The issues related to logging in to the North American Xbox One and European Xbox One megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 20, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Why ZOS? Daily resets

yRaven
yRaven
✭✭✭
Sorry, i'm pissed, think that you're a freelancer and really don't know were you gonna have time to play the game, and like a normal player have to enter the game to take Daily Reward, do Daily Dungeons, improve the horse, do Pledges, but wait... wait what? Some things always resets 2:00AM EDT but others only after 20h you did it?

WHYYYY? God just do all Daily reset on 2:00AM EDT, because GOD, it's terrible have 4 Character and every of them have a different Horse/Daily Random reset

That's why i stop doing Daily Random on High Level Characters and sometimes lost 1 day of Horse improvement on others, now answer me, why set every daily to reset 2:00AM EDT, like everything else so people don't have to worry doing it on a different time from the others characters wouldn't work?
Edited by yRaven on May 15, 2019 4:32PM
BUILDS
Raven Blossom - StamDen (AD) - Bosmer - DPS
Raven Valaste - MagSorc (EP) - High Elf - DPS
Merchant Queenn - StamBlade (DC) - Khajiit - Farm/Master Crafter
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's "daily" things that reset at the same time each day, and there are others with a 20hr cooldown from when you last did them that aren't "daily" at all.

Most of the "daily" things are different each day, like the Undaunted Pledges. Those need to be on a time-of-day reset, so that groups of players all get the same one at the same time.

Mount training doesn't need an synchronizing. You're ready for more after 20 hours, regardless of other players.
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, and yesterday i didn't had time to enter on day, so i need to do at night, now my Daily random and Horse up is set do reset at night, so now that i have time on day i have to wait it get dark for me to do everything, and same thing tomorrow, because only one day i couldn't do on a good hour
    BUILDS
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭
    MB1J_s.gif
    Some say a comet willl fall from the sky
    Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves
    Followed by fault lines that can not sit still
    Followed by millions of dumbfoundet ***
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Matchimus wrote: »
    I think you should let them know what time suits u and the rest of the world can work around that.

^This.^
    "May you walk on warm sands."
    "First, I would ask that you look to the poor and the suffering around Cyrodiil. Look into their hearts, and then look into your own."
    "May Auri-El's light guide you in your darkest hours."

North American (NA) PC Megaserver (click to view):
    Vilerihala - Magicka Templar (Altmer ~ Dedicated Healer) ~ Màisalihna - Stamina Dragonknight (Bosmer) ~ Áhliaselia - Stamina Templar (Bosmer) ~ Thraccenia Vendicci - Stamina Sorcerer (Imperial) ~ daa'Vaaliánia - Magicka Warden (Dunmer) ~ Wenayastare - Magicka Dragonknight (Altmer) ~ Aráliavina - Stamina Nightblade (Bosmer) ~ Ysyna Rielle - Magicka Warden (Breton) ~ Rhusannah - Stamina Nightblade (Redguard) ~ Eirellonye - Magicka Nightblade (Altmer) ~ Lae'Suuriávia - Stamina Warden (Bosmer) ~ Dralora Savani - Magicka Sorcerer (Dunmer) ~ Billows-With-Incense - Magicka Warden (Argonian ~ Dedicated Healer) ~ Anísa'Vardaia - Health Dragonknight (Imperial) ~ Vilinalara - Magicka Sorcerer (Altmer ~ Grand Master Crafter)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is funny is Zos added a timer letting you know when your daily fence limit resets but they seem to not give a rats patootie about giving us trackers for when our various things resent like the undaunted daily. It is just part of Zos not thinking things through at all as part of the great leadership Matt provides the team.
    Really, idk
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    There's "daily" things that reset at the same time each day, and there are others with a 20hr cooldown from when you last did them that aren't "daily" at all.

They are totaly "daily". 20hr cooldown is there so you have more freedom to do them. If it was 24hr, they would crawl forward each day and thats annoying.

You cant do thrm ever 20hr to get 5 upgrade ever 4 day unless you are no lifer(%99 of players wont botter).

• Druid40
    Druid40
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abolish mount timers.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abolish timers?

Specially that gcd on skills.
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭
    Abolish timers would be a literal exploit for people with a lot of money and time, what i want is just that they had a Set Reset time for horse and Random, just like the Pledges and Writs, so no matter what time on day you did the damn thing, it would reset on 2:00AM EDT.

That because sometimes i can't do on day and have to do late night, the problem is the other day i can't do at night, BUT IT NOW RESET AT NIGHT so i have to just let it go and wait to do the other day. That's pain if you're leveling a Character or if you want to walk on Cyrodill, because without the horse upgrades you would be better walking... the damn deadlands

But yes, i understand that you all don't want it because.... uhmm.... Sotha Sil Rules?
    Edited by yRaven on May 16, 2019 1:24AM
    BUILDS
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Fence sales reset at around 7:30pm PST, Enlightenment is around 9:30pm PST, Daily Quests are at 11pm PST, and the official day reset is at 7am PST.
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 9 Toons on NA and 6 on EU Server, i life in Europe. I go sleep early Evening, now, middle of the Night, 3.30 sm, i wake up, play a few hours then i go work :)
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭
    I live on Brazil as we're in the middle of a crisis i'm a freelancer, if you don't know what it's basically i get any job that appears, there's no way i know what time i need to work and when i come back, sometime i awake on 6AM and come back 12AM, sometime 14AM and come back 7PM, on a hard time awake 5AM come back 9-10PM, sometimes i don't work, my hours in life is already random, i don't need my character hours being random :)

But this thread was basically because i'm leveling a character, when i got on CP i normally stop doing Random (Because of time reset), the trouble only come back when i'm up a character
    Edited by yRaven on May 16, 2019 1:41AM
    BUILDS
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a big deal but I wouldn't mind if horse training lined up with the same daily reset time as many other daily things.
    PC NA PvE
  • Kalik_Gold
    Kalik_Gold
    ✭✭✭
    Skip a day, login the next day and do all things with your characters at the same time.

Guess what now all timers going forward will be on your time. If you login each day at that same time and do them.

Edit to add I do agree with you, all of the things daily quests, battlegrounds, horses, Remain-Silent sales... all should be on a same daily reset time.

But by doing this yourself it kinda helps, I login in do all writs. Check all mail. Horse feed if needed etc. with each guy back to back. Before I even start my real play session.

Edited by Kalik_Gold on May 16, 2019 2:24AM
    Ras Kalik | Redguard - Templar *the Vestige a Paladin
    Cacique Yokuda | Redguard - Warden *Shaman Healer
    Juks | Redguard - Nightblade *Treasure Hunter and Thief
    Goliath of Hammerfell | Redguard - Dragonknight *Warrior Tank
    Kaotik Von Dae'mon | Redguard - Sorcerer *Arena Veteran and Conjuror

Ras Kalik the Vestige, a renown Redguard Paladin and wielder of Chrysamere; he has been blessed to save Nirn from Molag Bal’s destructive Planemeld while reuniting the Five Companions. Further accomplishments, he has also stopped the destruction of Morrowind, Clockwork City and returned order to the isle of Summerset. These events have made him a legend and continue to lead him into new adventures throughout Tamriel, as well as into the hearts of many ladies including Queen Aryenn. (not only Sai Sahan has a secret snowflake!)

During his adventurous travels, he typically is a loner but has made an allegiance with a small group of the Ash'abah tribe. These Ash'abah currently reside in the Alik'r desert and include: Cacique Yokuda a Shaman who has become attuned spiritually with Tu'whacca. Cacique leads the group in a daily prayer whenever he is out on his hunts. Kalik can mystically hear the prayers Cacique whispers in the desert to keep his friend safe before battles. In Sentinel, one of King Fahara’jad’s personal bodyguards the Goliath of Hammerfell asked to join them after witnessing the defeat of the Withered Hand. Kalik promised Goliath he would task him with clearing delves and dungeons when necessary. Juks a master thief that frequents the Sisters of the Sands inn knows how to infiltrate any bank vault or lowly bandit hideout without detection, but Kalik can vividly recall the night he met the thief. Juks found himself rummaging thru a slightly inebriated Kalik’s pocket for too long on a full-mooned night and because of his greed, lost two fingertips as a lesson! Last but not least the conjurer of magical pets, Kaotik Von’Daemon. Kaotik an outcast pariah due to his conjuration of magical pets, met Kalik while traveling from Alik'r to an arena in Wrothgar by caravan. During this trip, the caravan was ambushed in Bangkorai by a large group of bandits (former Imperial soldiers) fleeing the destroyed Imperial City in Cyrodiil. Kalik by happenstance was traveling thru this area on his Auridon warhorse (which previously belonged to Darien Gautier) and he was able to save the fellow Ash'abah tribesman while also dispatching most of the bandits to an early grave. These core Ash'abah tribesmen may never be seen together in travel but always know what each other is doing as they frequent a hideout in Sentinel's inn. Their hideout is a kept by Nuzhimeh and as she passes messages written between them, they also enjoy her company and her bed.

After the caravan battle, Kalik spared four other men besides his tribesman Kaotik from the bandits. Three of the four men also being held captive, were only alive because of their relation to Abnur Tharn the Imperial Battlemage of the Elder Council (also one of Ras Kalik's mentors in the Five Companions). These three men are Tyrus Septim a scholar and advisor to the Tharn family, Cinan Tharn a pompous treasure hunting grand-nephew of Abnur Tharn and Herzog Zwei the Genesis, a Breton Cleric who was only seeking to purchase artifacts from Cinan Tharn, including a long lost Ayelid sword named Sinweaver, and possibly a suit of armor that the King of Worms, Manimarco once wore. After their rescue and the exchange of gold for these rare items, the Redguards, Imperials and Breton men parted ways. The remaining Dunmer captive looked familiar...

The Dunmer and fourth man spared was Tythis Andromo a House Telvanni slave-owner and banker from Morrowind. During a rough interrogation, Ras Kalik learnt why the bandits accosted him. Tythis was providing his slaves as soldiers for the Three Banner War. The Imperial bandits were negotiating Andromo with House Telvanni for a lucrative ransom. Kalik could never free Tythis due to his slavery and war crimes, but he chose not to execute him either. The worse punishment for this former rich and opulent slave owner, is to now be a manservant for Ras Kalik and the tribe.
  • YaYaPineapple
    YaYaPineapple
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice if we could see a timer list for each character. Maybe add something to the bottom of the C character sheet where the buff icons are listed.
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything that can be done daily should follow the same reset. It is ridiculous that some things reset on a timer while other things reset at a specific time. Everything should just reset at a specific time. Not everyone has a consistent schedule that allows them to login to the game at a regular time each day. The 20 hour timers are an absolute nightmare if you're logging in at wildly different times from day to day.

Literally the only downside to ditching the 20 hour timers in favor of a specific reset time is that the truly hardcore no lifer can't get an extra horse training in once every 5 days.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think you should let them know what time suits u and the rest of the world can work around that.

oh that is such a nonsensical reply. does 2 am eastern time for for you for pledges? I'm assuming it does, so WHY ARE YOU AGAINST EVERYTHING RESETTING AT THAT SAME TIME, EXACTLY?

what exactly is the point of having so many different resets that you can't even really track properly unless you quite literally start using a spreadsheet or something like that. WHAT IS THE POINT? why shouldn't we have all resets synchronized?

heck I don't even care if they synchronize them to daily login rewards, just as long as everything is at the same time. I don't think i will ever understand people who are against THAT.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"

My housing obsession youtube channel
  • Taloros
    Taloros
    ✭✭✭
    A standardization of reset timers would be very much appreciated. The preferred solution would be putting everything at 20.00 CET, but the current daily reset timer would also be okay. But please, get rid of the 20 h cooldowns.
  • Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

oh that is such a nonsensical reply. does 2 am eastern time for for you for pledges? I'm assuming it does, so WHY ARE YOU AGAINST EVERYTHING RESETTING AT THAT SAME TIME, EXACTLY?

what exactly is the point of having so many different resets that you can't even really track properly unless you quite literally start using a spreadsheet or something like that. WHAT IS THE POINT? why shouldn't we have all resets synchronized?

heck I don't even care if they synchronize them to daily login rewards, just as long as everything is at the same time. I don't think i will ever understand people who are against THAT.

I am not sure what you are trying to say but I will try to respond. 9 times out of 10 maintenance occurs at 6pm just after I get home from work. That means I miss out one night a week on everything. Do I care? No because it will all be there for me the next night. And I can tell my partner that I am giving the game a miss tonight to spend time with you. Would I rather her response or spend my time cursing that I am missing out on writs pledges etc? You guess.
    Edited by Matchimus on May 16, 2019 5:54AM
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a big deal but I wouldn't mind if horse training lined up with the same daily reset time as many other daily things.

Whats stopping you from training your horse(s) at the same time every day?
    You want your horse on a 24 hour timer, so feed it every 24 hours.

Edited by twev on May 16, 2019 6:22AM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭

It's a matter of how someone is trying to bring his point across.
    If the OP would have calmly suggested to synchronize every timer, he would not have seen this kind of rely. But saying "I'm a freelancer and the other day I could not log on before x so I missed doing y, why on earth don't you change this?" as if anyone in the world gives a flying f*ck about his work schedule is a bit inane.
    Some say a comet willl fall from the sky
    Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves
    Followed by fault lines that can not sit still
    Followed by millions of dumbfoundet ***
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭
    tenor.png

Relax @yRaven, its not the end of the world, there will always be a next day(lie).
    Edited by Zer0_CooL on May 16, 2019 8:16AM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly it is a little annoying that the timers are all different but I think it is for the best.

20 hour timers works because tomorrow I may be playing a little earlier on one character then I am on another. So things like horse training and random dungeons can be done before a full 24 hours. 20 hour timers give the player a little more flexible to do those things. Say maybe I forgot to train my horse one day on a particular character until right before I logged off for the day. Then tomorrow I would have to remember to do after the full 24 hours and the time may not be up but since real life things happens and I can’t pay as late that day as I did before then I will completely lose horse training for that day but with 20 hours it gives me some flexibility to train my horse.

The one a day items like undaunted and writs and zone daily quest are only allowed once per daily so a hard counter works well for them.

What is frustrating is not having a timer could down for the 20 hour activities that is easy and convenient to see for each character.

FYI for those that do not know it I believe that enlightment is different for everyone. It resets around the time you first hit CP on your first character. Mine is a few minutes before 10am and when time changes it will be before 9am.
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    FYI for those that do not know it I believe that enlightment is different for everyone. It resets around the time you first hit CP on your first character. Mine is a few minutes before 10am and when time changes it will be before 9am.

Huh.. I just assumed it was a server based thing. My Enlightenment is 10 minutes before the 24H reset period. 1:50 AM EST for me.
    PC - North America Server (Champion 810+)
    Rah'Jiin - AD
    Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage)

Generic Argonian - EP
    Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank)

Zinkotsu - DC
    Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer)

Vaxtin - DC
    Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage)

VaxtinTheWolf - EP
    Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank/Damage)

Velik Iranis - AD
    Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank)

Einvarg The Frozen - EP
    Lv7 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer)

Unnamed Character - ??
    Lv?? Necromancer (Healer/Tank)
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭
    Gladiator Rucksack cooldown is 24 hours i'm pretty sure. Which is nonsense and I end up not doing it. It may be 20hours but I'm sure on testing I didn't get the proof after 20-22 hours.
    We may be down but we will never be out.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »

Whats stopping you from training your horse(s) at the same time every day?
    You want your horse on a 24 hour timer, so feed it every 24 hours.

I generally like to log in early in the morning and do my game 'chores'. Any external events I may have in the morning or extended maintenance/patch updates disrupt this for me about once a week or two. As I said, not a big deal but would prefer a daily reset instead of 20 hour time.
    PC NA PvE
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

I am not sure what you are trying to say but I will try to respond. 9 times out of 10 maintenance occurs at 6pm just after I get home from work. That means I miss out one night a week on everything. Do I care? No because it will all be there for me the next night. And I can tell my partner that I am giving the game a miss tonight to spend time with you. Would I rather her response or spend my time cursing that I am missing out on writs pledges etc? You guess.

and I'm not sure how this has any relevance to your original snide response to request made to make all the resets happen on the same time of the day? whether they do or don't, your situation doesn't change on maintenance days or any other days. but it does change for the better for a whole lot of people.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    thorwyn wrote: »

It's a matter of how someone is trying to bring his point across.
    If the OP would have calmly suggested to synchronize every timer, he would not have seen this kind of rely. But saying "I'm a freelancer and the other day I could not log on before x so I missed doing y, why on earth don't you change this?" as if anyone in the world gives a flying f*ck about his work schedule is a bit inane.

except they are not the only one with this work schedule and it is absolutely relevant because current reset system is only.... ok for people whose schedules are exactly the same every day. people with variable schedules like OP - end up falling behind.

did we forget already the situation with rewards during undaunted event, you know the ones tied to completion of first daily of the day. situation that worsened when they added indrik tickets to the mix? or does this only bother you when you are the one affected by it negatively?

please. stop with tone policing.
    dirty worthless casual.