The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Housing: This is my endgame.

CMDR_Un1k0rn
CMDR_Un1k0rn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
As far as dungeons and "mainstream" content are concerned?

Eh, not too bothered. Mostly do normal dungeons, planning on starting Vet tomorrow providing I can get a team in the guild ready.

Right, let me explain something. I've always been more interested in making nice looking things, rather than dominating in active events such as dungeons.

Take my time in Forza Motorsport many moons ago. I didn't race, save for getting the credits needed to buy the cars I needed. And what the cars were needed for... It wasn't for driving.

I was an artist! I played Forza to paint cars, not drive them. There were three top-tier teams using my artwork on their racing cars in the lobbies and tournaments. And that made me happy.

Now, when I think about what excites me in ESO, it isn't dungeons. I mean, they're hella' fun and I love running them, but ultimately I see them as a means to an end: I like customising houses. Now I got a cheeky taste of the potential I can reach with houses, with admittedly, Crown purchases, not gold/craft.

But this was only on one of the free inn rooms, so it never cost that much anyway. What it did do, was show me what I am capable of creating.

Right now I'm working on getting gold, and furniture plans, and everything I need for my first project, and hopefully the first of many project houses.

I'll be starting with Twin Arches. Ideally, and my aim, is for the only Crown purchase in this house to be mounts, pets and my music box. Now the house is a long way off, but I have a vision for what I want to achieve in this game, and that's a good thing. It means this game is good. My objective is to make a truly authentic Redguard home, all paid for with my own sweat & tears from gameplay, be it dungeons, legerdemain activities or whatever.

I know some people don't much care for housing, but me? I think it's brilliant! I love that this game lets me bring out my artistic side! And it's an Elder Scrolls game! My favourite universe.

Love it.

Wish me luck. I've got a long road ahead of me.
In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't need luck so much as passion. And that, you have in spades!

It's a fun and rewarding journey. I hope you continue to love it, and don't forget to share your creations with us here, for we love seeing what people do. :)
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharalei wrote: »
    You don't need luck so much as passion. And that, you have in spades!

It's a fun and rewarding journey. I hope you continue to love it, and don't forget to share your creations with us here, for we love seeing what people do. :)

Thanks. It's gonna' be a long time yet. To start my journey I'm slowly building my furniture recipes library as I play through all the game's many stories. Good way to make the gold needed, and earn the skill points I need to actually craft the items.

I'm pretty much done buying gear for my character now, so the gold can be happily spent on plans.

My intention is to buy the house itself once I've cleared all the zones.

I will of course share my creation here.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few "good auntie" hints:

- Complete your achievements - there are some really nice pieces of furniture from Achievement Furnishers.
    - Check the Luxury Furnisher in Coldharbour every weekend.
    - Start with a theme and stick to it.
    - Do not hurry. Some ideas just need to develop.
    - "Stare" a lot. Visualize things. Then test, rotate, adjust. Playing with Essential Housing Tools builds helps a lot (you may be surprised how good some things may look if you combine a bigger number of them in a certain way).
    - Think out of the box, utilize flat surfaces of items to change the texture.
    - Mind the light - a properly placed lightning can change the mood of the build entirely. Some lights go through the walls and textures which may bring up or ruin the effect of your build.
    - Be bold. Steal if you must, but be bold! ;)

Housing is fun. I wish you luck on your way with getting to know the furniture and how to combine things together. Completing a build, which causes a "wow" effect every time you look at it is probably the most rewarding thing in ESO for me. See you there!
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A few "good auntie" hints:

- Complete your achievements - there are some really nice pieces of furniture from Achievement Furnishers.
    - Check the Luxury Furnisher in Coldharbour every weekend.
    - Start with a theme and stick to it.
    - Do not hurry. Some ideas just need to develop.
    - "Stare" a lot. Visualize things. Then test, rotate, adjust. Playing with Essential Housing Tools builds helps a lot (you may be surprised how good some things may look if you combine a bigger number of them in a certain way).
    - Think out of the box, utilize flat surfaces of items to change the texture.
    - Mind the light - a properly placed lightning can change the mood of the build entirely. Some lights go through the walls and textures which may bring up or ruin the effect of your build.
    - Be bold. Steal if you must, but be bold! ;)

Housing is fun. I wish you luck on your way with getting to know the furniture and how to combine things together. Completing a build, which causes a "wow" effect every time you look at it is probably the most rewarding thing in ESO for me. See you there!

I quite agree. Now, this might be the cider talking, but I'm now thinking of starting of with the Redguard apartment now, instead. Smaller but a relatively massive furniture quota.

IDK. I should probably get some sleep lol.
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything said here is true. Everything we have a passion for is a real truth in our lives. We just need to be honest about our passions. I applaud OP for being honest about their passion.
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on April 15, 2019 2:54PM
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're going to get annoyed very quickly, because ZOS made those nice Redguard lattice chairs Crown-only. You can't make them, or earn gold to buy them. You want books on your shelves? Crown-only. You prefer yellow (sands) to red (flame) - those items are Crown-only.

At least Twin Arches doesn't have a fireplace, so the firelogs being Crown-only won't concern you.

I have Twin Arches, and I'm settling for the cushioned chairs instead. My shelves have other clutter items on them. The Khajiit firepit sits outside. You can still make the place nice, but you keep hitting roadblocks that shouldn't be there.
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not think it is that bad tbh. You can always buy crown items with gold = get them gifted for in game gold. Let's take 250 crowns for a redguard lattice chair x300 gold (average on EU) gives you 75k a chair, but it's a choice.
    Edited by bayushi2005 on April 18, 2019 5:40PM
  • Snowfaeriewings
    Snowfaeriewings
    ✭✭✭
    Now if we can only get ZOS to recognize this. As it is on the PTS housing is ONLY labeled as a Secondary guild category!
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do not think it is that bad tbh. You can always buy crown items with gold = get them gifted for in game gold. Let's take 250 crowns for a redguard lattice chair x300 gold (average on EU) gives you 75k a chair, but it's a choice.

In fairness, I don't think you can gift items bought for Crowns via the Housing Editor.

I might be mistaken though.
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In fairness, I don't think you can gift items bought for Crowns via the Housing Editor.

Oh you definitely can! (tested)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CMDR_Un1k0rn ...best of luck and, for what it's worth, you sound like exactly the type of player that I love watching explore and take advantage of the visual effects and other editing/animation/automation features in Essential Housing Tools. But most importantly, I hope that you build some truly awesome things and share them with the Community. <3
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh you definitely can! (tested)

Fair enough. I stand corrected. :)