Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

GOLDEN CLOVER - MIDYEAR MAYHEM GUIDE (updated 7 January 2021)

• marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalante wrote: »
    when does the event start?

Were calling it at 23 Jan (best educated guess because of the "hotfix" on Monday 20th)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    STEALTH EVENTS & FARMING

1 - Run triple stealth gear in DIVINE trait with THE STEED mundus

* four piece Vesture of Durlock Brae (Elsweyr)
    * three piece Night Terror (Stormhaven)
    * five piece Night Mother's Embrace (Deshaan)

2 - Be a vampire
    They can run while invisible

3 - Be a Khajiit
    Race passive -3m detection area when in stealth

4 - Be a Nightblade
    Shadow cloak ability grants instant invisibility

5 - Equip a bow
    Hasty retreat passive - roll dodge grants major expedition

6 - Equip an invisibility potion

One could add:
    • If a Nightblade, slot Concealed Weapon for the stealth speed buff.
    • Have points in the medium armor passive (if you're wearing medium gear on a magicka character who otherwise might not have it).
    • Have the champion points and Legerdemain passive skills that cheapen stealth.
    • Use the Night's Silence set instead of Night Mother's Embrace if not a vampire for the stealth speed buff.
    • Consider Swift trait on your jewelry and Well-Fitted on your armor.
    • Slot snarebreaking and speed buff skills (the nerf to Retreating Maneuvers, which used to be great at both, hurts a lot in considering these options).
    • If a Nightblade, have enough magicka sustain to spam invisibility (I usually forget about this one).
    • Have enough stamina sustain to allow permastealthed movement (rarely a problem with hardcore medium armor stealth builds).

And, especially if on a PC, carry a combat loadout to quickly switch into if you see you're about to need it. :)
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on January 19, 2020 2:34AM
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »
    Thanks but no thanks - this is one event I avoid like the plague. ESO events are grindfests enough. Throw in getting trolled by players on top of that will cause me to blow a blood vessel.

You could offer me a complete set of gold perfected gear + a dragon mount and it would still not even garner a reflex.

Wish this event would be removed. Complete waste of time. Its divisive and unpleasant for a ton of people.

Yet we deal with all the pve events, maybe sit this one out and QQ somewhere else

You know what - maybe you right. Maybe I need to loosen up a little and just try have some fun. Thanks.

The one thing I think I would like to see added which it promote PvP alot I think is allowing players to purchase build slots much like costumes.

This would allow players to run both a PvP focused build and a PvE focused build without needing to constantly change all their skills, CP etc.
    Edited by drkfrontiers on January 19, 2020 12:51PM
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • D3N7157
    D3N7157
    ✭✭✭✭
    thank you man if they come in gear you recommend them i only need to hit onslaught once and they are dead if it crtits
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the most important things to remember about dying in this game: You are still alive in real life.

No need to make a big deal out of getting killed and getting frustrated.

Only exception is if you're in IC or ICS carrying a lot of TV, in which case that's on you for not banking your TV.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ahhh yes, January. A fitting month for a Midyear event :lol:

Group finder worked really well for me during the Undaunted event though, so I'm really hopeful that Cyrodiil sees some big improvements at last :smile: Talos knows they've delayed this event long enough!
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Predict MM to be on 22rd
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I decided to run some battleground on my PvE character to get a feel for this thing!

2/5 1st place with me at the bottom (no surprise there!)
    1/5 2nd place with me still at the bottom (LOL at least I am consistent)
    2/5 last place (in one I came first! Woot! The other not so much! Damn pointy arrow thing from corner of me eeye!!)
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The one thing I think I would like to see added which it promote PvP alot I think is allowing players to purchase build slots much like costumes.

This would allow players to run both a PvP focused build and a PvE focused build without needing to constantly change all their skills, CP etc.

There's an add on named "Dressing Room" that lets you save different gear/skill setups and change them with one click.

As for CP, you don't have to worry about redistributing them if you play in the no-cp campaigns.
  • Susan_Sto
    Susan_Sto
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for tips
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    When's it start ?
    We don't know yet. But judging by the fact that we have a "hot-fix" on Monday:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/508409/hotfix-maintenance-on-all-realms-jan-20-6am-est#latest

Undaunted even had a hot-fix patch in Monday & started in Thursday, so I guess that Midyear Mayhem may follow the same pattern and it will start very soon, probably in Thursday, January 23

Oh look.... I guessed correctly lol :D
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57605
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, if a gankblade is trolling pve questers and you want to troll them back (and you are a nightblade)... slot mark :smiley:
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    When's it start ?
    We don't know yet. But judging by the fact that we have a "hot-fix" on Monday:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/508409/hotfix-maintenance-on-all-realms-jan-20-6am-est#latest

Undaunted even had a hot-fix patch in Monday & started in Thursday, so I guess that Midyear Mayhem may follow the same pattern and it will start very soon, probably in Thursday, January 23

Oh look.... I guessed correctly lol :D
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57605

spot on dude ;)
  • naturebased
    naturebased
    ✭✭✭
    Im not a PVPer, should i

A. Just do battlegrounds and nothing else?
    B. Go to cyrodiil and do PVE dailies with a group? Can the group be as large as 16 players or only 4?
    C. Something else? Basically I want to get as many rewards as possible without being griefed too much (a little bit of grief is fine)
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im not a PVPer, should i

B. Go to cyrodiil and do PVE dailies with a group? Can the group be as large as 16 players or only 4?
    C. Something else? Basically I want to get as many rewards as possible without being griefed too much (a little bit of grief is fine)

Idk much about BGs but if Cyrodiil, your best bet is zerging. Aka grouping with large amount of people.
    I think it can go over 20 something.
    I am sure you can find people like you.
    Either slot heals and spam them (brings lots of ap and helps your group) or single target abilities in a protective gear.
    You can also follow the crowd, zone chat will tell you what is happening where.
    Buy some sieges and shoot :D
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not a PVPer, should i

What server and platform are you on?
    If you're on pc eu I suggest join our guid runs
    funnest añd easiest way to earn your title and rewards
    Every 50th run you cam also forge a runebox to be sold for between 500K to 1M gold
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to actually join a group to zerg; you can just tag along.

Bring any alliance war-related gear you may have received in the past-- siege stuff or repair stuff, forward camps, etc. Your fellow zergers will appreciate it.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not a PVPer, should i

Do this:

<copy-pasted from another thread>

During 5th Anniversary Cyro Week, I had the absolute BEST experience!

Aaaaaaand - this is coming from a (“painfully obvious” at the time) PVE’er rockin’ the big, blue, “hey - come gank me!” Hatchling’s Shell shield bubble proc’d most of the time! Haha. True story.

It was completely hectic - slappin’ into towns, full Rapids; dive-rolling into Daily Quest Givers, and blastin’ out to complete missions.

Even with my “neon-sign” Main & lowbie mule Alts - I managed to grab 225+ boxes. Even with the multiple Reds using the, “Play Dead” emote - lying in-wait around Chey, for instance. I got SCHOOLED - and loved it! Haha.

Cyrodiil broadens the scope of this game immeasurably.

Super-exhilarating awesomeness!

S.

<end re-post>

It’s the culmination of what this game CAN offer, at it’s max.

S.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS your pvp guilds/guildies will really appreciate any coldfire seige or camps so toss em into your guild bank ok?
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX69 wrote: »
    As always there will be some PvP wannabe's trying to gank what they call Cyrodiil Tourists.

free ap*

Mwahaha no AP. I have a diabolical method to ensure no ganker profits from my pve toon's death. I die so often I have none on my corpse :wink:
  • StormWylf
    StormWylf
    ✭✭✭✭
    @marius_buys and those with actual suggestions, thank you! Your hints and ideas are very much appreciated. :)
  • WilliamESO
    WilliamESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's not worth to farm boxes just farm gold in IC no cp regular way 3Mil 10 hours
  • TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can't hand in the quest due to ganker, just join other guest campaign and hand it in there. Meaning you can get the quest in one campaign and turn it in in other campaign. You won't get AP toward your rank but the quest AP is low anyway.
    Plus you can switch and join guest campaign right there in Cyrodiil, last time I checked.
    Edited by TempPlayer on January 23, 2020 7:56AM
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WilliamESO wrote: »
    It's not worth to farm boxes just farm gold in IC no cp regular way 3Mil 10 hours

I would say IC zerg bombing would be fun, and 90% of players reading this guide is probably not solo or small scale 1vX players
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TempPlayer wrote: »
    If you can't hand in the quest due to ganker, just join other guest campaign and hand it in there. Meaning you can get the quest in one campaign and turn it in in other campaign. You won't get AP toward your rank but the quest AP is low anyway.
    Plus you can switch and join guest campaign right there in Cyrodiil, last time I checked.

Great idea! Adding it
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    As someone who basically melts in PvP, I have to say again that the Midyear Mayhem and the Imperial City events are both a lot of fun. Sure, you'll get killed. But you never really get killed in this game, just inconvenienced by having to resurrect back at a wayshrine or your home base or whatever. Have fun, go with the flow-- or with the zerg-- and stop being so negative. There's nothing to get traumatized over, just keep a lighthearted attitude about it and enjoy yourself.

Except a lot of people will be there for tickets and deliberately kept from getting them. That's a bit hard to "enjoy".
    Not to mention that Cyrodiil is a confusing mess, impossible to find your way around in when new even in the best case scenario. Which or the record this event won't be.

It's easy to earn your tickets during Midyear Mayhem; just do a Scouting Mission, which is the easiest and least risky type.

Yes, if you insist on trying to do other types of missions, including the quests given out in the cities, then you'll be facing a more difficult time.

EDIT: So what I would recommend-- what I myself always do, in fact-- is to do a Scouting Mission first, to earn your tickets easy-peasy so you can stop worrying about them. Then, and only then, start trying to do other types of missions for fun, such as capturing resources, or joining a zerg from your alliance and going after the keeps and scrolls. Or go run off to the cities and try to do those jobs.

I have 9 or 10 scouting missions ready to turn in before the event starts. I also have a Khajiit stamblade vampire maxed out in Legerdemain and Thieves Guild. So even if the quest hubs are at maximum awfulness, I should be OK for event tickets. :)
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @marius_buys Thank you for this phenomenal guide. Your guides are second to non 😊❤
  • LadyHeloise
    LadyHeloise
    ✭✭✭
    You don't need to actually join a group to zerg; you can just tag along.

Bring any alliance war-related gear you may have received in the past-- siege stuff or repair stuff, forward camps, etc. Your fellow zergers will appreciate it.

This is me. Only PvP in MM. But have got to Lieutenant through tagging along with groups and playing with seige weapons or repairing walls. Oh and healing in sieges and running away a lot. Have only killed other players by accident! But had a blast doing it. Scouting missions are easy, but just be prepared to die. Often. It really doesn't matter much, apart from having to travel a lot.
    PC-EU.
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Midyear Mayhem is the best fun gankers have all year, aka the jester festival for pvpers 😂😂😂
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I truly cant wait until midyear mayham later on today
    https://youtu.be/RRte61dVwAo