The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is my math completely wrong or is this something we're not supposed to realize?

Karius_Imalthar
Karius_Imalthar
✭✭✭✭✭
indrik-cost.png
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You actually seem to be surprised about that, when really we all know the atrocious pricing in the Crown Store. There are houses for 15000 Crowns there as well. But granted, these are the big manors, and the Indrik must obviously be so rare as to be on the brink of extinction (never mind that every second player has one) to justify the 20000 Crowns you'd pay for one, were you to buy him with nothing but Crowns. We should probably be grateful they don't sell houses for Indriks (= stables) in the Crown Store, I shudder to think, what those would cost.
    Edited by CassandraGemini on April 16, 2019 10:41PM
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They fully expect people to earn all or most of the tickets for free through in-game events. I got that mount free. I'll be getting the golden one for free as well.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got the nascent indrik, evolved it, got another nascent indrik, 3/4 feathers, and the 2 most recent berries. Not a single crown was spent on them. If you wanna pay to catch up, that's you're own fault.
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the nascent indrik, evolved it, got another nascent indrik, 3/4 feathers, and the 2 most recent berries. Not a single crown was spent on them. If you wanna pay to catch up, that's you're own fault.

As long as you're ok then that's what really counts.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's steep if you buy the tickets but you can earn them in game for free very easily so I don't have a problem with this pricing tbh. What I found irritating is the berries won't be back until maybe next year so if you missed one of a set for whatever reason then you're screwed.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    They fully expect people to earn all or most of the tickets for free through in-game events. I got that mount free. I'll be getting the golden one for free as well.

I have them all and feathers prepared for the next as well. It's just interesting. Cash = Crowns. Crowns = Item. Item != Cash.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's actually more like:
    Best = $0
    Because you can earn tickets free in game.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You get two tickets a day for eating cake...
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »

I have them all and feathers prepared for the next as well. It's just interesting. Cash = Crowns. Crowns = Item. Item != Cash.

I like that Crown short cuts cost enough to raise eyebrows like this. It reinforces that the free in-game methods are preferred by the devs. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    70 tickets = 17,500 crowns = 2,625,000 gold (1:150)

And all that just for eating some cake!

We’re all aware ZOS is sketchy and sleazy for a lot of their monetization practices, but this isn’t one of them

The events are easy, and getting tickets has never been particularly time consuming. (Event loot, yeah I’ll give you that, but not the tickets)

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which part surprises you? That the larger crown bundles work out cheaper overall than the smaller ones, as an incentive to buy more? Or that paying to avoid earning the indriks in-game is expensive?

The crown pack prices shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I don't know much much ZOS has done to advertise them but the prices are all displayed on the same page when you go to purchase crowns and it only takes a basic grasp of maths to see they're not the same, or a few seconds with a calculator to work out exactly what the difference is.

As for the mount price, again I can't see how it's a surprise. The indriks were promoted as an in-game reward for participating in multiple special events throughout the year, originally that was going to be the only way to get them and it wouldn't surprise me if the price is intended to put people off just buying all the tickets they need so the incentive to join in with events is still there.

I've said before on this forum I think I'm a prime target for this system. Before events tickets were introduced I almost never participated in special events in this game because doing the same content which is always in the game for a second chance at the same rewards you always get isn't an event to me. I'd rather do it twice when it's less hectic and get the same result. But I wanted the dawnwood indrik since I first saw a datamined image and was prepared to pay up to about 2,500 crowns for one, so I was very happy to find out it would be possible to unlock it in-game instead. I wasn't able to do every event every day, but I managed enough to get the dawnwood unlocked without ever buying crown store tickets, and now I'm working on the luminous one.

I appreciate having the option to buy some tickets as a back-up if I'm just short of completing one of them, but I certainly wouldn't buy all the tickets.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd be surprised if too many people used the crown method. Even if you get a late start or don't feel like grinding, you still get a good chance to get at least one indrik.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No one would spend this much unless they hated money and wanted tedious ways to get rid of it. There is no other explanation for someone buying pack after pack of 750 crowns when a single 21000 pack would cover it. And even if they did, ticket merchant is only up for the event. If you were buying all this at the last hour, you could still eat cake for a couple tickets and save $5 off the worst case price. There wouldn't even be extra crowns left over because 78 is divisible by 3.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In four days time I'll have an Indrik that will have cost me all of £0.00.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah i doubt zos expect people to spend all that money. They made it pretty damn easy to get the mounts for free. I think what they hoped by adding tickets for sale was to target people who are just short a few tickets and might miss out on getting that last berry.

And they made it cheap enough for people be able to do just that and for it to not break the bank. That's not to say they would not be delighted to have rich lazy players just flat out buy every single ticket to purchase a fully evolved indrik.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the intention is really for people to buy their way to an indrik, more to sucker impatient people into buying that last ticket or two to hit an evolution/grab an event reward/etc without waiting for the next event.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think the intention is really for people to buy their way to an indrik, more to sucker impatient people into buying that last ticket or two to hit an evolution/grab an event reward/etc without waiting for the next event.

Basically what i said. However not necessarily impatient people. Most likely people who have simply missed some of the event tickets and are just short of buying that last berry. Remember the berries are a one time thing, no chance to get them when they vanish ( unless they make them available next year)

If zos made it so you can't buy them i would bet people would be upset. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, it all costs way too much, that is why I Stopped buying trivial things I don't need. hoard all your crowns from subscription and only pick the things you REALLY want. Too many people buy everything just to have it and it ends up sitting unused in their inv... I bought the largest crown pack once when it went on sale like 2 years ago and I still have like 7000 crowns.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't get why people complain about tickets being grindy. Is doing 1-2 daily or eating a cake really that much of a chore?
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoealth wrote: »

Basically what i said. However not necessarily impatient people. Most likely people who have simply missed some of the event tickets and are just short of buying that last berry. Remember the berries are a one time thing, no chance to get them when they vanish ( unless they make them available next year)

If zos made it so you can't buy them i would bet people would be upset. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Agreed.

I'd never buy all the tickets needed for an indrik because that would be stupidly expensive and even though I really like them I don't want one that much (especially since the dawnwood is my favourite and I've already got that).But I'm very likely to miss at least part of an event because I often have to go away for days at a time (meaning it's impossible to log into ESO) for both work and family stuff. So I appreciate having a 'backup' option if I'm a few tickets short at the end of an event.

So far I haven't needed to do that, and if I did I'm not completely sure I'd buy the tickets - it would depend on what it costs and how much I like that particular indrik. For example I wouldn't pay anything for the luminous one because I don't really like it, but if I was 1-3 tickets short of the onyx, which I do like, I might buy it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I don't always like the prices in the CS, and I am picky about what I do purchase, it's become clear to me that the Indriks are intended to be earned mainly through events. The tickets are priced where they are to discourage players from buying them outright in the CS and to emphasize the value of them as in-game rewards.

But, they don't want players to be completely locked out of getting a particular evolution if they come up a bit short due to real life. So, picking up a couple here and there at 250 isn't bad. Could they be cheaper? Sure. But I do believe that they have priced them at 250 to encourage players to use events as the primary method of obtaining them and thus keeping them as in-game rewards that players can't just buy outright to bypass the in-game method of acquisition.

Also, speaking of CS prices, I was pleasantly surprised to see the egg-hunter horse at 850 crowns. Cheaper than the old horse mounts were, which were 900 crowns. Even the Sorrel-blanket horse, based on the new horse model, was 1800 crowns when it was in the store (iirc).

And, Topal is back in the store and on sale. Although 11k crowns is still too rich for my blood. But, many have been impatiently awaiting its return, so I'm sure they're all pleasantly surprised that they can get it for 4k crowns less.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on April 18, 2019 4:50PM
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    While I don't always like the prices in the CS, and I am picky about what I do purchase, it's become clear to me that the Indriks are intended to be earned mainly through events. The tickets are priced where they are to discourage players from buying them outright in the CS and to emphasize the value of them as in-game rewards.

But, they don't want players to be completely locked out of getting a particular evolution if they come up a bit short due to real life. So, picking up a couple here and there at 250 isn't bad. Could they be cheaper? Sure. But I do believe that they have priced them at 250 to encourage players to use events as the primary method of obtaining them and thus keeping them as in-game rewards that players can't just buy outright to bypass the in-game method of acquisition.

I agree that the Indriks and their evolved variants are intended to be acquired via in-game methods, which might very well be the reason for the pricing of the tickets (and really, buying a whole Indrik this way would be pretty insane, I don't think anyone could want one this badly). The pricing is still a little... unfortunate, though. I entered ESO around October last year and ignored the events at first, because I didn't really know what they were all about and didn't much care either at that point, since I had so much new stuff to explore anyway. So when I did start with them and realized there was a free mount in it, it was too late, and I ended up exactly 9 tickets short of buying the last berry for the Dawnwood Indrik. 9 tickets from the Crown Store would have amounted to 2250 Crowns, which would have meant a Crown pack of 3000. For 21 €. Just for that one berry, effectively. That's pretty unreasonable, if you ask me. I mean, I wanted the Dawnwood Indrik and I'm kind of bummed I won't be getting it ever, since they won't be bringing those berries back, but that is just not a price I would have ever considered paying for an in-game mount.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This makes me happy.
    Why play the game if you are gonna bust out your card for everything?
    These events have been super easy. Just play the game and it comes.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks,

Some clarification on the Event Ticket pricing - we want in-game event participation to be the primary source for earning Event Tickets and their corresponding rewards, but we recognize that sometimes life happens and players miss events. The option to purchase Event Tickets from the Crown Store is intended as a catch-up mechanic for those who missed out on opportunities to earn them through event participation. We don’t want to devalue the time and effort invested to get Event Tickets (and their Nascent Indrik), and have priced them in the Crown Store with that in mind.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5908541#Comment_5908541

Zos is well aware the pricing is atrocious. Completely intentional.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord