The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is this a prank?

Ildun
Ildun
✭✭✭✭
Saw a chest somewhere in The Stiches, i try to drop from higher ground but I fall to the bottom :smiley:

Is there really a way to reach it?

a4FPY3D.jpg
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try streaking across
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try streaking across

I can't, it is a bit higher than the ground I stand
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where about is this, I can jump on and try and have a go
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭

After you came out from Goiter's Gulp storeroom...i think.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ildun wrote: »

After you came out from Goiter's Gulp storeroom...i think.

Damn, I don't have Elsweyr :(
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hm, looking at your Ping, i know that from Cyrodiil, maybe there is a platform or stairs that just didnt spawn yet?, The chest looks like standing in/on something
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Darth_Trumpious
    Darth_Trumpious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please repair your armor
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skyrim horse time!!!!
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hm, looking at your Ping, i know that from Cyrodiil, maybe there is a platform or stairs that just didnt spawn yet?, The chest looks like standing in/on something

You means I should just perform leap of faith like Indiana Jones?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is part of a quest.
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    It is part of a quest.

Quest? I did all quests around The Stiches( i think ) but none of them relate to that chest
  • darkstar2084
    darkstar2084
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is Dragon trickery one put it there for it's amusement, to see how many greedy khajiits would fall to their deaths.
    Edited by darkstar2084 on May 22, 2019 6:28AM
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Challenge someone to a duel and have them DBoS you to it.

Actually, the chest contains "armor of the bunnyhopper", which congratulates you on being able to reach it, then instabans you.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ildun wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    It is part of a quest.

Quest? I did all quests around The Stiches( i think ) but none of them relate to that chest

The quest does not originate at Stiches, but ends in that area. I have done the quest and know that exact spot. Below includes descriptions that if you have done the quest you will remember something about it, but it also contains spoilers if you have not done the quest. It originates in the main city.
    If you end up doing all the quests in the new zone there will be one where a Kahjiit falls to his death trying to reach that chest. It starts in the main city with a Breton that jumps out of a building as you pass by and a Kahjiit threatens you afer you finish talking to the Kahjiit. Off hand I cannot remember the name of the quest but you do go to multiple points in the zone including a delve.

Edit: and that Kahjiit will stand exactly where you are when he tries and fails to make the jump. The Breton will act like they think they can make the jump, gets all delusional.
    Edited by idk on May 22, 2019 7:12AM
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have a little time while I wait for friends to log on, I managed to get close enough to touch it but there seems to be an invisible wall preventing you from reaching the ledge.

Steps: (I did this on my sorc)
    1. Jump:
    OxLXPcZ.jpg

Or

eRcsAqf.jpg

2. Streak:
    2aGDJfY.jpg

4. Block Jump then turn and block walk along plank:
    rrN70n2.jpg

4. Streak into invis wall and fall to your death:
    KxhloeU.jpg

As far as said wall will let me get close to the cliff: