The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Spin To Win

NyassaV
NyassaV
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Just so everyone knows:
Spin to win has a 8.1k tool tip next patch. (On a medium stamblade). And becuase of the DW passive it does 9822 damage when under 25% health.
And because it’s cheaper you can spam it even more. It’s cost was the only thing preventing you from just spamming that skill only.
Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obviously this means we should nerf stamblades even more. How about a 25% damage nerf even dual wielding? It will suit the rest of the stamblade changes in Elswyr.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 50% base damage increase was just not needed. This makes whirlwind like 60-70% stronger then steel tornado is on live and while they increased the range by only one meter, 5 to 6, that 1 meter made the area go from ~78 meters to ~113, a 44% increase in size. That is insane. Reverse slice is still only 5 meters though. You think steel tornado is insane, try whirlwind.

Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on April 23, 2019 3:50AM
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd actually be interested to see the threshold on a dummy upon which *** Executioner begins to outdamage Whirling Blades.

Probably something utterly ridiculous like 8%.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ITS STILL OP they scream, NERF IT TO THE GROUND! NERF IT TILL NO ONE CARES ABOUT IT!
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    I'd actually be interested to see the threshold on a dummy upon which *** Executioner begins to outdamage Whirling Blades.

Probably something utterly ridiculous like 8%.

From my sloppy calculations, whirling blades does more damage till around 20-25%

• Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    um... its first pts release calm down everyone lol. It means nothing, not even if it was the 3rd version, it means nothing until it hits live.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    ITS STILL OP they scream, NERF IT TO THE GROUND! NERF IT TILL NO ONE CARES ABOUT IT!

😑 Scary how true the sentiment is to this statement.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    soo on a stamDK we get 2 more meeters?...sounds fair to me tbh :'D

PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Arcanasx
    Arcanasx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That melee range passive doesn't work for AoE's.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arcanasx wrote: »

dammed, would have been tooo nice...however if i remeber correctly, it works for engulfing...which is aoe aswell :lol:
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arcanasx wrote: »

dammed, would have been tooo nice...however if i remeber correctly, it works for engulfing...which is aoe aswell :lol:

Unfortunately, no, engulfing is only 10 meters, which is "base" value.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will only make major evasion more mandatory in your kit. Guess what, magclasses suffer from aoe buffs again cuz only magblade has access to that buff lol
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Will only make major evasion more mandatory in your kit. Guess what, magclasses suffer from aoe buffs again cuz only magblade has access to that buff lol

blade cloak yo

I know NB are not used to having to build or slot skills for specific buffs, but everyone has been doing it for ages and I promise you can find what your looking for ^_^
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

blade cloak yo

I know NB are not used to having to build or slot skills for specific buffs, but everyone has been doing it for ages and I promise you can find what your looking for ^_^

You didnt get it, major evasion is only accessible to medium armor (shuffle), blade cloak (stamina) and nightblades (blur).

Thus, every magicka class besides magblade has no access to the buff if they dont wear a specific set to do so, while all stamina builds have it built in almost naturally
  • IamDestiny
    IamDestiny
    ✭✭✭

blade cloak yo

You didnt get it, major evasion is only accessible to medium armor (shuffle), blade cloak (stamina) and nightblades (blur).

Thus, every magicka class besides magblade has no access to the buff if they dont wear a specific set to do so, while all stamina builds have it built in almost naturally

You have shields?
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HellFlame wrote: »

blade cloak yo

You have shields?

How is that an argument? Magclasses have shields, stamclasses have healing, both benefit from major evasion equally. The conclusion is the same
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whirling blades is fine.
    People can avoid it just as they used to avoid uppercut.
    The only OP skill in DW is the master DW bleed doing insane dmg and ignoring the defence stats of this game.
  • Arcanasx
    Arcanasx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of people seem to be forgetting that "spin2win" isn't the only AoE being buffed. Would it make people feel better if they removed the execute mechanic on whirling blades, and instead gave it a strong shield every time you hit someone with it, that increases in size depending on how many targets you hit? Maybe even change a certain DW weapon set that increases the damage from 1500-9000 damage depending on how many targets you hit with it. Maybe its just me, but I personally believe if "spin2win" did had something like this instead, it would be even stronger, especially in a PvP context.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whirling blades is fine.
    The only OP skill in DW is the master DW bleed doing insane dmg and ignoring the defence stats of this game.

Lol excuse you? I must have missed the fact that uppercut was a 113 meter area AOE oh wait, that is whirling blades.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on April 23, 2019 8:16AM
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

blade cloak yo

You have shields?

How is that an argument? Magclasses have shields, stamclasses have healing, both benefit from major evasion equally. The conclusion is the same

Because magblades don’t have class shields like the others? I think that’s what he meant
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's pretty broken. dueled a bunch with it and took it off my bar because it felt so unfair to use. i doubt it'll go live as is.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »

blade cloak yo

You have shields?

Because magblades don’t have class shields like the others? I think that’s what he meant

Want to trade Blazing Shield against Cloak ! 🤔
    Pain-Healer - Argonian Templar Healer (EP) - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon's Heart
    Guild : Ghosts and Goblins Target Dummies
    Players know me as Jeban
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

blade cloak yo

You have shields?

Igneous Shield is sooo strong. I guess?
  • Spizzie
    Spizzie
    ✭✭✭
    Whirling blades is fine.

You can dodge roll uppecut and it requires the user to actively aim and stay in front of the target. Whirling blades is undodgeable and doesn't require aiming whatsoever. If you're on console, you can literally just lift your thumb off the right stick and hit people just as reliably.

I have no idea how ZoS has balanced this game so that AoE abilities do more single target damage than single target abilities. It's insane.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

blade cloak yo

You have shields?

Want to trade Blazing Shield against Cloak ! 🤔

Go for it. I just stated what i thought he meant and tbh idgaf anymore..you lot want magblades gone, so be it.
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damage may have been buffed, but radius changed from 9 to 6 is a quite big nerf too. (need to compare old steel tornado to new Whirling blades since they share abilities)

New steel tornado was buffed vs target above 50% and nerfed vs target below 50% (overall nerf id say)
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »
    Damage may have been buffed, but radius changed from 9 to 6 is a quite big nerf too. (need to compare old steel tornado to new Whirling blades since they share abilities)

New steel tornado was buffed vs target above 50% and nerfed vs target below 50% (overall nerf id say)

It is certainly a buff. You still get that 20% from the passives, so you are doing on average, the same amount of damage but is cheaper.
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »

It is certainly a buff. You still get that 20% from the passives, so you are doing on average, the same amount of damage but is cheaper.

True you do get the cheaper cost. But the damage will not be higher unless target is above 50% hp.
    Assuming old base tooltip of steel tornade=100:

100% hp target (new 50% higher)
    Old value 100dmg
    New value 150dmg

75% hp target (new 20% higher)
    Old value = 100*1,25=125dmg
    New value = 150dmg

50% hp target
    Old value = 100*1,5=150dmg
    New value = 150dmg

30% hp target (old 13,3% higher)
    Old value = 100*1,7=170dmg
    New value 150dmg

20% hp target (old 20% higher)
    Old value = 100*1,8*1,2= 216dmg
    New value = 150*1,2= 180dmg

10% hp target (old 26,7% higher)
    Old value = 100*1,9*1,2= 228dmg
    New value = 150*1,2= 180dmg
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

So true. Haters gonna hate.

• Arcanasx
    Arcanasx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raammzzaa wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »

So true. Haters gonna hate.

It astonishes me that people are focusing so much on whirling blades. Its like they cannot comprehend how useful these other buffed AoEs are going to be as well, such as brawler and bombard. The only real situation where whirling blades can be truly OP is against high health boss targets where you can squeeze in a lot of extra damage, multiple times, from the execute mechanic. But then again, how long has endless hail been mandatory for doing good stam DPS, and how many people are complaining about that?

How it is with the PTS values, I think a group of players fighting against another group of players spamming brawler or bombard is going to usually be more dangerous than if they where to spam whirling blades. But it must be all the PTSD from seeing steel tornado which functions as an execute, that happens to occur frequently on their death recap that's giving them some serious tunnel vision. They like to focus on scenarios in which whirling blades will be strong, yet ignore other scenarios where other AoEs will perform better.

If whirling blades is too strong, its because most other AoEs are too strong.