The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild Finder: Housing Guilds are getting shafted in the finder ZOS.... Please help!

AyeshaBelladonna
AyeshaBelladonna
✭✭✭✭✭
We have Guild Finder now. YAY! We have needed this feature for ages now. Housing guilds though, are getting the short end of the stick. I get that some are also Crafting Guilds. Yes, Housing is a subset of Crafting..... But this is becoming maddening to the point of useless when we can't even select Housing as a Secondary purpose to our guild in the advert. Some of us really are _just_ for Housing. Our raffles are all housing based prizes. Our contests and guild events are all housing related with housing related prizes. Our guild parties are all housing based.... We do NOT need to be filling up our rosters and our time with folks that aren't coming to us for Housing.....we have no interest in collecting all the attainable stations or having a regular trader and the constant rotation of new folks in and out or taking time to answer a dozen people every time we turn around because they are looking for regular crafting guilds is maddening. Listing Housing under just Activities is NOT good enough. Folks aren't even reading the Guild Descriptions apparently as ours is quite clear what we are for, yet it isn't deterring folks from trying to join the wrong guild and then acting like it's our fault because we are listed as a Crafting Guild. They don't seem to understand this isn't our fault that the category isn't more clear. @ZOS_GinaBruno PLEASE pass this up the chain- We need to be added to the Secondary guild purpose options. At least then maybe folks will realize that we are a separate type of guild. Your Guild Finder tool was supposed to make recruitment easier, more efficient, and save us time and effort while clearing up the constant zone chat spam..... Housing Guilds ARE a thing.... please don't forget about our needs too!
Edited by AyeshaBelladonna on May 25, 2019 6:41AM
NA EP CP1200+
Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put it under social

P.S we need fashion activity too
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cough also battlegrounds and arenas
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Put it under social

our Primary focus ISN'T Social though. It's housing. We ARE crafting, we do concentrate on farming prints and trading them to fill out our crafters, exchanging materials and sharing harvesting locations, achievement hunting for housing furnishing unlocks, etc.... If we list under social we're then getting even MORE of the wrong type of player....we are not disagreeing that we belong as a subset of crafting....our issue is that Housing has become a LARGE part of the game since it's launch and should be properly represented as a Secondary purpose. not an "Activity" that is obviously being largely overlook
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
  • littlefireball
    littlefireball
    Soul Shriven
    Housing definitely needs to be recognized under crafting and should be easily locatable and have a distinct category. I know over 1200+ HOUSING plans ( I stopped counting after that ) I love helping to craft other players housing items. I do not craft gear for other players even though I am a master crafter. They are completely different categories.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that a housing guild is not the same as a crafting guild.
    I was surprised to see that there wasn't a housing category listed as primary.

I belong to two housing guilds and their focus is decorating homes and acquiring furniture plans.
    All the guild events are centered around housing and our guild banks are full of furniture plans.
    A lot of guild chat is focused around housing as well.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Put it under social

our Primary focus ISN'T Social though. It's housing. We ARE crafting, we do concentrate on farming prints and trading them to fill out our crafters, exchanging materials and sharing harvesting locations, achievement hunting for housing furnishing unlocks, etc.... If we list under social we're then getting even MORE of the wrong type of player....we are not disagreeing that we belong as a subset of crafting....our issue is that Housing has become a LARGE part of the game since it's launch and should be properly represented as a Secondary purpose. not an "Activity" that is obviously being largely overlook

See it depends how you look at it. Housing seems like a subset of social interaction. I don't deny sections should of been better. We got time before official launch so take my support while I toss in would like to have arenas and battlegrounds listed.
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    I agree that a housing guild is not the same as a crafting guild.
    I was surprised to see that there wasn't a housing category listed as primary.

Agreed! I belong to two housing guilds and their focus is decorating homes and acquiring furniture plans.
    All the guild events are centered around housing and our guild banks are full of furniture plans.
    A lot of guild chat is focused around housing as well.

Yup! And it's not just the pc folks either, im in a guild that is a branch of a FB collaboration group that is just housing and covers all 6 servers! Housing is not some tiny little hobby guilds dabble in, we deserve proper recognition in the guild finder.
    NA EP CP1200+

• AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing definitely needs to be recognized under crafting and should be easily locatable and have a distinct category. I know over 1200+ HOUSING plans ( I stopped counting after that ) I love helping to craft other players housing items. I do not craft gear for other players even though I am a master crafter. They are completely different categories.

Same! We have Master crafters too, and they don't give a hoot about gear or attainable stations or anything else. I know of at least a doz other guilds that feel the ay we do and thats just the ones i know about. Its crazy we got tossed into what feels like the afterthought category.
    NA EP CP1200+

• Razberry9876
    Razberry9876
    ✭✭
    Housing definitely needs it's own subset under crafting! My housing guild (Grand Designs - on NA Xb1) has 2 nearly full guilds & is a part of a huge community with 1 singular focus: All things HOUSING! I have my social guild, my pvp guild, my dungeons/trials guild, my personal guild (for the bank), & my housing guild. You guys allowed us to bring our love of housing into this game, now you must deal with us & recognize the monster you created. 😝
  • Freddycruz89
    Freddycruz89
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely need Housing category as a main. I have not experienced the new feature yet as I am on PS4, but I figured it would be one of the main categories. A lot of things happen begind the category of Housing; roleplaying, crafting, guild gatherings, etc. But getting a house ready for all these things is step 1.
    Octavius Maximus, Founder of The Maester' Order
    PS4 NA. Role Player. Housing Fanatic. Part Time Achievement Hunter.
    | Princely Dawnlight Palace |
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We have Guild Finder now. YAY! We have needed this feature for ages now. Housing guilds though, are getting the short end of the stick. I get that some are also Crafting Guilds. Yes, Housing is a subset of Crafting.....

THIS.

I would want a housing guild, NOT a crafting guild.

PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely need Housing category as a main. I have not experienced the new feature yet as I am on PS4, but I figured it would be one of the main categories. A lot of things happen begind the category of Housing; roleplaying, crafting, guild gatherings, etc. But getting a house ready for all these things is step 1.

It was quite the shock to see something so major nerfed to "activity" rather than be a full Category, thats for sure. I am hoping we can get enough traction on this post to get some actual attn from @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_KaiSchober , @ZOS_BillE , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , or @ZOS_GaryA ...... We really need this fixed. If we could list as Housing Guild as a Primary or at LEAST Secondary selection we could save ourselves SO much time in the vetting process for new members!

NA EP CP1200+

• lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing needs to be listed as a primary, separate category. The xbox/NA Housing community is just now finding out about this. We are reaching out to all the other housing guilds across all platforms, so we can make a unified front to zos. We are one of the strongest self formed ESO communities out there, we are just not as present on the forums as we are on our own Band and Facebook pages. We will be making a formal complaint here on the forums and joining the cause here shortly. So please stand by. ;)

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention!
    Lasertooth
    GM of Grand Designs and Grand Designs Too
    Lasertooth
    GM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity
    Xbox/NA
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    This is a bit of a concern! Housing really needs to be its own category. To describe it as crafting is hugely misleading. If people join a crafting guild it would be fair to expect the purpose to be crafting. Housing doesn’t have to be crafting. People like collecting houses. People might furnish them with crown packs or furniture from guild stores or other merchants.

Yes there will be a big cross over but the important difference is that it’s not focused on crafting. Should be a separate category.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Housing should definitely be its own category in the Guild Finder. I was surprised to see it wasnt.

It's not the same as crafting.
  • elvenforestub17_ESO
    I'm a Guild Lead of 2 Housing guilds - each with 500 members - one on PS4 NA and one on PS4 EU.
    Housing is not a "secondary" focus - it's the Primary focus of many guilds. -Literally Everything- we do is housing related.

We aren't social, trade, or crafting guilds. We're Housing guilds that have some social, trade, and crafting aspects.
    This has been "a thing" since Homestead released, we're just as viable as trade, pvp, pve, and social guilds.
    Every megaserver has multiple housing guilds, and we should be recognized - the community is HUGE.
    We're likely the largest purchase source of crowns also, considering housing and crown furniture costs and the frequency we buy (and promote) them.

- Nephrendil
    GM of Better Homes and Gardens (PS4 NA&EU)
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. We are absolutely large enough to be considered far more than "activities"
    NA EP CP1200+

• Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trial guilds don't have their own category. I was already surprised they added housing as an additional activity. I mean, they probably wanted to keep the list short...
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »
    Trial guilds don't have their own category. I was already surprised they added housing as an additional activity. I mean, they probably wanted to keep the list short...

Trials are listed as an activity too rn and there IS a listing for _Group_ PVE. that combination makes it very clear, no reading comprehension required. Crafting on the other hand implies a MUCH wider range of things and adding Housing as an activity to that seems an awful lot like an after thought. Plus it's being largely overlooked so far, as folks are looking up guilds. At least with the very Clear listing of Group PvE starting the Trials guilds off you are likely only having folks expecting additionally to also do regular dungeons/pledges. Crafting Guilds vs Housing guilds are generally very different in both what they offer and what they are doing. Someone joins a Group PvE guild with a Trials activity is pretty much going to get what they expect. Crafters looking for a crafting guild that sees housing as an activity , so far at least, seems to be expecting it to be a Crafting guild that may dabble in some housing.... not a housing dedicated guild.

If nothing else, the amount of sheer cash we housing fanatics have spent on the game should tell ZOS this is not an "occasional Activity" part of the game.
    NA EP CP1200+

• AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And arguably, Roleplaying is really just a Social Guild that rp's as an activity. Yet they got their own slot rather than being an Activity under Social. So if RP is a specific enough different kind of social guild.... it seems folly zos hasn't recognized Housing as different enough from just Crafting to get it's own.
    NA EP CP1200+

• Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »

Trials are listed as an activity too rn and there IS a listing for _Group_ PVE. that combination makes it very clear, no reading comprehension required. Crafting on the other hand implies a MUCH wider range of things and adding Housing as an activity to that seems an awful lot like an after thought. Plus it's being largely overlooked so far, as folks are looking up guilds. At least with the very Clear listing of Group PvE starting the Trials guilds off you are likely only having folks expecting additionally to also do regular dungeons/pledges. Crafting Guilds vs Housing guilds are generally very different in both what they offer and what they are doing. Someone joins a Group PvE guild with a Trials activity is pretty much going to get what they expect. Crafters looking for a crafting guild that sees housing as an activity , so far at least, seems to be expecting it to be a Crafting guild that may dabble in some housing.... not a housing dedicated guild.

If nothing else, the amount of sheer cash we housing fanatics have spent on the game should tell ZOS this is not an "occasional Activity" part of the game.

So the problem is people's expectations? You have a guild "headline" for that. People specifically looking for trial guilds have to look for pve guilds with trial as an additional activity. They can't filter for trials. I don't say the housing community doesn't deserve its own category, but I think people interested in housing know what they are looking for. Same way people looking for trial guilds can find one even without a Trial main category.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trials guilds are listed under GROUP PvE though. How many forms of dedicated GROUP pve is there? Dungeons, Trials, and Fishing. Thats basically it. When someone is looking for Group PvE 9 out of 10 times they are looking for Dungeons and Trials. ITs a high expectation when they think Guilds dedicated to Group play for PvE. The problem ISN'T people looking for housing being unable to find us. You don't seem to be understanding.... OUR issue is all the extra BS we are already having to wade through because folks looking for Crafting guilds and NOT Housing guilds can't seem to read. Applications reserve a slot on your Roster the way ZOS has this set up right now. So when we are waking up on a Saturday morning and are spending a couple hours sending out correspondence to folks trying to weed out the housing vs crafting folks or risk missing out completely on recruiting housing people it gets VERY frustrating VERY quickly. I seriously doubt Trials guilds are having this particular issue on this kind of scale in the Group PvE. Role-play got separated, im sure, from social simply because although it IS a social guild (their whole premise is built on being Social with one another) it is so different from what just a Social guild is like it has it's own category. Housing is to Crafting what RP is to Social. While Trials ARE, in fact, searchable as an activity in the guild finder like Housing is, they have the advantage of already being pretty much what everyone thinks about right away when they look at the Group PvE category. Pleadges and Dungeons are generally 1st to mind. Crafting label carries far different connotations and is only going to be what Housing guilds are in the absolute loosest sense of the word. Of COURSE it's all about people's expectations. thats the whole point of even introducing the guild finder system. for folks to easily find Guilds that meet their needs. The current system, while yes it COULD be defining things like Trials Guilds BETTER, its almost completely misrepresenting Housing Guilds.
    NA EP CP1200+

• lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trials guilds are listed under GROUP PvE though. How many forms of dedicated GROUP pve is there? Dungeons, Trials, and Fishing. Thats basically it. When someone is looking for Group PvE 9 out of 10 times they are looking for Dungeons and Trials. ITs a high expectation when they think Guilds dedicated to Group play for PvE. The problem ISN'T people looking for housing being unable to find us. You don't seem to be understanding.... OUR issue is all the extra BS we are already having to wade through because folks looking for Crafting guilds and NOT Housing guilds can't seem to read. Applications reserve a slot on your Roster the way ZOS has this set up right now. So when we are waking up on a Saturday morning and are spending a couple hours sending out correspondence to folks trying to weed out the housing vs crafting folks or risk missing out completely on recruiting housing people it gets VERY frustrating VERY quickly. I seriously doubt Trials guilds are having this particular issue on this kind of scale in the Group PvE. Role-play got separated, im sure, from social simply because although it IS a social guild (their whole premise is built on being Social with one another) it is so different from what just a Social guild is like it has it's own category. Housing is to Crafting what RP is to Social. While Trials ARE, in fact, searchable as an activity in the guild finder like Housing is, they have the advantage of already being pretty much what everyone thinks about right away when they look at the Group PvE category. Pleadges and Dungeons are generally 1st to mind. Crafting label carries far different connotations and is only going to be what Housing guilds are in the absolute loosest sense of the word. Of COURSE it's all about people's expectations. thats the whole point of even introducing the guild finder system. for folks to easily find Guilds that meet their needs. The current system, while yes it COULD be defining things like Trials Guilds BETTER, its almost completely misrepresenting Housing Guilds.

As someone who does a lot of trials, I'm immediately going to assume any guild that does "Group PvE" and "Trials" is a trials guild, so I have to agree. I would NOT assume that yall are a housing guild based on "Crafting" as a primary with "Housing" being an activity. Ofc I'm going to read descriptions before applying for a guild so lul.
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As someone who does a lot of trials, I'm immediately going to assume any guild that does "Group PvE" and "Trials" is a trials guild, so I have to agree. I would NOT assume that yall are a housing guild based on "Crafting" as a primary with "Housing" being an activity. Ofc I'm going to read descriptions before applying for a guild so lul.

We appreciate your support in this! Hoping to get ZOS to pay a bit of attn while things are still in the "early release" stage

NA EP CP1200+

• mictrost
    mictrost
    The new finder is great, something we have needed especially on console for forever. I agree with the need for a housing subcategory, however.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I admit it - I'm the queen of conspiracy theories. So.... that leads me to wonder if ZOS went this direction on purpose....

Now, I've been waiting for this so I could scope out housing guilds. Then.... I couldn't figure out how to make them pop in the Guild Finder. So now I know.... not exactly "one click you're done", right? *SIGH*
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in one "Housing Guild" on NA called Divine Design. They're the makers of the Essential Housing Tools addon I believe...
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like oversight honestly... please fix next update...along with arena and battlegrounds option in activities!
  • elvenforestub17_ESO
    Now that consoles have had a few days to mess with this feature...

Please, please think about giving Housing guilds their own category. Almost every guild out there is checking off the "housing" box - which as an activity they do among other things is fine - but that does not come anywhere close to representing what a guild entirely devoted to homes/furniture/farming really does and it makes us almost impossible to find. I feel like the only way I can get us seen at all is to manually link - which in itself gets buried under all the link spam in zone chat