want to switch whenever I want, so we can pvp even when a faction has the upper hand.

No one cares about spies anymore, or campaign scores.
    I haven't even seen a proper emperor on EU in the last year.
    So disable scoring if you decide to switch campaign is fine and fixes everything.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is the problem you should care about campaign scores.
    That is what AvAvA is all about. There is also plenty of play for small scale, i.e. BGs and unlocked campaigns.
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    u aren't told what side to play. You choose it when you create a character.

Yea if you play 1 class on 1 alliance that's fine, not for us tho.
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is what AvAvA is all about. There is also plenty of play for small scale, i.e. BGs and unlocked campaigns.

No there is not, bg and unlocked campaigns are dead after 10pm. The only campaign there is action on is the 30 day cp campaign.

And were not role players fighting for the queen or whatever, and campaign scores are nonsense because the rewards are ***.
    So why would anyone care about camp scoring.
    Edited by VinayExile on May 26, 2019 7:23PM
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Posted before and I'll post it again. I have 3 main PvP toons that were created before or during morrowind chapter. Years old now. Before faction locks were a thing. One on each faction. I'm now screwed out of those 2 characters. There's a couple others that I'll dabble on from time to time but whatever on those. Either do what that one fella said about making a 30 day non locked and see what the community decides they like best or make it so I can at least faction lock my account so I can play every toon on that faction. I mean, I own any race/alliance already

Shor.
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »

Shor.

The problem with shor is that theres no one there after 10pm
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I didn't pay money for a game where people moaning about skills in PvP ends up with my PvE skills getting mangled.

It's an MMO - things change, and not always in a way you personally enjoy (or, "things change, and there will always be someone who doesn't like it, no matter what). It's part of the genre, live with it.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overland Cyro is AvAvA, how do you even think alliance hoping would be good for it? You say you do it because you are bored, but to people for whom strategic play is a thing, having the ability to flip the map at a whim, ruins this. Lore-wise it's nonsensical as well: why would you suddenly play for the enemy? And as for being free to play everywhere, well you still can, there's still lots of pvp to be had, just not in the same campaign.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No there is not, bg and unlocked campaigns are dead after 10pm. The only campaign there is action on is the 30 day cp campaign.

And were not role players fighting for the queen or whatever, and campaign scores are nonsense because the rewards are ***.

Well bud I do along with a PvP guild of 400 others.
    We don't like Cyro being turned in to a farming simulator.
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    And I didn't pay money for a game where people moaning about skills in PvP ends up with my PvE skills getting mangled.

It's an MMO - things change, and not always in a way you personally enjoy (or, "things change, and there will always be someone who doesn't like it, no matter what). It's part of the genre, live with it.

No, because the game was advertised differently.
    And also the changes you talk about are useful balance changes with no other option.
    There is 10 different ways to fix camp problems without faction lock
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »

Shor.

The problem with shor is that theres no one there after 10pm

Yeah... Only Saturday you see late night fights.
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭

I dont care what you want, for all I care you can keep zerging keeps with 400 people, we just want to pvp with a group if 5-10 ppl max.
    Not for farming not for the campaign just for open world pvp.
  • Ardan147
    Ardan147
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faction lock was put into place because of people abusing the ability to alternately play characters of different factions on the same campaign.

What the should do is add another 30 day campaign so that players can always play every character they might have on a 30 day campaign, but at least this way they would all be isolated.
    This creature called a songbird. What a devious creation! This winged nuisance erodes sanity with its incessant chirping. What a brilliant form of torture!
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ardan147 wrote: »
    Faction lock was put into place because of people abusing the ability to alternately play characters of different factions on the same campaign.

What the should do is add another 30 day campaign so that players can always play every character they might have on a 30 day campaign, but at least this way they would all be isolated.

Yes but you miss the point.
    People switch to join the winning side, but if you are unable to get campaign points if you switch that will be useless to do.
    And even if they still switch to just win in the zerg it will be newbies doing this not the people that play for the pvp.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this ^
    well said
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spy? Spy on What? I have another account on NA if I wanted to spy I'd log that into EU.
    I'm talking about something way different here but it seems 90% of eso has lost the IQ to even read a post.

Why do you have to insult people for having a differing opinion?

With that said, what is wrong with 7 day campaigns? After all you did say if you wanted to switch ever few days for what ever reason, I am sure you can still do it with 7 day campaigns. If I am wrong please correct me.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    vinay you waste your time on the forums..these guys here clearly do nothing else but zerg surf all day long..they don't understand how it is to play in a small group and not finding fights or switching to fight for the underdog. it's a shame that zos listens to faction roleplayers..
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »

Why do you have to insult people for having a differing opinion?

With that said, what is wrong with 7 day campaigns? After all you did say if you wanted to switch ever few days for what ever reason, I am sure you can still do it with 7 day campaigns. If I am wrong please correct me.

Because 7 day campaigns are dead. There is no one on there on EU.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont care what you want, for all I care you can keep zerging keeps with 400 people, we just want to pvp with a group if 5-10 ppl max.
    Not for farming not for the campaign just for open world pvp.

Likewise I don't care what you want either.
    You were given a whole other mode to play small scale in.
    Good news we have faction lock back finally.
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    vinay you waste your time on the forums..these guys here clearly do nothing else but zerg surf all day long..they don't understand how it is to play in a small group and not finding fights or switching to fight for the underdog. it's a shame that zos listens to faction roleplayers..

Yea I dont even know why I'm posting here anymore, it seems either all or almost all the decent pvp playerbase has dissapeared. No offense to anyone, it's just a different mindset.
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction lock came back because of all these people who mindlessly piling in Vivec and broking it. PvPers brought this on themselves.
This discussion has been closed.