The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can the experts help me with my build

danbottomburp
danbottomburp
Soul Shriven
So i have been aimlessly adding skill points and attributes but now realise this probably wasn't the best option, i,m enjoying the game a lot and don't feel under powered even though i am mainly using the skills on my 1st bar and hardly ever switch which i will start to do more often
As you have probably guessed by now i am very new to this game, i have uploaded my characters data to ESO database and provided the link below :)
Please give me some feedback on what i should correct and hopefully not tell me i should reset the character :D

I haven't even started with crafting of any kind yet, iv'e just been really enjoying going around completing stuff

https://www.eso-database.com/en/character/robertplant/16968590/skill-lines/

Thanks for taking the time to read and i appreciate any replies and advice

Dan
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, an Orc Dragonknight? Sounds fun!

Honestly, if you don't feel underpowered and you are having fun, that's awesome. You probably don't need to change much unless you want to.

I won't claim to be an expert. This is more for a basic approach if you do want to change. For general PVE content, ESO is set up so that you'll benefit if you stack your attributes and builds towards either Stamina OR Magicka. Your weapons, light attacks, and stamina skills will do more damage the more stamina you have. Your staffs, light attacks, and magicka skills will do more damage the more magicka you have.

If magicka, put most of your attributes in magicka, use destro staff, light armor, and skills that cost magicka. Wall of Elements is your best damage over time skill. As a DK, I love Burning Embers morph of Searing Strike because it does damage AND heals you.

If stamina, put most of your attributes in stamina, use bow and/or two handed/dual wield, medium armor, and class skills that morph to cost stamina. Volley from Bow is a great damage over time skill.

I did a Dunmer MagDK and a Nord StamDK. For the MagDK, my basic skills were Spiked Armor (defense), Burning Embers (DOT + heal), and Wall of Elements (destro staff AOE). For the Stam DK, my basic skills were Spiked Armor (defense), Green Dragon Blood (heal) or Twin Slashes (Dual Wield DOT + heal), Venomous Claw (DOT), and Volley (Bow AOE).

Hope that helps. Have fun questing!
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 18, 2019 4:38PM
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't really recommend too much unless you have a certain path in mind. You have the correct race for stamina based character if that is what you are going for.

For what ever content you decide I have some basic suggestions.

If you choose stamina dps:

First level your class skill lines. Ardent is your damage line. Two Stam morphs are claw and breath. This line takes priority. Next passives from earthen and draconic lines need to be unlocked.

I recommend choosing spiked armor and obsidian shield. Level passives then figure your path in the ESO world.

PvP sword and board, heavy armor, dual wield and others will be useful.

Pve dual wield, assualt(caltrops and vigor), bow, fighters guild and others.

I would recommend to figure out what you want to do and YouTube beginning SDK blah. Good luck and enjoy the game.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I’d say Varanis covered the big pointers. If you’d like more specific feedback, you can list the skills you’re using, which sets you’re using (or hope to use in the future), etc. Although it also looks as if you’re still leveling, so that all might change on a dime depending on what higher-level drops you find.

To add, I definitely recommend making sure you have some ability that can heal you. Especially as you’re starting out, it’s nice to have some way to recover health on demand if you find you’re taking a lot of damage. It looks like you’re focusing on 2h for a weapon, and that has a nice heal later on. Other useful ones for a stamdk are vigor from the assault skill line (requires you to hop into PvP) and green dragon blood from the draconic power skill line.

Also, orcs make really powerful stamina-based characters, and from your time spent leveling 2h it looks like that’s what you’re going for, so nice choice!

If you’d like to get into harder pve content at some point, based on your stam-focused race, I’d recommend playing as either a damage dealer or tank. Medium armor, dual wield, and bow is generally the most powerful combo for a damage dealer. Heavy armor, sword and shield, and destruction staff make a good combo for a tank. But, for questing, playing the main story line, doing world events, crafting, etc. (which is probably 80-90% of the game’s content) you don’t really need to worry about any of that.
  • danbottomburp
    danbottomburp
    Soul Shriven
    jypcy wrote: »
    Yeah, I’d say Varanis covered the big pointers. If you’d like more specific feedback, you can list the skills you’re using, which sets you’re using (or hope to use in the future), etc. Although it also looks as if you’re still leveling, so that all might change on a dime depending on what higher-level drops you find.

To add, I definitely recommend making sure you have some ability that can heal you. Especially as you’re starting out, it’s nice to have some way to recover health on demand if you find you’re taking a lot of damage. It looks like you’re focusing on 2h for a weapon, and that has a nice heal later on. Other useful ones for a stamdk are vigor from the assault skill line (requires you to hop into PvP) and green dragon blood from the draconic power skill line.

Also, orcs make really powerful stamina-based characters, and from your time spent leveling 2h it looks like that’s what you’re going for, so nice choice!

If you’d like to get into harder pve content at some point, based on your stam-focused race, I’d recommend playing as either a damage dealer or tank. Medium armor, dual wield, and bow is generally the most powerful combo for a damage dealer. Heavy armor, sword and shield, and destruction staff make a good combo for a tank. But, for questing, playing the main story line, doing world events, crafting, etc. (which is probably 80-90% of the game’s content) you don’t really need to worry about any of that.

Firstly thanks to all who contributed, i appreciate that very much

I am glad i haven't completely messed the character up or so it seems from reading the replies so that's great

So my question now is concerning attributes, should i be stacking the Stamina one on its own ?
    Is that my priority attribute if i stay on the 2h build

I have posted screenshots of my current skills below

https://imgur.com/a/8KWkIbs

Edited by danbottomburp on May 19, 2019 8:26AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am glad i haven't completely messed the character up or so it seems from reading the replies so that's great

So my question now is concerning attributes, should i be stacking the Stamina one on its own ?

If 2handed is your priority, you'll want to do a "Stam build", because your 2handed attacks and skills will do more damage the more stamina you have.

Essentially, have enough health to feel comfortable (food/drink buffs and medium armor passives will help with this) and then all the rest goes in stamina. Your magicka is mostly used for utility like Spiked Armor or self heals for the moment.
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Again, Varanis beat me to it, but the more you invest in one category of damage (either stam or mag), the more effective it’ll be, and far more so than if you tried to invest in both categories equally. Skills like spiked armor that give specific buffs (in this case major resolve and ward) are a good use of your magicka pool because the buff will always be that strong whether you have 5k magicka or 50k magicka. Skills that are purely numbers-based, like flame lash, scale off of the stats associated with the type of damage it does, in this case flame damage, so magicka. Thus, if you invest into stamina, flame lash won’t be as strong as say uppercut (from the 2h skill line).

Flame, frost, magic, and lightning damage scale with magicka and spell damage. Physical, poison, and disease (and bleed, I think) damage scale with stamina and weapon damage.