The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Attach loot boxes to RotW

MajBludd
MajBludd
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
By attaching the loot boxes to Rewards of the Worthy, it will take the questers out of the towns and put them into actual pvp.

They can repair doors, walls, siege, or jump off the wall and fight to get the rewards. They'll be contributing to their factions and helping with overall pvp objectives.

It will give them a better experience in my opinion and it will end the farming at the towns.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly I’d rather they did this then attach them to the town quests.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, its an much better system, it would however be an nerf but saying you also get them for taking keeps and the 3 resources would balance thing a bit.

Keep the town quest but have options.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea. This will help to really learn PvP and grind AP at the same time as well.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make it so
  • MikaHR
    MikaHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, ROTW are virtually endless.

You havent thought this through much.

Not to mention "ROTW PvDoor trains" that would form to flip maps back and forth 24/7.
    Edited by MikaHR on April 23, 2019 11:06AM
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's how Midyear Mayhem works. Different event, different system.
    PS5 EU.
  • MikaHR
    MikaHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, i guess they could say "you get event box with first 5 ROTW/day/account"
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got a bunch of boxes (>20) for doing absolutely NO PvP. Albeit in a PvP zone

That has to be wrong

There has to be a better way to encourage PvE players to dive into PvP and to encourage PvP players to help them.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And they should add opening timer to these boxes, like they have in mobile ES.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @MikaHR I did think of the RotW drop rates. They could absolutely make it every 3 or 5 boxes. That's reasonable
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MikaHR wrote: »

Not to mention "ROTW PvDoor trains" that would form to flip maps back and forth 24/7.

Scouting board quests are endless. Capture stuff quests as well, as long as other factions recapture the stuff.
    But there's already a limit in place (dunno if per-character or per-account) on how many event boxes you can earn each day.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nah, there's a cap on the boxes you can earn per character, per day. So your endless comment isn't relevant.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good idea. I love both sieging and defending keeps. Win or lose I always find it fun.
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should have also attached reward boxes to Rivyn's reward mails for Battlegrounds. Playing 5, winning 3 and 1000points each give 1 box, that's not even worth the effort. They could have kept the BG players busy and the Cyrodiil players busy with these few changes.
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well, i guess they could say "you get event box with first 5 ROTW/day/account"

Both bad ideas. You can do some dailies for the crates up to 50 times per char. So limiting it to such a small number, on top of that per account, would make them unnecessarily rare. Limit them to 50 or 100 per day and let RotW count along the other options.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right now, if i had the time, I could be earning reward boxes all day long, at a much faster rate than i can get RotW
    The Moot Councillor
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rewards are fine as they are. Its the people entering Cyrodiil for those rewards that need to adapt.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Osteos ,It's not about adapting so much as getting the pver'so to actually pvp, instead of just fetch quests in cyro.
    Even if they just repair walls and doors at least they are contributing to their faction and might actually decide to come back after the event.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly do not think it would help. Based on a lot of recent threads they don't want to pvp or help their faction. They just want the loot. During double AP events they just go to the extra campaigns and trade keeps. If you limited it to just the kill players quests they would probably just find a secluded spot in Cyrodiil to kill each other to fill the quests. All you will accomplish is limiting how pvp players can earn boxes.

DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agreed, much better idea
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahah great idea :) And suddenly whining about being killed while doing event quests would stop and PvErs would agree together that it's better do do some ez quests than actually PvP ;)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    I got a bunch of boxes (>20) for doing absolutely NO PvP. Albeit in a PvP zone

That has to be wrong

There has to be a better way to encourage PvE players to dive into PvP and to encourage PvP players to help them.

Just curious. Why is there a Need to "encourage" PVE players into PvP?

Shouldn't the game be for each individual person's enjoyment? And therefore the PVE player who is hesitant will get to PvP in their own good time - IF they really want to.

Why is it so hard to understand that there are players who really just enjoy PVE?

• MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @barney2525 some but some are open to trying new things and not just playing part of the game. So, this is a good way to get them to check it out.

I'm not big on pve, it's repetitive and boring to me. Pvp is never the same. Players don't have mechanics you can follow and time to avoid. The events exposed me to more pve and it's tolerable but not my thing.

If you have tried pvp and it's not your thing, that's ok. If you've never given it a real try, then why not try it?
    Edited by MajBludd on April 24, 2019 9:57AM
  • VvardeFellow
    VvardeFellow
    ✭✭✭
    No. Don't make us do any pvp for anything, ever. And don't say "no one forced you to...", it's simply not true. Making people, normal people, go to pvp fairy land to get pretty boxes IS forcing.
  • MikaHR
    MikaHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah, there's a cap on the boxes you can earn per character, per day. So your endless comment isn't relevant.

Nah, theres a cap on number of DAILIES that you can do. ROTWs are NOT dailies.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Osteos unfortunately, I can see this happening. If there is a lazy way people will find it.
    As I told a friend, if we get 5% of those pvers to come back, then we have 5% more pvpers. Any increase to the pvp pop is a win, in my opinion.
    Edited by MajBludd on April 24, 2019 10:03AM
  • MikaHR
    MikaHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Right now, if i had the time, I could be earning reward boxes all day long, at a much faster rate than i can get RotW

And eventually you would reach a cap. Theres a reason they attached rewards to dailies. And im somewhat on board with that. BUT...the method of rewarding "UBER BOX" for first few event activities that has a very high chanc od dropping best stuff (like Jester's festival) is even better IMO.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @VvardeFellow what is your definition of "normal people"? Not following you.

You seem averse to pvp, why is that? Tell me an experience you had that made pvp horrible for you?
    Curious because so many say pvp is toxic, pve is toxic. I'd say both equally.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    News Flash: It’s not about PvP, real or no. The people who are complaining are not interested in PvP. What they are interested in is getting reward boxes for the least possible effort. And that’s what they are actually upset about: That someone interferes with an easy way of getting rewards. Their rewards. It’s the same type of player that finds it perfectly acceptable to port into nFG I to exploit the group finder as long as they get another easy reward box.

So, no matter what you do, the complaints will stay. Unless you grant the boxes upon login.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • MikaHR
    MikaHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrong, im all for porting to FG1 and dont have a single complaint about this event.
    Edited by MikaHR on April 24, 2019 10:10AM