The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone see a problem with a 21k whip?... *edit: I don’t see a problem anymore

SkysOutThizeOut
SkysOutThizeOut
✭✭✭✭
Edit* I no longer see an issue with molten whip.
Edited by SkysOutThizeOut on June 1, 2019 2:07PM
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried it in PTS yet? You have to build specifically for that and use a three step combo to proc it. As opposed to any other class that can just spam their execute when a target is below ##%.

Edit: Also to point out that it's melee based. Meaning that ranged builds (ie Sorcs, NBs) can hit you with hard hitting procs AND ranged executes from 28+ meters away.

Edited by Savos_Saren on May 15, 2019 2:29AM
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's fun, but @Savos_Saren is right, you have to have the right build and it's kinda niche. But again, fun.
    Edited by Siohwenoeht on May 15, 2019 3:13AM
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good luck landing one in pvp =)
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Good luck landing one in pvp =)

Lol, good luck getting off the fossilize?
  • WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can stack 3 stacks really easy by spamming inferno... Not hard to stack it then fossilize then burst for huge damage :o
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
  • Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magsorcs can obliterate other people from a long distance with 0 to no skill , tbh this whip doesn't sound as bad.The games balance is already in the gutter so why not run with it lol.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried it in PTS yet? You have to build specifically for that and use a three step combo to proc it. As opposed to any other class that can just spam their execute when a target is below ##%.

Edit: Also to point out that it's melee based. Meaning that ranged builds (ie Sorcs, NBs) can hit you with hard hitting procs AND ranged executes from 28+ meters away.

i'd love to spam bear claw :wink:
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m more excited for the new dragon fire scales morph just in terms of it being a cool looking and fun skill now. Especially since we can now get snare immunity and other useful things from RAT. I think I’d be unlikely to do away with the heal morph of whip for solo and really small scale play. My damage as a mag DK isn’t exactly suffering right now and I don’t see changing out other skills I like to make this whip effective. But I haven’t tested it in duels yet. I’ll prob mess around once it goes live because that’s some insane damage.
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now whip has about the same tooltip damage as the other classes have had on their class abilities for a long time and necros have on blastbones - seems fair enough.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please, mistress, not the whip again! I'll behave! I'll behave myself!
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get there is no heal associated with this version of the whip, but does this 21k whip get buffed to 33% making it hit like 31k? and If so... that'd be like 38kish on vamps... half it for cyro and it's still 19k before resistances and without critting... Between brp resto, cauterize, embers, coag, and fragmented... it would seem healing will not be an issue.

That 21k tooltip should be with Seething Fury stacks, so it already has the 99% increase. The new whip turns a spammable into the damage equivalent of drags or bow proc for a DK.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GO DK OR GO CRY !
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pretty much have each class to see how things shake out. ZOS does some changes that are not thought through, or just are unable to see how it will go. To be fair; we dont always see it ourselves.

I wont usually play the most OP class and abilities, but the option is there if its blatant to where you dont have a choice to stay competitive otherwise
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    I’m more excited for the new dragon fire scales morph just in terms of it being a cool looking and fun skill now. Especially since we can now get snare immunity and other useful things from RAT. I think I’d be unlikely to do away with the heal morph of whip for solo and really small scale play. My damage as a mag DK isn’t exactly suffering right now and I don’t see changing out other skills I like to make this whip effective. But I haven’t tested it in duels yet. I’ll prob mess around once it goes live because that’s some insane damage.

@Vapirko

Watch out for those Dragon Fire Scales. A Templar would love to pop you with an Eclipse and watch you kill yourself. :D I think ZOS fixed Volatile Armor so that it doesn't reflect back at you- but I'm pretty sure DFS and FoO still pops back.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @BlackMadara @Savos_Saren do you only get the 33% if you get 3 ardent flame abilities off first? Or only need to get 1 off to get the 33%? And that’s not so bad anymore if 21k is buffed with seething fury especially without the huge heal from lash.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vapirko

Watch out for those Dragon Fire Scales. A Templar would love to pop you with an Eclipse and watch you kill yourself. :D I think ZOS fixed Volatile Armor so that it doesn't reflect back at you- but I'm pretty sure DFS and FoO still pops back.

Sure this can happen once in pvp/wvw in 7 hours. So scary :D
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vapirko

They fixed that.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The 21k screen shot that you have is most likely from three hits of an Ardent Flame ability bringing the whip up to 21k.

Let's say that you use Innate (400 spell dmg to whip) plus Silks (400 spell dmg to fire abilities) for a flat base value (no procs like BSW) for your whip. 2 spell damage and 1 recovery enchant for jewelry. Mage Mundus. Light armor on a Dunmer. Here are the whip values:

Unbuffed: 9758
    Buffed with Molten Armaments: 10679
    Buffed with Molten Armaments and three hits of Ardent Flame abilities: 19321

So Dunmer + Silks + Innate + 2 spell damage enchants + buffed still doesn't equal to that 21k screenshot. Again, I used Silks and Innate for the flat base value.

But, of course, someone could go even higher with a BSW proc, all damage enchants, the Apprentice mundus, etc... but your recovery/survivability would suffer.

I can also get on the PTS with a Dunmer Sorc/NB and use Innate + War Maiden + full damage enchants with the Apprentice, etc and show you a ridiculously high Crystal Frags/Spectral Bow proc. But that doesn't mean that anyone will actually wear any of those sets.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    God its just going to be Dk's everywhere
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God its just going to be Dk's everywhere

The years of forum propaganda claiming they are completely crippled finally paid off I guess.
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, here's where my merciless damage ended up! Good to know...
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ...and here we go. A bunch of people rushing in to make comments about a single screenshot of a proc. I guess I need to go and make screenshots of every high Crystal Frag/Spectral Bow/Shalk/Blast Bones/Dark Flare proc and scream that it's unfair.

Edit: I forgot to add Dark Flare in that. Actually, I would like to test each build's niche proc and see who has the highest. I bet I could use flat rate sets (Innate + Slimecraw + Sun/War Maiden/Swamp Raider/Automaton) to see which abilities might be OP. Then we could debate who should be nerfed... especially if you can use some of those skills from range and combine them with an execute.
    Edited by Savos_Saren on May 15, 2019 2:24PM

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can stack 3 stacks really easy by spamming inferno... Not hard to stack it then fossilize then burst for huge damage :o

Dear magplars, you know what you have to do in this case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZtfsfoKSB0
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ...and here we go. A bunch of people rushing in to make comments about a single screenshot of a proc. I guess I need to go and make screenshots of every high Crystal Frag/Spectral Bow/Shalk/Blast Bones/Dark Flare proc and scream that it's unfair.

Edit: I forgot to add Dark Flare in that. Actually, I would like to test each build's niche proc and see who has the highest. I bet I could use flat rate sets (Innate + Slimecraw + Sun/War Maiden/Swamp Raider/Automaton) to see which abilities might be OP. Then we could debate who should be nerfed... especially if you can use some of those skills from range and combine them with an execute.

I'd love to see (and kill) all those mDKs next patch. Currently I'm having fun with my sDK, despite he still lacks a leg and a hand.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

I'd love to see (and kill) all those mDKs next patch. Currently I'm having fun with my sDK, despite he still lacks a leg and a hand.

im having fun with mine in Live server.

how are your bars as sDK in PTS/Elswyr?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    @BlackMadara @Savos_Saren do you only get the 33% if you get 3 ardent flame abilities off first? Or only need to get 1 off to get the 33%? And that’s not so bad anymore if 21k is buffed with seething fury especially without the huge heal from lash.

You get 1 stack of the 33% buff per ardent flame ability cast. So a common combo could be empowering chains > engulfing flames > burning embers > fossilize > ult > whip for a big combo. That set up takes a while though.
  • Skysenzz
    Skysenzz
    ✭✭✭
    I mean... I've seen some tooltip on Crystal fragmen that reached 40, that is a ranged ability. Here you have a melee skill that if you want to reach the best damage you would need to cast 3other skills first... It's more of a niche skill than anything else. Not broken or anything imo, just back in the meta :thonk:
    CP1000+
    DC sDK Skysenzz
    DC Stamden Kartag Vosh Rakh
    DC mDK Ignis-Noctem
    DC sDK Ellesperis
    DC MagSorc Victorià
    EP Stamplar Subject to change
    EP StamBlade Powerful Ninja Zoid
    DC StamNecro StamDK ls Better
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Generally I am sympathetic to the plight of DKs because the class sucked for at least two years, but you're getting *really* desperate trying to compare Dark Flare's "we nerfed the damage by 37% in exchange for a 0.1 second faster cast time" (which doesn;t even work, the cast time is still the same, but the damage still reduced) to the new Molten Whip.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Generally I am sympathetic to the plight of DKs because the class sucked for at least two years, but you're getting *really* desperate trying to compare Dark Flare's "we nerfed the damage by 37% in exchange for a 0.1 second faster cast time" (which doesn;t even work, the cast time is still the same, but the damage still reduced) to the new Molten Whip.

@Joy_Division
    Don’t get my post wrong, bud. I 110% agree Dark Flare was over nerfed (I’ve made plenty of comments about it in other threads). I’m just listing abilities that could be considered OP if you build directly toward the highest damage possible while ignoring common sense.

I honestly don’t think any nerf was necessary on Dark Flare for the .1 sec “buff”. It’s hard enough to land it in a laggy fight and I hope ZOS reverts the nerf.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too early to say... but I just hope we wont end up with a class that is BiS for Tanking & BiS for Damage... :o
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 15, 2019 7:55PM