The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Whirling Blade vs Reverse slice - Still favors Whirling Blade heavily

technohic
technohic
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So I was curious and looked at the tool tip on the same character on the same weapon bar and I noticed that at the max execute range, these abilities do the same max damage, yet Whirling blades does a higher minimum not accounting for passives.

Whirling blades is more expensive but then you account for Ruffian and it makes it 20% more damage.

Add in the reverse slice does splash damage of only a fraction and whirling blades does full execute damage with the greater minimum damage to the targets around. Which you can argue situationally, there will be major evasion up but then we can also say Slaugher takes up 20% of that, plus we need to account for dual wield having slightly more built in damage natively. You could also then argue situationally also being minor evasion (only one source of that I know of) but then I would also suggest Ruffian well outpaces that and is much more likely.

Then; even post nerf/swap of execute ability and spammable to where the execute is on a shorter range; it is still 6 meters while Reverse Slice is 5 and Whirling blades does not need the target to stay on your side of another enemy due to it being targetless.

Guess what I am saying is the patch has not changed anything. Whirling Blades is the choice execute in practicality and strength
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even compared to Executioner's 350% bonus rather than Slice's 300?

On paper it might look better.. but have you had any success running whirling blades? - As a Templar my expectation is for any 6m aoe to feel like doodoo after watching Crescent sweeps miss time after time.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steel tornado is still the better morph it has good base damage the range on the execute morph is so bad you will probably never hit anyone with it
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    Even compared to Executioner's 350% bonus rather than Slice's 300?

On paper it might look better.. but have you had any success running whirling blades? - As a Templar my expectation is for any 6m aoe to feel like doodoo after watching Crescent sweeps miss time after time.

More or less my thoughts--I'd rather have a targeted execute than a 6m AOE. Sounds like a great way to run out of stamina ballerina dancing to no effect. But I haven't really tried WBlades.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having to target in larger fights is a downfall when enemies run through each other. It's still 1 m greater reach than reverse slice.

Executioner I believe is 335% off memory rather than 350, and 0 splash damage/cleave is why I didn't compare.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Having to target in larger fights is a downfall when enemies run through each other. It's still 1 m greater reach than reverse slice.

Executioner I believe is 335% off memory rather than 350, and 0 splash damage/cleave is why I didn't compare.

The morph levels up to 350%