The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Steam uninstalled ESO a second time and now game won't launch

kirasdream
kirasdream
✭✭
So six days ago Steam uninstalled ESO unprompted; files were randomly missing, so to play it safe I uninstalled it fully and reinstalled it, and no issues until today. I played earlier today no problem, turned off the computer, and then turned it on several hours later to see that Steam uninstalled it *again*. So I reinstall it, and now the launcher won't launch from steam. Firewall is turned off and still nothing works, and I'm getting really frustrated at all this BS happening continuously. Any suggestions?
  • kirasdream
    kirasdream
    ✭✭
    Moreover, to make this more complicated. I am able to reach the launcher via folders (that are tied to steam) but when I go to play the game it says that the game has to be launched through steam, but it won't even take me to the launcher when I press the steam button to play it.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We have posted some troubleshooting in the thread below that may help get ESO to launch through Steam again.

My game is not launching
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    We have posted some troubleshooting in the thread below that may help get ESO to launch through Steam again.

My game is not launching

I dont know. Whatever tried not working. I have 200 GB SSD complete free space. Its broken.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 27, 2019 1:48PM
  • kirasdream
    kirasdream
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »

My game is not launching

I dont know. Whatever tried not working. I have 200 GB SSD complete free space. Its broken.

Through trial and error I found this to be a solution (at least for a week).
    If you uninstall and reinstall it and launch it through steam and it doesn't, find the folder where ESO is located in (typically [whatever drive]/steamgames/steamapps/common/Zenimax Online/Launcher, and locate the Bethesda.net_Launcher EXE. Make sure it is not being run as the administrator, and if it is, undo it. Whatever online protection you have (like Webroot), add Bethesda Launcher EXE and ESO exceptions to it. Not sure if that will solve your issue, but it seems to have worked for mine. Best of luck!