The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How's the food change going?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Haven't had time to test it with all things going on.

How's the lost of health? Is it noticable?

How's extra regain? Does it make you consider different food?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think it caused a Bug
    i lost my stamina regen and stamina cost per skill and weapon skill use increased double.
    i am absolutely sure it was not inteneded and its a Bug.

2 threads about it so far
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6072492#Comment_6072492

and this one
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6072540#Comment_6072540

Edited by Gilvoth on May 22, 2019 1:17AM
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

If you can sustain not using Regen food, then Double Bloody Mara is the go to Magicka Food!
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »

If you can sustain not using Regen food, then Double Bloody Mara is the go to Magicka Food!

Yep. Ive made the switch.
  • Soundinfinite
    Soundinfinite
    ✭✭✭
    I feel this change has more to do with Racial Passives than anything.

1) It has made Sustain Races on average a better option versus damage Races
    2) On Magicka Damage Races namely (Altmer/Dunmer) ,which have no built in sustain, will likely want to run False God's Devotion to get the sustain of their counterparts while retaining their built in damage...this draws the races even closer as Races with built in sustain (Breton, Argonian, and Khajiit) can still build for straight Damage and power allowing their racial passives to pick up the slack (Khajjit is in some middle ground here as their sustain isn't as strong as the other two)
    3) Stamina is harder hit by this change. While Magicka can switch to Bloody Mara (Which when it comes to diversity they have done really nothing as they claimed was the reason for the change) Bloody Mara will now be the go to Magicka food as Potent Brew was. Stamina doesn't have an equivalent. However there are 7 Stamina races and only 3 of them do not have built in health now (Bosmer, Dunmer, Reguard). Thus Lava stomp will be the food of choice giving JUST max stam and stam regin while the racial passives of health with maybe one health glyph will be used by the other races to hit that 17k desired Max Health. Dunmer is simply stuck with the lower Dubious or Arteum Broth (Which is now a better choice but still expensive as hell) because they don't have health or regen and thus need a food that will give all 3. Bosmer and Reguard have regen, and will be stuck with a bi-stat blue food that gives max stat and health or taking a hit and using Arteum Broth as well.
    4) PVP will have more diversity with builds utilizing Bloody Mara, Lava Stomp, Dubious, Tri-Stat, Bi-Stat blue, and Spring Loaded Infusion depending on build and need.
    5) Potent Brew is really honestly dead in the water now on Magicka in both PVE and PVP. Clockwork Citrus can still be used to an extend in PVE if you just have too, but is a weaker choice the Bloody Mara.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is remarkable but still ok, my focus is on sustain anyway. I now have alternatives, but did not try them.
    Edited by mague on May 22, 2019 12:41PM
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm actually curious what stamina khajiits are supposed to do. Stamina doesn't have gold bi-stat food that would be the counterpart of Bloody Mara. The meager sustain is by far not enough to drop regen food in favor of bi-stat, so if a spec didn't have sustain issues before the food change, then it's a plain nerf, because there's no way for khajiits to convert the class regen passive into better stats. Health bonus is also not high enough to run Dubious now and stay above 16k, so at least a small piece should be health-enchanted (and I don't think one big piece in health would be enough to run Lava) - so again, plain nerf for the race.

On magicka, again, it will likely push Breton even further ahead (like the race needed any buffs), because Breton can run bi-stat and will simply benefit from Bloody Mara even more, while all races without regen will have to make further sacrifices.

As always, ZOS demonstrates the lack of any idea of how to balance the game. And worse yet, this time reps support that change.
    Edited by John_Falstaff on May 22, 2019 12:57PM
  • xpixelatedtkox
    xpixelatedtkox
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to check while in-game yesterday. From my understanding, they've decreased the max stats portion of Dubious and increased stamina recovery? Is that correct?

If it did only decrease health, I suppose modifying a piece for health could suffice. I have a Khajiit Stamblade, and when I saw that Dubious was nerfed, it was disheartening.
    PC - NA
    Guild: Vanquish
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I forgot to check while in-game yesterday. From my understanding, they've decreased the max stats portion of Dubious and increased stamina recovery? Is that correct?

If it did only decrease health, I suppose modifying a piece for health could suffice. I have a Khajiit Stamblade, and when I saw that Dubious was nerfed, it was disheartening.

Yes, that's it (though some report inconsistencies between food regen tooltip and character sheet value too). But according to patch notes, only max stats are nerfed. On khajiit stamblade without anything in health and with DCT, will be sitting around 15.8k health on front bar and 15.5k health back bar with typical pre-Elsweyr bar layout. Health enchantment on a small piece might suffice, though on back bar you still may not be reaching 16k health.

Point in case, orcs have been nerfed, but their health bonus will allow them not to be hit as hard. Redguards/bosmers have been buffed in relation - simply because bi-stat food wasn't nerfed and they can run it. And khajiits got pushed even further down from their already not stellar ranking, because they still can't afford bi-stat food, have even less health bonus than orc to compensate for with enchants, and, unless they're verging on being unsustainable (which stamblades aren't), have no way of converting their extra 85 regen into any advantage.
  • IonicKai
    IonicKai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would have adjusted the orc instead of changing food. Really the orc is too stat dense and it was called back when they made the second pass on the orc for WrathStone. They should just dial back the health and stam to like 1k each or 1250 each and revert the food change.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally I find the nerf to food annoying and totally unnecessary (if anything, they should be buffed). I mean, now you've taken your nerf-happy knife to food?!?

Here's the dev's comment:

"Previously, these food buffs were a bit too stat dense in the areas that certain builds needed to focus on, which greatly reduced consumable options when comparing effectiveness."

Whatever.... :/
  • IonicKai
    IonicKai
    ✭✭✭✭
    So because a few builds were reliant on these "stat dense" foods they decided to Nerf it? I think they missed the mark on balance as this just drives the wedge in racial setups (that they literally just fixed) giving high biased to sustain races and everyone else be damned (except the orc which was the real issue).
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support this change in general. It doesn't unfairly favor sustain races because of the addition of the FGD set which can easily replace regen food to allow running mara on damage races and gaining a huge amount of DPS. Regen food is still useful it just isn't as dominant. Also, regen food is more expensive -.-
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • What_In_Tarnation
    What_In_Tarnation
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imo double bloody mara should get same treatment like spring-load infusion due to the same reason they're both drink and they can be used with bone pirate and bright-throat sets.

I know the "But it's gold drink, it should be stronger than purple/blue" argument will be here soon, but look at the crafting cost, the reason why Clockwork Citrus and Artaeum takeaway Broth are getting more regen buffed is because their crafting cost is way more expensive than usual.

Look at the double bloody mara recipe, it only require nirnroot + tomato + frost mirriam and daedra heart. Now look at my eyes and tell me all of 4 ingredients are hard to obtained in game than mother's pearl and perfect roe without lying. To be fair, this drink should classified as purple or even blue quality drink and its value should be equal or slightly lower than normal blue food ones.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo double bloody mara should get same treatment like spring-load infusion due to the same reason they're both drink and they can be used with bone pirate and bright-throat sets.

I know the "But it's gold drink, it should be stronger than purple/blue" argument will be here soon, but look at the crafting cost, the reason why Clockwork Citrus and Artaeum takeaway Broth are getting more regen buffed is because their crafting cost is way more expensive than usual.

Look at the double bloody mara recipe, it only require nirnroot + tomato + frost mirriam and daedra heart. Now look at my eyes and tell me all of 4 ingredients are hard to obtained in game than mother's pearl and perfect roe without lying. To be fair, this drink should classified as purple or even blue quality drink and its value should be equal or slightly lower than normal blue food ones.

Technically if the trend continues the cost will rise as frost mirriam is only obtainable rarely from hireling.
  • What_In_Tarnation
    What_In_Tarnation
    ✭✭✭✭

Technically if the trend continues the cost will rise as frost mirriam is only obtainable rarely from hireling.

You can get frost mirriam easily via provisioning crafting writ without any effort involved. Unlike perfect roe and mother of pearl.

C'mon zenimax, I give you an free idea to nerf something again and it's more reasonable nerf than yours in the past few months/years.
    qfFzR7a.jpg
    Edited by What_In_Tarnation on May 23, 2019 6:15AM
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thx lord I already have 1k hahaha 😆
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually curious what stamina khajiits are supposed to do. Stamina doesn't have gold bi-stat food that would be the counterpart of Bloody Mara. The meager sustain is by far not enough to drop regen food in favor of bi-stat, so if a spec didn't have sustain issues before the food change, then it's a plain nerf, because there's no way for khajiits to convert the class regen passive into better stats. Health bonus is also not high enough to run Dubious now and stay above 16k, so at least a small piece should be health-enchanted (and I don't think one big piece in health would be enough to run Lava) - so again, plain nerf for the race.

On magicka, again, it will likely push Breton even further ahead (like the race needed any buffs), because Breton can run bi-stat and will simply benefit from Bloody Mara even more, while all races without regen will have to make further sacrifices.

As always, ZOS demonstrates the lack of any idea of how to balance the game. And worse yet, this time reps support that change.

Yes I want new reps. I play 10 different characters and these people have yet to have anything done that I have wanted.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Food changes are whack dude don't worry about it.

- post made by healer Orzaga's red Frothgar gang
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Think it was meant as a nerf to bright throat and bone pirate? I’m not sure, but in pvp the loss of health is noticeable if you try to run Witchmother’s.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Think it was meant as a nerf to bright throat and bone pirate? I’m not sure, but in pvp the loss of health is noticeable if you try to run Witchmother’s.

@Iskiab Bright Throat is better than ever, combined with Bloody Mara now. Unfortunately there’s no stam equivalent to make Bone Pirate work.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didnt have problem with sustain on my redblade stam, didnt have any regen enchant on my gear, did 33k dps on a 6mil dummy.

Guess food wasnt hit that bad.
  • IonicKai
    IonicKai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    Personally I find the nerf to food annoying and totally unnecessary (if anything, they should be buffed). I mean, now you've taken your nerf-happy knife to food?!?

Here's the dev's comment:

"Previously, these food buffs were a bit too stat dense in the areas that certain builds needed to focus on, which greatly reduced consumable options when comparing effectiveness."

Whatever.... :/

@ZOS_GinaBruno

I really want to understand how these foods were too stat dense in the devs eyes. My calculations are below and make an assumption that health recovery is of equal value to primary stat recovery (its not but for sake of argument). The basic formula that I followed was (food stat)/ (equivalent set bonus/ enchant value). In either case blue food was actually stronger than purple recovery food and only weaker than gold recovery food due to treating the health recovery as equal (again it's really not).

Apologies for the poor formatting but bbcode table was not working correctly.

I am on console so I haven't seen the reduction yet but I would rather it not make it to console.

Calculations

Apologies for poor formatting but bbcode table doesn't work correctly

EnchantValues: Health | PrimaryStat | RecoveryJewelry | DamageJewelry
    954 | 868 | 169 | 174

ItemSetValues: Health | PrimaryStat | Recovery | Damage
    1206 | 1096 | 129 | 129

Foods SetBonusEquivalent | EnchantBonusEquivalent
    GreenHealthFood: 5.48 | 6.93
    GreenPrimaryStatFood: 5.52 | 6.97
    BlueFood: 8.98 | 11.34
    PurpleRecoveryFood 8.30 | 9.25
    GoldRecoveryFood: 11.44 | 11.85

Enchant Values
    Health
    Primary Stat
    Recovery Jewelry
    Damage Jewelry

Item Set Values
    Health
    Primary Stat
    Recovery
    Damage

Food
    Health
    Primary Stat
    Health Recovery
    Primary Stat Recovery
    Set Bonus Equivalent
    Enchant Bonus Equivalent

Green Health Food

Green Primary Stat Food

Blue Food

Purple Recovery Food

Gold Food

Edited by IonicKai on May 24, 2019 3:38AM
  • What_In_Tarnation
    What_In_Tarnation
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aside from the food/drink changes, I think we can talk about potion changes, especially crown potions.

With all medicinal use passives, I've noticed crown potions provide longer major buffs duration than crafted durations before you can use cp150 water (lorkhan's tear)
    wYRHNqp.png
    I2Tkfy6.png

This is my lv 42 character (all medicinal use passive), as you can see both potions restore same value but the major buffs are quite different. I haven't check other major buff effects from other crown potions yet. But I believe crown potion have better advantage when you still can't use cp 150 potions yet.
    Edited by What_In_Tarnation on May 24, 2019 4:32AM