The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

It's the last week of PTS cycle and...

• Dracheimflug
    Dracheimflug
    ✭✭✭
    'Oppressed' Rimmen also still shows no signs of oppression (other than completely unmanned artillery pointed into the city) and remains completely friendly, even when you have just escaped from the Queen's trap and she is supposedly hunting you down. The guards are even supposedly oppressed Khajiit.

No one seems to care. This is not Vivec during it's main quest with bits of moon raining down on the city.

Meanwhile, the Devs still seem to think of the justice system as an actual selling point, as a positive thing.

Given that, not holding my breath on changes....
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The simplest solution to the dueling issue is to do it in a place where Necros won't be afftected by the law. There's an arena and a house, and plenty of open space away from guards - spaces that you can see from a wayshrine in order to attract other duelists from a convergence point.

I really don't mind duels in towns, but won't miss the people who spam invites in the crafting station and right at the wayshrine. That is not the behavior of a duelist looking for a competitive challenge, more like trying for an easy mark who thought their dungeon was ready.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Op is correct, the Justice system needs to be applied across the board. During the year of the Dragon would be a good time to do this. As the populace sees the Dragons in Elswyer and the appearance of Necromancers, why would they not expand the Justice system as the year progresses to include the Summoned Pets and Dueling?

What I also do not understand is why I get a bounty in DC areas but AD and EP cares and acts on it as well. They are separate factions at war with each other. Make the JS faction specific. This will help to breathe life into the game as being a viable world that makes more sense.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azaduur wrote: »
    A vampire will not announce he is a vampire at least not this vampire 😎

Didn't you though? Didn't you...
    Lmao 😂
  • MellowMagic
    MellowMagic
    ✭✭✭✭
    The simplest solution to the dueling issue is to do it in a place where Necros won't be afftected by the law. There's an arena and a house, and plenty of open space away from guards - spaces that you can see from a wayshrine in order to attract other duelists from a convergence point.

I really don't mind duels in towns, but won't miss the people who spam invites in the crafting station and right at the wayshrine. That is not the behavior of a duelist looking for a competitive challenge, more like trying for an easy mark who thought their dungeon was ready.

This is the truest *** right here. I cant even tell you the amount of times people spam duels at me when I'm just trying to do my writs. I dont like turning auto reject duels on cause I like to duel, just not when I'm busy doing other *** or on alt toons just for crafting.
    PC / NA @MellowMagic
    Imperial named with some sort of variation of "Deo"
    By the Divines...
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Darlon wrote: »
    Wise_Will wrote: »
    Darlon wrote: »
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    I think necromancy being a crime in the cities is a nice thing

Can be fun to play

Yes, especially when you get bounties in delves and while doing quests etc....

Idea might be nice, but implementation is half-arsed....

Wait, you get bounties in delves? That's going to be annoying

If there's a friendly or neutral npc in there, as some delves have, then you can get a bounty... Had it happen in one of the Elsweyr delves... (don't recall exactly which one)
    I'm pretty sure this isn't the case, because iirc one of the patch notes mentioned not getting a bounty from using illegal skills in front of neutral quest-giving NPCs and ones that follow you around on quests. If you got a bounty it was either a bug or before they changed things.

Anyways, I think it's a nice change, and people always seem to overlook that it's been mentioned in most of the other threads on this topic that ZOS is going to see how it plays out. Depending on how it goes it might be expanded to other things like Vamps and WWs, or it might get removed. I don't see it applying to Polymorphs or pets/mounts or things like that; those are temporary changes to your character that are 100% purely cosmetic, with absolutely no impact on gameplay. WW, Vamp, and Necro are more permanent changes that do affect gameplay. My only thing would be adding a 'mortal' skin or toggle or a 5th 'hidden' stage where the Vamp appearance is masked and you look like a normal mortal. Just like a Necro or WW can hide what they are by not using illegal skills or transforming in public, Vamps should be able to hide what they are by appearing mortal.

Also as much as Sorc and Warden pets annoy me at banks, crafting stations, and writ turn-in locations, they shouldn't and most likely won't be added to the Justice System. Summoning and Conjuring are both accepted 'schools' of magick in TES, even though in ESO's time period they don't exist as fully-developed schools per se. While people might not like the person with a Scamp running after them, it's not inherently illegal to summon Daedra. You'll probably be viewed negatively and shunned, but you won't get a bounty or be arrested just for having them. Now if you make them attack innocent people, that's an entirely different matter, obviously.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not bothered by it, they just need to fix a few quest and delve issues and then it's good to go. I rather like it when people freak cause a skeleton is following me around. I get a little giggle in every time it happens, not to mention I am far more worried about other things, and about the ww and vampire, they said they might experiment with adding those to the legal system as well depending on how necro goes, which I would also love. Something about people freaking when i do something weird or scary in game always gets a laugh out of me.

Oh and I rather like the idea of being careful with what I cast while questing in towns, simply because quests are typically boring, and never challenge me in any way, shape, or form. This at the very least cuts back a little on the brain dead play.
    Edited by Tessitura on May 19, 2019 1:16AM
  • Kieros_Farwander

This is the truest *** right here. I cant even tell you the amount of times people spam duels at me when I'm just trying to do my writs. I dont like turning auto reject duels on cause I like to duel, just not when I'm busy doing other *** or on alt toons just for crafting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By complete coincidence, I am certain, but they will be selling a private arena soon, so all the people who paid over a month in advance to have necromancers can now spend even more money to be able to duel, safely, as soon as they expend personal invites to all the duelers thy meet every time they play...

Follow the crowns. Every annoyance is a way to make players spend real money.
    (⌐◉-◉)
  • Kieros_Farwander
    I'd just like to see the Necromancer's undead have the same sustainability as the Sorcerer's Daedra.

As for the justice system, one change fixes it fast.

Have the guards all go after the undead first, so the Necromancer has a window of opportunity to hide. At that point, Necromancers could intentionally mess with guards by dropping a wandering skeleton around...

Might even get paid by thieves to draw guards away. >:)
    (⌐◉-◉)
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By complete coincidence, I am certain, but they will be selling a private arena soon, so all the people who paid over a month in advance to have necromancers can now spend even more money to be able to duel, safely, as soon as they expend personal invites to all the duelers thy meet every time they play...

What are you talking about? Do you mean the Colosseum home that in no way is required to duel ion a private home? You can duel in any home instance not just that. it in no way is being pushed as something to be sold to necromancers so they can duel, it's just a cool home people can buy and play in.
  • Dracheimflug
    Dracheimflug
    ✭✭✭
    Tessitura wrote: »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What are you talking about? Do you mean the Colosseum home that in no way is required to duel ion a private home? You can duel in any home instance not just that. it in no way is being pushed as something to be sold to necromancers so they can duel, it's just a cool home people can buy and play in.

A lot of smaller homes are listed as 'too small for duelling.' Not sure if that is hard coded or not though?