The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

More small and medium sized houses, including ideas.

NotaDaedraWorshipper
NotaDaedraWorshipper
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello, everyone!

I'm here today to talk to you about houses. But not any kind of houses, no no. I'm here to talk about the less notable ones. The ones with a more suiting item limit. The ones I wouldn't need to mount in to get to the other side. The small and medium sized ones!

They are my favourite. Yet we never get any new interesting ones. It feels like all the new houses released in the store are only the large grandiose ones (That are not only ludicrously overpriced but also time limited.). Which I find a pity because it's noticeable that ZoS has become better at making houses. They are more open with a lot of effort to the surroundings and not just a big block of building. The Xanmeer Mansion, Grand Topal Hideway and the upcoming Arena house shows this. They feel less, in a lack for words...claustrophic, that the older houses have a tendency to do with the lack of functioning windows and high walls surrounding them.

So why not add a some more houses of various sizes to the housing list? That could be purchaseable for either gold or crown coins. Give us options!

Here are some examples I would love to have, which should be quite easy to add non-walls "walls" to. Such as cliffs. They might sound a bit boring to some, but being the roleplayer and lore nerd that I am, I like it when my houses are immersive so to speak.
  • Fisherman's Hut.
    Who wouldn't love a cosy little house with a small dock right next to the water? Perhaps on a small island on the sea between Glenumbra, Stormhaven and Alik'r? Or perhaps overviewing some cliffs in Bangkorai?
  • Farmer's house/Countryside House
    Imagine the faint smell of columbine, the sea and the grass fields of the Gold Coast. Which waves ever so lightly in the wind like a golden sea. And there, above a small ridge, your Imperial house. Your sanctuary and escape from war and misery. Your peaceful respite. (Or just watch the last scenes of Gladiator.)
  • Mountain Cabin/Watchtower
    There is a lot of mountains on Tamriel in various locations. Everything from arid, to the snowy and cold, or the forest clad. All with a fantastic view.
  • Smuggler's Cove
    Who has walked around the cliffs, beaches and coves of Summetset's archipelago? I sure have. And one time when I walked aross some planks high above the ground to a Skyshard I couldn't stop think of how great it would be if there was a house area just like it. A small cave on a cliffside, high above the tideline, as the main room for you to hide and store your ill-gotten goods!
  • Ayleid Ruin
    Everyone from bandits, soldiers, scholars and daedra worshipper makes them their home. Why not us! Give us a small Ayleid ruin to make our own. With lovely welkynd stones lightning up the ancient stonework. Maybe have an option for those traps they always seem to be full of!
  • Outlaws Refuges
    I love 'em. I don't think there is one Outlaws Refuge I dislike and I'd love to have a house in a similar style to them. Forgotten cellars, sewers and cisterns. Hidden away alleys, shady markets and ruins with the hint that civilisation is just a stone's throw away.
  • Abah's Landing Apartment.
    Lying high up in the city with a balcony overviewing the busy streets and harbour!

And more "shady" houses in general. Like a vampire den!

Or clean slates like the Coldharbour Estate

But what do you think? Do you want more varied houses of other sizes? What kind of house would you like to see added?
Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on April 21, 2019 4:50AM
[Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would love a small 1 room underground house for me and wife, with a hidden entrance in the bushes.
    fits our rogue style gameplay.
    just a bed and a cooking and chest to store our goods.
    i been asking for it for many years.
  • Spacegato
    Spacegato
    ✭✭✭
    I love the smaller houses! They are so much more fun to decorate it.
    Really whis for more smaller houses and that you can Purchase with gold.
    Love the ideas that you have come up with <3
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medium is perfect with item limit.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it's asking too much but if we just got the tools to create our own areas. We can pick the theme, size and build the structure. Give it a wayshrine so location isn't really an issue.

Let them figure out the gold/crown rates and let players go nuts.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayleid ruin and a cave house like the Outlaw's Refuge in Rawl'kha are what I'd like. A fisherman's hut with lakefront property would be nice too yes. Small and medium size only please. So tired of these huge houses.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love all these ideas. And I wish they'd implement them without tacking on some ridiculously huge cove, etc. just to jack up the price.
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well.... I'd love smaller or middle-sized houses too. But I guess thats one of the many housing wishes ZOS chooses to ignore. :-/ The one home on PTS elsweyr is the starter room in the inn, the other is the expandable one (though, nice idea!) and the third one will surely be a 700 slot crown only purchase. So its essentially the same as last year with summerset. One cooking receipe for housing, applied to all future chapters. Yay.
    PC/EU
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One constraint all homes have is the need to separate the "inside" instance from the worldspace. So they need a walled garden, or no outside space at all. Town homes in the medium category, or apartments in the smaller size, meet that by having none, and I'm surprised there aren't more of those.

I'd like to see something like the Roman villa model, where the garden is enclosed by the building. That would meet the medium house requirements nicely.
    Edited by ghastley on April 23, 2019 2:30PM
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    One constraint all homes have is the need to separate the "inside" instance from the worldspace. So they need a walled garden, or no outside space at all. Town homes in the medium category, or apartments in the smaller size, meet that by having none, and I'm surprised there aren't more of those.

I'd like to see something like the Roman villa model, where the garden is enclosed by the building. That would meet the medium house requirements nicely.

I think there are ways around this though, have the yard/garden area be visible from the outside but not interactable - so in essence a matte painting. Then have the "gate" or whatever act as a portal into the instance which would have the real yard. Similar to how the Grotto ship is parked at the Alinor docks and one enters the "grotto" by climbing a ladder.

Though I do love that Roman villa idea!
    Edited by anadandy on April 23, 2019 3:10PM
  • moonsugar66
    moonsugar66
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of mountain cabins, would like to see a small/medium dwelling in Wrothgar. I’d even settle for an apartment in Orsinium.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well.... I'd love smaller or middle-sized houses too. But I guess thats one of the many housing wishes ZOS chooses to ignore. :-/ The one home on PTS elsweyr is the starter room in the inn, the other is the expandable one (though, nice idea!) and the third one will surely be a 700 slot crown only purchase. So its essentially the same as last year with summerset. One cooking receipe for housing, applied to all future chapters. Yay.

Except if Jode's Embrace is a 700 slot CS-only notable, then we're actually getting less houses each chapter, at least gold-purchasable ones.

Morrowind gave us a free inn room (Saint Delyn's), a medium-size gold-purchasable home (Ald Velothi), a large-size gold-purchasable home (Amaya), and a notable CS-only home (Tel Galen).

However, Summerset only gave us a free inn room (Golden Gryphon), a large-size gold-purchasable home (Alinor Townhouse), a notable CS-only home (Grotto), and a free notable home (Psijic Villa - which was very nice to get for free, though it's too large for me to do anything with it).

Now, it appears that Elsweyr will only be giving us a free inn room (Sugar Bowl). Do we know for sure that Jode's Embrace is a notable? If it is 700 slots, then yes, it will be a CS-only home. Then, we do have another free home, though again, a giant monstrosity that, unless they give each wing it's own instance, will be difficult to decorate.

We've been asking and asking for more small/medium homes that are purchasable with GOLD. We did get the Exorcised Cottage, and Ald Velothi with MW. But the only other new small/medium homes have been the gimmicky snow globe home. I don't know what size the arena falls into, but Frost Vault Cavern had 400 slots on PTS, so it will be a medium home. While I am interested in that one, it's still a gimmick home and not really what a lot of us are asking for.

I, and others, have asked for a small home or apartment in Balmora, Abah's Landing, Orsinium, Shimmerene/Lilandril, Anvil/Kvatch, etc. Or homes in the countryside of Summerset or Wrothgar. Instead, we got a snow globe in Eastmarch with an Imperial lighthouse in it.

OP, you're definitely not alone in your wishes. Let's hope ZOS decides to offer us more small/medium homes - even apartments. I'd prefer they be available for gold, but I'd spend Crowns if the house was right.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Medium house boat.

Also, not a house specifically, but a "furnishing". I wish they would sell a "trapdoor" that would open up to one of the heist dungeons - just a layout of the heist, with the bad guys and everything, but not the actual heist or heist goals. Even make it to have no exp for killing the guys. Just having a "combat basement" would be awesome.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions