Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

remove faction lock, i didnt pay money for a game where you get told what side to play for 30 days.

VinayExile
VinayExile
✭✭✭✭
when i log in, i look what faction has the most people, and not to play on the winning side gives me alot more action.
this also goes for the group i play with.
I didnt start this game or pay money to be told to play the same thing for 30 days without any chance to change.

I want to pvp whenever i want, where i want, and not be limited to for example EP if they have the upper hand and there is nothing to do on that faction at that time.
Then i want to relog to another faction, and pvp on that to be able to play on a map that is totally red.

A simple solution would be to be able to play the campaign, but not to be able to get any ranked points.
Just normal ap, without being on the ranked list.

Edited by VinayExile on May 26, 2019 4:10PM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't home any campaign?
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Don't home any campaign?

does this acutally work?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VinayExile wrote: »
    when i log in, i look what faction has the most people, and not to play on the winning side gives me alot more action.
    I didnt start this game or pay money to be told to play the same thing for 30 days without any chance to change.

I want to pvp whenever i want, where i want, and not be limited to for example EP if they have the upper hand and there is nothing to do on that faction at that time.
    Then i want to relog to another faction, and pvp on that to be able to play on a map that is totally red.

Shame the guys abusing faction swapping ruined it for you. They are the ones that need calling out.
    Also, .... Shor.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Van_Winkle
    Van_Winkle
    ✭✭✭✭

This is faction-pvp game, not free-pvp. If you do not like this - go play some asian MMO. For my opinion returning of faction lock was a great idea.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it dont locked campaign are locked regardless of Home or not.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Van_Winkle wrote: »

This is faction-pvp game, not free-pvp. If you do not like this - go play some asian MMO. For my opinion returning of faction lock was a great idea.

so the whole game is one tamriel, where you do dungeons and *** with anyone you want.
    but now all of the sudden, they think hey, lets just make every alliance seperate again?

just no, we should be able to play where you want whenever you want.
    its fine if you can only get emp on 1 faction, or only get scoring on 1, but i play the game for pvp, not points.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You paid money for a game in which there is an alliance war and you pick a faction when you play.

If this happened Pre-One-Tamriel no one would bat an eye
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • rileynotzb14_ESO
    rileynotzb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol no ones telling you what side to play on. Stop whining.
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »
    You paid money for a game in which there is an alliance war and you pick a faction when you play.

There was no faction lock pre tamriel either
    Edited by VinayExile on May 26, 2019 4:04PM
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel ya, I love playing Vivec, but EP has a serious mega zerg problem, I used to run with my AD friends when EP goes full potato.....not anymore :| now it’s the mini game of beat AOTP to the resource before 30 roll in to take a damned farm...or 3 raids of them lagging everything everywhere when they could split the hoard and be more effective.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol no ones telling you what side to play on. Stop whining.

There is, if you enter on a DC character you can only play that side for 30 days.

So if the map is controller by DC and they have emp and all scrolls, and there is no EP or AD in the map then you're supposed to do what?

Cant switch anymore to still get some pvp?
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There wasn't. And I never said there was. Please read my post again

Factions did mean something until OT. Faction locking was something that should have been in the game from launch

One Tamriel in general was a mistake, except for the revamping of old sets (which could have easily been done without invalidating factions or the mess of scaling and broken story that exists now)
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭

There wasn't. And I never said there was. Please read my post again

Factions did mean something until OT. Faction locking was something that should have been in the game from launch

One Tamriel in general was a mistake, except for the revamping of old sets (which could have easily been done without invalidating factions or the mess of scaling and broken story that exists now)

why? because not everyone in a game plays for the same reason.
    i dont give a damn about pve, or roleplay on your faction, i just want pvp, i dont care if i kill ad or ep or dc.
    one tamriel was just that, to let everyone play the way the want to, this extended to item sets and skills even.
    play with your friend whenever wherever, why is this limited to pve only.

Edited by VinayExile on May 26, 2019 4:11PM
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah... I kinda agree. Why does it have to be 30 day lock? Why not just a 5 day lock or something, should stop the abusers... 30 days seems excessive.
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel ya, I love playing Vivec, but EP has a serious mega zerg problem, I used to run with my AD friends when EP goes full potato.....not anymore :| now it’s the mini game of beat AOTP to the resource before 30 roll in to take a damned farm...or 3 raids of them lagging everything everywhere when they could split the hoard and be more effective.

yea exactly this, before you would just switch to the non zerging faction, all you can do now is log off.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a good example why faction lock is needed.
    Right now on PS4 NA Vivec there are 2 days left in the campaign where AD is ahead.
    EP is in second place and want to make a push, but lo and behold a large number of EP have jumped over to AD to enjoy winning side rewards so there is not enough EP population to push.
    Edited by TequilaFire on May 26, 2019 4:17PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thing you didn't play at the beginning when the whole map was faction locked
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not saying faction lock should be removed. But why not get rid of 7-day entirely (who seriously prefers 7-day except for emp runs?) and have four 30-day campaigns (faction lock/no-faction lock and CP/no-CP). Diluting playerbase too much? Make it that way for a patch or two, let people select which campaigns they prefer, close the least populated one. At least this will be fair game for everyone.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now on PS4 NA Vivec there are 2 days left in the campaign where AD is ahead.
    EP is in second place and want to make a push, but lo and behold a large number of EP have jumped over to AD to enjoy winning side rewards so there is not enough EP population to push.

this ^
    well said.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to PVP why in the world would you pick EP as you home alliance? DC needs players that want to pvp. When I log in we are always fighting to try and keep our home keeps.

[ advertisement ]
    If you want to PvP JOIN DC in Kaal.. we are in need of great players. Bring your friends :) I foresee us losing many more campaigns.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

this ^
    well said.

Except faction locks will do nothing at all to stop the core issue they are having, which is one over populated faction that combines to night camp and zerg the map off NA Primetime hours, which, in the case of the PCNA maps is EP. The 30 day CP campaign is pretty much unplayable at night, but the 30 day no cp at least used to have some variability at night, but I am locked into DC for the duration, so hopefully that proves out to be the right decision even with the same trashcan in 1st place who gets x v 1'd on the regular when not emperor.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    I'm not saying faction lock should be removed. But why not get rid of 7-day entirely (who seriously prefers 7-day except for emp runs?) and have four 30-day campaigns (faction lock/no-faction lock and CP/no-CP)

This person gets it. Just have 4 - Faction lock/non faction lock. 30 days. Yes some will be dead, but that isn't anything new anyway.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gj zos, working as intended.
  • Hyperion616
    Hyperion616
    ✭✭✭
    So, being new to the game when you pick a faction (faction based game) when you pvp you champion the cause of said faction you picked right?

So, is the issue people are having because they can't switch up factions on a dime when their side is losing and hop onboard the win train on the faction that is dominating?

I haven't really experience a whole lot in this game, I've been pve'ing for achievement unlocks and what pvp I did do was from level 10-22 no cp and that was in bg's and it was pretty brutal.

Thanks
    I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.

~Edith Sitwell

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, being new to the game when you pick a faction (faction based game) when you pvp you champion the cause of said faction you picked right?

So, is the issue people are having because they can't switch up factions on a dime when their side is losing and hop onboard the win train on the faction that is dominating?

I haven't really experience a whole lot in this game, I've been pve'ing for achievement unlocks and what pvp I did do was from level 10-22 no cp and that was in bg's and it was pretty brutal.

Thanks

well said, good observation.
    what you said is exactly the problem.
    for too long many people have been abusing the system.
    they are all in a very large group that takes advantage of the system and is basically cheating.
    these new faction locks have stopped them from doing that and they are making hundreds of threads on the forums to try and have the decision reversed.
    i hope the developers stay with the decision regardless of the backlash.
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭

A simple solution would be to be able to play the campaign, but not to be able to get any ranked points.

I didn't pay to get stam nb nerfed. But *** happens. Adapt :smile:
    Edited by Nemeliom on May 26, 2019 5:02PM
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Shame the guys abusing faction swapping ruined it for you. They are the ones that need calling out.
    Also, .... Shor.

You’re such a zergling
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a feeling that by 'action' you mean wiping down large mass of players that has no idea how PVP works.
    Now do the math for yourself, one hundred newb players get only frustrations being merciless wiped down while a group of 4 players is having a continuous fun.
    And all your are winning now is that you want your group to have 24/7 fun in decrement of over thousands players you wipe during your fun process.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

Thanks

well said, good observation.
    what you said is exactly the problem.
    for too long many people have been abusing the system.
    they are all in a very large group that takes advantage of the system and is basically cheating.
    these new faction locks have stopped them from doing that and they are making hundreds of threads on the forums to try and have the decision reversed.
    i hope the developers stay with the decision regardless of the backlash.

But there isn't anything to win. The rewards are basically trash outside of the transmute stones. And unless you are playing the same toon for the entirety of the campaign, you aren't making the leaderboards in a spot to win good rewards. People keep saying players swap to win. But winning is meaningless. And you can get to tier 1 rewards in under an hour to get the 50 transmutes. Tier 3 isn't necessary or worthwhile. Especially if you are only on 1 or 2 toons in the faction.
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should just remove pvp scoring if you switch.
This discussion has been closed.