The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How will Steam update/Update required (?) for Elsweyr DLC (Advanced Access May 20th)?

Boethermsbrukan
Boethermsbrukan
Soul Shriven
Simply put, I'd like to know if possible what the Steam client update will be, size-wise. I've cleared off some space on my Steam library drive just in case it's bigger than I expect; I'm asking because this is the first core-DLC update (Elsweyr: Digital Collector's Upgrade) since I bought the Elder Scrolls Collection package (with the base game, Morrowind, Summerset core DLCs, Orsinium, Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild & Imperial City DLCs) last year, when Summerset was the newest part of TES: Online. Since I have the Elsweyr: Digital Collector's Upgrade, I don't know if it will be more 'content activation' or 'new data entirely', which I know depends entirely on the type of game and what the game itself is.

If anyone knows what kind of update (and how big, if applicable, said update will be) will be present (and even better, what time of day in EST to expect it on Monday in Steam) when Elsweyr kicks in on Monday the 20th, I'd very much appreciate it if you'd post me here about it. This one thanks you kindly in advance!
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will be the same size as mentioned in patch notes. The patch downloads via launcher and not steam. Only difference would be, you will need to run ESO atleat for the first time via steam to activate it.

Important: Being your first expansion, Do Not or Never make plans (take a day-off, staying up late night etc.) to play on patch day. Just don't.

PTS patch size is about 7.5 GB. Maintainence is between 8:00 to 14:00 UTC
    Edited by Deep_01 on May 19, 2019 6:15AM
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • Boethermsbrukan
    Boethermsbrukan
    Soul Shriven
    Deep_01 wrote: »
    It will be the same size as mentioned in patch notes. The patch downloads via launcher and not steam. Only difference would be, you will need to run ESO atleat for the first time via steam to activate it.

Ah! I suspected it would be along those lines; Steam is mostly a frontend, with the actual Bethesda T:ESO launcher where the data downing gets done, per the standard non-Steam windows installing process. Thank you for posting as briskly as this; I apologize for not checking under the subforum relating to patches, as I didn't know how Steam's method would work (assuming it was directly involved).
    Important: Being your first expansion, Do Not or Never make plans (take a day-off, staying up late night etc.) to play on patch day. Just don't.

I'm planning on 'peeking', but I understand that a great number of other residents of Tamriel will be doing mostly the same thing I will. :wink: I didn't realize it until I got the day straight in my head, but Monday (the 20th) is also a National Commonwealth Holiday (Victoria Day) here in Canada, so I'll at least have some room to breathe as to when I take said peek during the day.
    PTS patch size is about 7.5 GB. Maintainence is between 8:00 to 14:00 UTC

That's definitely the data variety I was looking for, along with your posting about Steam vs. Bethesda T:ESO Launcher updating. I'm UTC -5 (Eastern Standard Time), so I can definitely work with that. I really appreciate both your posting and the speedy response, chum; again, thank you very much for the assist! Mum-Mum, the Goutfang Kersmasher, thanks you as well!m9lzna5vqymw.jpg