PTS Update 22 - Feedback Thread for Elsweyr Main Quest [SPOILERS/NDA CONTENT]

• captainBuckett
    captainBuckett
    Soul Shriven
    I don't ever get a prompt to blow the horn and there is no way to solo this thing otherwise that I can see. Should this prompt be anytime I want to use it, only when close to the dragon, at preset times?[/quote]

I think the horn is a scripted event that happens after you've taken away so much of Mulaamnir health. I think your game got stuck sooner than mine. Shame that the beta ends tomorrow, my friend and I were so close to finishing the Elsweyr quest-line without any major issues. The only other issue I encountered was Zamarak not moving his mouth when talking.

• Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shame that the beta ends tomorrow, ...
    Where did you hear that?

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cellentel wrote: »
    The quest name “Cadwell the Betrayer” is a bit of a spoiler for people who are looking through the achievements or zone guide. Could the quest just be called “The Betrayer” instead?

agreed
  • UnhappyOne
    UnhappyOne
    Soul Shriven
    tgehd2em5hdg.jpg

It so happened that I decided to take a look at Elsweyr's training mission again. And what do I see? The character finds himself in a room already familiar to me ... But! Having rummaged in my collections in order to customize the appearance of the character, I achieved departure. My necromancer was on the selection page, and although I did not have time to choose a non-combat pet, there were some nasty cries sounded there ... Return the necromancer in the game. The quest hovered immediately, after the letter it was impossible to take the key. My actions - returning back to the character selection page and then solving the problem back to the game (by the way, I faced similar problems in other quests of the game, but now I don’t remember which ones. And it was always cured by exit / entrance). The next forced return to the selection page happened while trying to look into some kind of capacity standing in the corridor. And again the nasty sounds of an invisible pet. I returned the necromancer to the game and ... Tell me honestly, people, do not you think that you could offer several types of weapons to choose from? Well, the cats have no training staff? Only two-handed swords? ... Imagine my mood to play a character with magical powers, and how he and I are angry looking at a two-handed sword! Is it really so hard to put a staff? And knives for those who wish? And the rest? You can imagine that the magician may never have held a two-handed sword in his hands, just like an archer. And after the skirmish with the dragon, he opened himself beyond ability, grabbed a two-handed sword and began to win?

Unless a game that says to a player - play, as you like, should not include the possibility of choice in practice?

My character cannot refuse to take a sword if he subscribes to training. There is no phrase - return me my staff, in the dialogue ... The same applies to the rewards for the initial quests of the main branch. If I'm a completely new player, and I was brought to the start of the Elsweyr location, what will I see? Forcedly two-handed sword, crippled facial animation of Zamarak, and in rewards items designed for ... fans of two-handed weapons and other melee fighters, subsequently. It is sad. Consider that if I’m a new player I don’t know many subtleties, and I don’t have a big character in my pocket to make a necessary minimum of things for a little necromancer. Therefore, the existence of my little necromancer will not be easy, especially if I am not only a new player, but also not particularly skilled, without the habit of desperately surviving evasion.

And I will say this. I went to Elsweyr to see the cats and play an unusually stylish character with a gloomy aura. And the only cat that I liked and was immediately noticeable is a big cat lying in the temple, as soon as you go outside from the room in training, for the first time. The necromancer stands and asks, along with me - where are the long-awaited cats? Location after the temple - sad. You understand - Clockwork City is delightful at once. He is incredible! It is a masterpiece! Morrowind is recognizable, and that's enough. He is not as good as the one that was before. But it's like Morrowind, and I love it. Summerset is beautiful as a seascape postcard can be beautiful. And Elsweyr, with its initial location, after the end of the training mission, catches up with anguish.

Waiting for something incredible. And to the questions of friends - how is it ?! How?! I did not know what to say. I did not want to criticize. But to tell the truth - it is sad there, I could not. Further, having gone deep inside the location, I found beautiful landscapes, and very interesting views. But the initial location is a fiasco ... It’s probably too late to do anything with it, but at least it seems worth trying to try ... More cats! More identity! I may have been looking badly, but where are the claw sharpening items in the homes of Khajiits? Where are the marks from the claws on the pillars and trees? ... Or does my really settling computer not cope with the graphic component? .. Just do not tell me that Elsweyr cats do not sharpen their claws)).

In the course of further plot events, I can say the following. Why are dragons such a tragedy when there are ballista? It does not seem like a problem to make more ballista, and shoot them all ...) If it should look, then this requires some more intelligible explanations ... The dragon that you hit on the plot first hovered - sat in the air and then hovered (stopped motionless) already on earth, like the brave character support group. I do not know if they should have beat him ... Speaking of combat situations. Zamarak also sometimes, instead of rushing into battle, stood with his swords. Just stood. Doing nothing else. And the cat Nala-do was undertaking, really annoying her throwing away opponents. The main villain proved to be quite not bad, although Tarn, who had fallen into disrepair, was too predictable. Regarding the Cats Queen, don't you think that having declared herself the Queen she should change her outfit? In general, everything that is connected with it is not solemn and not particularly dramatic, but I suppose that this was meant?

And finally, three things.

First, the singing of the bard (female vocals) in the tavern where you find yourself forcedly in the process of the main quest is really terrible! I did not watch, but maybe there is a quest - to kill the bard? I would try to do it ...

The second, leaving the Royal Palace you see a huge cat's ass .... Can a statue of a cat with a rider still be moved somewhere? ...

And third, thank you so much for the opportunity to look at Elsweyr before many other people who are waiting for this release! This is a very exciting adventure, in spite of everything I wrote here xD

• Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skip the tutorial on a new character and there is no NPC to start the main quest! (A Rage of Dragons)

the first NPC encountered is past the wayshrine and starts the Abode of Ignominy delve

Edited by Gythral on May 2, 2019 10:34AM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skipped the tutorial and was level 2 at the start, next level up made me level 4...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • jknight201
    jknight201
    ✭✭✭
    So, here is my feedback for the MQ in Elsweyr. I played it through on my (normal) max CP character, as well as a newly created necro toon.

My thoughts on the MQ are:

- Even though I played it through day 1 on the PTS, other than some missing lip-sync, I didn't really have any show stopper bugs. Of course, it's generally pretty obvious what Zos wants you to do, so I didn't go out of my way to intentionally break the MQ.
    - I feel like the individual quests were longer than those in other Chapter MQ, but the overall length was about the same. (Fewer quests but longer ones)
    - I was disappointed in how short the MQ felt. While I found the story interesting, I feel like I was rushed through the quest. Rimmen had been occupied for 6 years, but I liberated it in about 2 hours. The MQ lacked any kind of grandeur that I was expecting for, essentially, freeing a large part of an entire zone.
    - I was disappointed in that there were no branches or detours to the MQ. Pretty much, go-here, get-this, kill-that, done.
    - Like most Zos content - there are no consequences to any of your actions. Even though there are a few places where you have red-hilited options, neither of the choices has any obvious ramifications.
    I mean, if you mouth off to Mulanmiir the first time you meet him, I was expecting to get attacked, trash-talked in return... something. Anything. But nothing happens.
    - I am an end-game raider, so maybe it's just me but the "final battles"
    One with Euaxia, one with Phoom and one with Mulanmiir
    all just felt... weak. These people subjugated a city-state for years and yet were dead before my first round of DOTs ran out. I think they have mechanics, but they did not scale well to my level or abilities. Even with a new, low-level character.
    - I was disappointed that there did not seem to be any follow-through on repercussions with the main characters after completion. I wanted to be able to talk to them about things, their personal concerns about the zone, what comes next, listen to them say they are glad it's over, anything. Some of the characters that experienced significant development
    Cadwell, the new Khajiiti queen, Tharn
    , had surprisingly little to say afterwards.
    - The individual quests making up the MQ seemed to do a reasonably good job of forcing the player to explore most of the major areas of Elsweyr. There were side-quests near-by, which I would do on Live. That might make the MQ feel longer.
    - I think it's fantastic that Zos has introduced more Khajiit races into Elsweyr, but I was disappointed that none of them play a significant role in the MQ.

So, overall, my impression of the MQ is that the content that is there is interesting and fun to play, but ultimately I was left wanting more than the quick run-through the MQ offered. Hopefully that void can be filled with side-quests on Live. Since this is the first time Elswayr has been shown in any (recent) ES game, I was expecting a longer quest. Maybe it's Zos' intention to do that with the remaining two updates this year.
  • Iterw42
    Iterw42
    Iterw42 wrote: »
    In looking through Queen Eurazia's notes with Abner Tharn (After you kill her) - The Wrathstone is mentioned in one of her personal notes. This quest is missing from this Elsweyr story. Or at least the Wrathstone quest isn't part of what I found when I started the Elseweyr story line. I think it REALLY needs to be mandatory, not just part of the lead-in quest from the vanilla game. I have not run the Wrathstone pre-Elsweyr quest yet; but I am thinking that all of the strange dialogs that don't make sense to me (Abner and the released dragons) in the main storyline here, would have made sense if I did do that quest. Why is it not mandatory at the beginning of the Elsweyr main story?

I went back and completed the Wrathstone Pre-Elsweyr quest. I now feel even stronger that this quest needs to be made part of the main story. If you don't complete it before "Rage of Dragons" (I agree with Abner - that is a good name for a group of dragons!) some of the dialog with Khamira and Abner makes little sense.

Please include this!!
    "May the odds be ever in your favor!"

Steam - K'Iterw
    Uplay - Kiterw
    ESO - @Iterw42
    (K'Iterw[AD], Foghorn L'ghorn [AD] - Erza Vici[DC] - Naitowoka[EP], Skrillene[EP]))
    ESO/PTC - @Iterw42
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In looking through Queen Eurazia's notes with Abner Tharn (After you kill her) - The Wrathstone is mentioned in one of her personal notes. This quest is missing from this Elsweyr story. Or at least the Wrathstone quest isn't part of what I found when I started the Elseweyr story line. I think it REALLY needs to be mandatory, not just part of the lead-in quest from the vanilla game. I have not run the Wrathstone pre-Elsweyr quest yet; but I am thinking that all of the strange dialogs that don't make sense to me (Abner and the released dragons) in the main storyline here, would have made sense if I did do that quest. Why is it not mandatory at the beginning of the Elsweyr main story?

I went back and completed the Wrathstone Pre-Elsweyr quest. I now feel even stronger that this quest needs to be made part of the main story. If you don't complete it before "Rage of Dragons" (I agree with Abner - that is a good name for a group of dragons!) some of the dialog with Khamira and Abner makes little sense.

Please include this!!

It was made so for new players who will start in Elsweyr. If they port to prologue quest location, there will be also Coldharbour starter quest near the wayshrine and they might get confused.

For me having prologue separately from the zone MQ is a good thing from RP perspective since my protagonist have skipped the first letter from Tharn and my other character didn't. Like, in the trailer hero placeholder was not presented at the opening of the Halls and I'd like to be able to replay this in my gamestate.
    For another example - prologue for CWC can be skipped in order to choose preferable recognition from Fyr, snd I do prefer be recognised as his former assistant from HoF rather than noname savior of one psijic. Because if you did prologue he will recognise you as such.
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    stuck at battle of riverhold.

after beating the dragon with a no cp lvl 10 necro, I went to talk to abner tharn. the optional said to talk to another toon ( near him and cant remember the name) I did so and the game just quit. quit as in no log in screen just nothing. after I logged back in I cant see any of the npcs in the room and cant talk to abner to continue the quest line. the quest marker shows he is there but I guess everyone is invs to me. perhaps they are afraid B)

ps that dragon fight is too long with a low level toon.
  • LotteSnowEater
    Beat Battle for Riverhold at level 15, but likely only because this time only because after I died once and came back the dragon stopped fighting. It was still taking damage and I killed it but it was no longer fighting back.

Same here. I died once and resurrected at the wayshrine only to come back to find the dragon sitting there not moving while I kill it.

Stay fragrant, five claw.
  • LotteSnowEater
    Xerikten wrote: »
    stuck at battle of riverhold.

after beating the dragon with a no cp lvl 10 necro, I went to talk to abner tharn. the optional said to talk to another toon ( near him and cant remember the name) I did so and the game just quit. quit as in no log in screen just nothing. after I logged back in I cant see any of the npcs in the room and cant talk to abner to continue the quest line. the quest marker shows he is there but I guess everyone is invs to me. perhaps they are afraid B)

ps that dragon fight is too long with a low level toon.

7gxqvpi21lsw.png

Same thing. I decided to talk to another NPC first before Abnur Tharn and now Tharn has quit on me...
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by iCaliban on May 6, 2019 6:24PM
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    after running the repair with no results I just deleted the quest and did it over. this time in the middle of talking to abner the game quit again but he was there when I came back. I can continue on.

about 3 or 4 times I have had issues with the game quiting in a conversation after I clicked on a response.

• Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After patch 5.0.3 I've encountered a bug during the quest "The Final Order". There is an invisible wall in front of the entrance of the hidden shrine which makes it impossible to enter.
    NDdr2j7.png

• LotteSnowEater
    rm35pkd58bsa.png

Zamarak looks like he's stabbed himself...with a smile.
  • MusekininKanchou
    MusekininKanchou
    ✭✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »
    After patch 5.0.3 I've encountered a bug during the quest "The Final Order". There is an invisible wall in front of the entrance of the hidden shrine which makes it impossible to enter.
    NDdr2j7.png

Can't get in either and I've seen a bunch of people trying.
  • Iterw42
    Iterw42
    TiaFrye wrote: »

Please include this!!

It was made so for new players who will start in Elsweyr. If they port to prologue quest location, there will be also Coldharbour starter quest near the wayshrine and they might get confused.

For me having prologue separately from the zone MQ is a good thing from RP perspective since my protagonist have skipped the first letter from Tharn and my other character didn't. Like, in the trailer hero placeholder was not presented at the opening of the Halls and I'd like to be able to replay this in my gamestate.
    For another example - prologue for CWC can be skipped in order to choose preferable recognition from Fyr, snd I do prefer be recognised as his former assistant from HoF rather than noname savior of one psijic. Because if you did prologue he will recognise you as such.

HoF is what? I can't place it...

Anyway - Maybe not include the whole quest as is - you make a good point - but I'm not sure there is a way for a new player to understand how the dragons got released from Halls of Collosus unless you include at least that part of the wrathstone quest. For me - that answered a lot of questions that were hinted at; but not explained in the story from Rage of Dragons onward. Besides. At least I could find no way to trigger the wrathstone quest in this Beta. Have you?
    "May the odds be ever in your favor!"

Steam - K'Iterw
    Uplay - Kiterw
    ESO - @Iterw42
    (K'Iterw[AD], Foghorn L'ghorn [AD] - Erza Vici[DC] - Naitowoka[EP], Skrillene[EP]))
    ESO/PTC - @Iterw42
  • LotteSnowEater
    7xlrldzddd2a.png

That glow on Euraxia Tharn with no option to loot...dang...
  • MusekininKanchou
    MusekininKanchou
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me where Battlereeve Tanerline is? I can't find here and I know I've seen her.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me where Battlereeve Tanerline is? I can't find here and I know I've seen her.

She seems to have gone missing. She was here when I last saw her, hiding behind the Inn...
    qRNzXVk.jpg
    PC EU
  • MusekininKanchou
    MusekininKanchou
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you! So it's not my imagination. So how the heck do you accidentally drop an important npc from the code this late in the game?
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! So it's not my imagination. So how the heck do you accidentally drop an important npc from the code this late in the game?

I don't think it's an accident. I guess we'll find out what it's all about on Monday.
    PC EU
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's not an accident, this is how it's going to be at launch.

From the 5.0.0 patch notes:
    Note that Dragon Hunt Dailies, and the Pellitine Motif that can be obtained by completing them, will both become available after Elsweyr's launch. Stay tuned!
  • LotteSnowEater
    During the tutorial where the character gets the key and letter, unlocks the door and comes out from the recovery room, Zamarak's mouth still doesn't move during the initial conversation. It moves later in the conversation thought. Sorry, I don't have an image..
  • princessl0llie
    princessl0llie
    Soul Shriven
    It took me a week to finish battle of riverhold..got the dragon to zero health but it refused to go down n I would just keep dying hence the dragon respawning full health....I took screen shots, finally beat it after a week of trying.....im also having SERIOUS issues with non stop frozen load screens and getting kicked off game every 15 mins..I restart game, restart xbox, unplug n relog al power cords, cleared xbox "cashe",etc and I'm STILL having those issues..my husband gets on his account on a different xbox n has same issues....I dont think the servers are big enough to handle all the players....I just get frustrated that most times I cant play a game I paid for...hoping it gets fixed or I get a refund of some kind.

Well I'm now on the moon gate mission, fighting the 'malaamnir dragon' and the third wave with the air atronoch n all the lighting....I keep dying no matter what I try...I'm hoping to get unstuck soon.
    What should've been an simple story line is just lag, bugs,glitches and problems...hope all these issues get fixed soon.