The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magic warden DD question

POMEH
POMEH
✭✭✭
Good day people. I am warden breton and have purple sets: iceheart 2\2, mother sorrow 5\5 and spell strategist 5\5. Mundus stone - Shadow. Iceheart I use now to stay alive when doing solo quests in Claudrest. Without any bonuses and food I have about 30k magic, 1900 spell damage and 58% crit chance. All CP points I used like in Alcasts guide. I want to ask why my spell damage is so small? And maybe I have to transmute arcane to infusion in all my jewelery to encrease DPS?

My DPS now is only 20k
https://ibb.co/QFNj0qd
Edited by POMEH on May 20, 2019 6:40AM
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will say what i know, as StamDen i'm doing pretty good, CP400+ with 50% Critical Chance, +/-3000 Weapon Damage, and 35K+ DPS on Boss, so StamDen are going pretty good (With a ****ing hard rotation)

But, and always a but... seeing the Forums daily, i can say MagDen are in a bad spot, as i don't play as one i will not try to go deep on that, it's just a warn, maybe someone with more knowledge can say more

Or you can go deep in here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/416460/class-rep-warden-feedback-thread#latest
    Edited by yRaven on May 20, 2019 7:25AM
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With gold weapons, purple jewelry, your spell damage should be around 2100. However raw spell damage isn't what's holding your dps back I imagine.I'm guessing it's more about your rotation. With a good tight rotation, you should hit much harder.

Keep practicing, making sure you weave your light attacks and keep your dots up. With more practice you will hit harder and harder, I'm sure.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s difficult to tell with your parse for sure as it seems to only be a 15 second encounter.

I’m not that experienced with mag warden but the main thing is activating deep fissure on cooldowns. This should be recast every second skill. On your parse you cast it once in 15 seconds. That skill along with light attacks are your biggest dps factors.

Other than that it’s basically casting dots on cooldown, fissure every 2nd skill and spammable when you have a break .

The rotation is quite dynamic and takes practise but with your set up I can do 45k on 6m dummy so the potential is definitely there and like I said I’m not that experienced on mag warden.

You can also maybe check out Stileanima and Asian God as they play warden quite a bit so maybe have a different take on than Alcasts?
  • POMEH
    POMEH
    ✭✭✭
    Parrot1986 wrote: »
    It’s difficult to tell with your parse for sure as it seems to only be a 15 second encounter.

I’m not that experienced with mag warden but the main thing is activating deep fissure on cooldowns. This should be recast every second skill. On your parse you cast it once in 15 seconds. That skill along with light attacks are your biggest dps factors.

Other than that it’s basically casting dots on cooldown, fissure every 2nd skill and spammable when you have a break .

The rotation is quite dynamic and takes practise but with your set up I can do 45k on 6m dummy so the potential is definitely there and like I said I’m not that experienced on mag warden.

You can also maybe check out Stileanima and Asian God as they play warden quite a bit so maybe have a different take on than Alcasts?

Yes, I want to do like Stileanima:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1RNIALuZhM&t
    Her spell damage is 3300 and my is only 2300 and her light attack much stronger than my.

I will try to change spell strategist to Julianos and will craft rings with infusion to encrease my spell damage. I hope it will help me to do at least 30k DPS
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodthirsty is better than Infused on jewelry for mag Warden. Do you have Spell Damage enchants on your jewelry and Infused Berserker on one of your staves (usually back bar where you cast wall of elements)? Also are you using Spell Power potions?
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodthirsty is better than Infused on jewelry for mag Warden. Do you have Spell Damage enchants on your jewelry and Infused Berserker on one of your staves (usually back bar where you cast wall of elements)? Also are you using Spell Power potions?

But Bloodthristy doesnt work on the Bear Ultimate which is the class execute.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• POMEH
    POMEH
    ✭✭✭

Yes, all jewelry are with spell damage. First I used that skill with Berserker (+8% damage) on my panel but now I set another skill (damage skill) cause there are too small slots for damage skills for me. I dont use spell power potions - its not so important in solo PVE, when I do quests in Tamriel.

Of course bloodthirsty is better when you have 3000+ damage spell but in my case its not good choise cause my spell damage is too small. I crafted Julianos set yersterday with infused jewelery and my spell damage with DPS encreased. So Julianos brings me more DPS than Spell Strategist. I will show screens here soon.
    Edited by POMEH on May 23, 2019 5:53AM
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bloodthirsty vs infused is so trial dependent, its situational which combo of both would be the best

To op, mag wardens arent in a great spot for dps
  • POMEH
    POMEH
    ✭✭✭
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    300k dummy is inconsistent and too small to actually check a parse bosses in dungeons sometimes have 10m health, which is 30 times more. Your light attack count is low(which means you need practice with weaving and using skills). You have the same enchantment on both bars (same enchantment shares cooldown) or you didnt light attack nor use wall of elements on back bar (wall of elements is great on back bar cause it procs enchantment even when u r on front bar. You should always use food, paying 50 gold per two hours for bloody mara for example literally makes a huge difference, especially since damage scales of max magicka. I wouldn't tell you the use expensive potions, but i would recommend getting used to using trash potions(mag only), especially since they are worthless. Especially since your mag regen is crap compared to how much you waste (long fights you will become useless half way if you don't get used to at least using the trash potions, and with practice abilities will go out more smoothly, therefore more abilities, therefore more magicka usage).

Not sure i covered everything, but thats my two cents.

PS: mag warden is maybe is comparably behind the best dps class, but it is around 5-6%~, which is not much
    Edited by zvavi on May 28, 2019 8:50PM
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magden may be behind others "only" 6% but it takes one of the hardest dynamic rotations to even get there.
  • POMEH
    POMEH
    ✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    Magden may be behind others "only" 6% but it takes one of the hardest dynamic rotations to even get there.

thats why my DPS is so small... btw I have ping 100. Maybe it is one else reason...