The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

To Every Single Person Involved With ESO...Developers, CM's, and this Community THANK YOU!

IAmBones
IAmBones
✭✭✭
I have a story...and my true gratitude to not only this great community but also everyone who has a hand in making this game work. I want all those who help create this game, how at least in my life, have made a BIG difference and make my life better. Many of these ESO employees would never know how they have improved my life so very much, I feel I need to let them know. And I assure you, my story is far from unique.

I started playing ESO on June 24th, 2018, I just passed 3000 hours (is that a lot?). I am in my mid 50's, I became disabled when I was 39 years old. I have a condition called Spinal Stenosis, basically, my spinal column is too thin for the nerves to pass through without being "pinched". I am NEVER not in pain, I can not sit, stand, walk etc. I play ESO laying flat on a futon. I take a lot of narcotics, I hate them, they make me very, very sick to my stomach. You see my choice has always been when it comes to pain killers, my payment for pain relief is unbearable, relentless nausea.

This is where ESO changed my life for the better. Since day one, I noticed I was not getting as sick as I usually do. I mean it was really noticeable and I was not sure what was going on. What I figured out was I was so enthralled in the game, I was so focused on what was going on and what I was doing it was suppressing the gut wrenching nausea. I don't know how or why, but my daily life was improved IMMENSELY. I can not explain with words how much this has helped make my life at least a bit better.

Secondly, I take my pain pills on an exact schedule, they are kinda dangerous so I am always very careful. While this does not happen often, it does happen enough to mention. While playing I sometimes MISS my scheduled pain meds. This is a BIG deal, my pain does not stop for anything, ever...but I get so wrapped up when I am playing and my mind is so distracted, I simply don't notice my meds have wore off. Again, this is a rare thing, but anytime I can take LESS meds, is a good thing.

The Community - I would of quit this game a very long time ago if it was not for the fantastic people who play this game. The YouTube Community has helped me through a bunch of times I was stumped. So many complete strangers have taken the time to answer my questions in zone chat and in return I have tried to "Pay It Forward" to help others. This is without a doubt one of the best communities I have been associated with in my 20 years of playing MMO's and that is saying something. You make me smile and sometimes laugh when I have very little reason to do either, for that you have my undying appreciation.

To the Community Managers, please forward this to everyone, from the person who makes copies, the developers, artists, story people, customers service, and everyone involved, I know you did not design this game to make my life better, but you did, and that is no small feat (and I know for a fact, I am not alone and not a unique case). You have given me a priceless gift, a life with a little less pain, a little less depression, and a bit more happiness...I just thought you should know. From myself and my wife...I Thank You!!!!
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know,Im happy for you. Seriously.

This is just great. Good luck dude and continue having fun!
  • angrytroll85
    angrytroll85
    ✭✭
    This is awesome and I hope that is continues to Help you. Keep your head up and stay strong!
  • Schemering
    Schemering
    ✭✭✭
    ...Pay it Forward... what you reap is what you sow ;) One of the best attitudes in life is being grateful for what you get and expressing it by elevating others...
    PC/EU AD 1500+ PC/NA 300+

Schemering - Breton magicka Nightblade
    Ambergloed - Argonian Templar Healer
    Fonkeling - Argonian Dragonknight Tank
    Twinkeling - Dunmer magicka Nightblade
    Sprankeling- Altmer magicka Nightblade
    Schittering - Redguard stamina Nightblade
    Glinstering - Khajiit stamina Sorcerer
    Spiegeling - Altmer magicka Necromancer
    Flonkering - Orc stamina Necromancer
    Glimmering - Argonian Necromancer
    Duisternis - Dunmer magicka Dragonknight
    Maanlicht - Altmer magicka Templar
    Weerlicht - Altmer magicka Sorcerer
    Zonnestraal - Redguard stamina Warden EP char
    Slagschaduw - Dunmer magicka Warden - Healer or Damage Dealer
    Ochtendgloren - Imperial stamina Templar
    Avondval - Redguard stamina Dragonknight
    Aurora Noorderlicht - Breton magicka Nightblade DC char
    Dageraad - Breton magicka Sorcerer

Wisseling - Breton magicka Nightblade NA
    Zonsverduistering - Breton Templar NA Healer
    Tinteling - Argonian Dragonknight NA Tank
  • The_Art_of_Paw
    The_Art_of_Paw
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for sharing your story.

Trading pain killer addiction for a gaming addiction is a good move in my mind
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very moving, Great to hear, All the best to you mate :)
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m really glad to hear you’re managing your pain in healthier ways. Big hug from me for you and your wife!
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Gilora
    Gilora
    ✭✭
    Awesome, thank you for sharing. Stay strong!
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is good news for stupid people.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we tend to get caught up in petty things from time to time....then you hear a story like this and it can really put things back into perspective.

It is we that should be thanking you. For sharing your moving story and making it a little more clearer what should really matter.

Thank YOU!!
    Edited by Kel on April 30, 2019 11:11AM
  • ryzen_gamer_gal
    ryzen_gamer_gal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you can think of something else other than your pain. God bless you.
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    I think we tend to get caught up in petty things from time to time....then you hear a story like this and it can really put things back into perspective.

It is we that should be thanking you. For sharing your moving story and making it a little more clearer what should really matter.

Thank YOU!!

So true. Thanks for sharing this iAMBones. Glad you found this outlet! Loving the game myself:)
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am happy for you. I couldn't never even think what you go through, but I am glad it is working out for you. Not sure what platform you play on, maybe one day I will see you there. :)
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IAmBones wrote: »
    This is where ESO changed my life for the better. Since day one, I noticed I was not getting as sick as I usually do. I mean it was really noticeable and I was not sure what was going on. What I figured out was I was so enthralled in the game, I was so focused on what was going on and what I was doing it was suppressing the gut wrenching nausea. I don't know how or why, but my daily life was improved IMMENSELY. I can not explain with words how much this has helped make my life at least a bit better.

Secondly, I take my pain pills on an exact schedule, they are kinda dangerous so I am always very careful. While this does not happen often, it does happen enough to mention. While playing I sometimes MISS my scheduled pain meds. This is a BIG deal, my pain does not stop for anything, ever...but I get so wrapped up when I am playing and my mind is so distracted, I simply don't notice my meds have wore off. Again, this is a rare thing, but anytime I can take LESS meds, is a good thing.

This is awesome. ESO did a similar thing for me four years ago when I was going through a particularly troubling time. Mine was only temporary, but the game allowed me to escape just enough to help get through it. I am glad that others are finding it helpful in this way, too.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn dude...big lesson in life is yours could always be worse. I myself started playing this back in 2015 when i was in the middle of Chemotherapy treatments. Those would only give me a week of hell every other week, and i came out fantastic, all things considered. I can't imagine being in either constant pain or constant nausea. You're a fetchin trooper dude, and its awesome this game has such an impact on you.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have a freaking awesome and thanks for sharing. It's great to hear that the game we all love can make such a difference.

I hope the game continues to bring you joy.
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    I am happy for you and wish you better health and happy life. Being a doctor and being at early stages of spinal stenosis, I understand how difficult it all is and its near constant pain. I am however at early stage where I have to avoid lifting weights or bending, but stenosis is developing and clock is ticking.

ESO is a beautiful place, and probably because you are happy while playing it you don't feel enough pain that you miss pain medications, which is not bad considering they are just for symptomatic relief. Happiness and positivity are pain reliever.

If you are on Ps4 NA, feel free to add me as your friend. We are small group of mature individual, I would be happy to have you as friend.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Funny thing that "stories" about happiness and gratefulness always come during and/or after heavy load of server issues.
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God bless you and your wife <3
    Edited by BomblePants on April 30, 2019 2:00PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »
    Funny thing that "stories" about happiness and gratefulness always come during and/or after heavy load of server issues.

Maybe its due to people gettin sick of the insulting rage threads and want to balance it out.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »

What are you implying? Falsehood!? Shenanigans! On a forum /s
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Happy to read the game serves you in a good way. :smile:

Now, a doubt I have, after first saying thanks to ZOS and that the game helps you enormously, why then you say "I would of quit this game a very long time ago" (if it was not for the community)?

I didn't get that part.

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes