The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Faction Locked Cyrodiil = Need for Faction Change tokens

Lapin_Logic
Lapin_Logic
✭✭✭✭✭
Say you have 1 PVP Nightblade in AD but your friends have their best PVP toons in EP, on Live it is no problem, because you can play with your friends on one of your bad PVE EP toons for a hour or 2 and then when the map is red and they are bored they can go on AD and play and you can be on your favourite character.

In future, you either have to choose
1. A month of a toon you cant be bothered to PVP on
2. delete a toon and lose all his achievements and rank up a EP NB over a few weeks
3. Find a New PVP group

If you had a Faction Change Token (With a 30 Day Cooldown! to prevent exploits) people could correct decisions they made when they were new to the game and had not found Guilds/ Friends or a Favourite playstyle... also some people were around before "ONE TAMRIEL" and needed different Toons in different Factions for the full game play experience.
Since One Tamriel made it so you can do Any zone at Any time with a friend from Any Faction and battlegrounds lets you PVP with Friends from Any Faction is there really a point to fencing players into a Faction at this point.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd happily take a one time token for my whole account.
  • Ryknos
    Ryknos
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno, your friends sound like they clearly don't give a crap about you.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or option 4, which is play together on an unlocked campaign.

And they devs have stated several times, no faction changes are coming. Too much of your character is rooted in your faction choice. They said it would be a nightmare to develop. In my opinion there wouldnt be anywhere near the financial return for the cost of development.
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or option 4, which is play together on an unlocked campaign.

And they devs have stated several times, no faction changes are coming. Too much of your character is rooted in your faction choice. They said it would be a nightmare to develop. In my opinion there wouldnt be anywhere near the financial return for the cost of development.

Bull, there is zero investment rooted in my faction choice, even less so if that toon has never been to Cyrodiil.
    I can roll a DC Kahjiit in the morrowind tutorial, port to EP and join the Skald King, or roll a Breton in EP, land in Morrowind jump to the wailing Prison, hit a Battleground on team purple and then port to Khernarthis roost and join the fight for the Queen wearing my "EP riders gear" and on my EP horse, Faction has ment Diddly since One Tamriel, the only argument was it kept you interested in the 3 banners war.

what interest in the war will you have when your PVP main is on the wrong faction, you can even Buy the "Any race Any Alliance" upgrade, the Faction lock has only been placed to stop keep flippers running 24 7 turning Cyrodiil Red, then relogging to turn it Blue, then to turn it Yellow.