The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

shade is still broke

JayWolfy91
JayWolfy91
Soul Shriven
shade is still broken.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JayWolfy91 wrote: »
    shade is still broken.

How do you know?
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @JayWolfy91

Could you go into more detail regarding the broken shading?

You can post screenshots in this thread showing the issue you're seeing in game.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • JayWolfy91
    JayWolfy91
    Soul Shriven
    it works on flat ground but not different levels
    Options
  • gootdude
    gootdude
    ✭✭✭
    This video covers the issue, keeps and resource towers both have the issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkbBD9lyFYM

@ZOS_BillE
    Options
  • JayWolfy91
    JayWolfy91
    Soul Shriven
    this still is not fixed ?
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had issues where it sometimes doesn't port me back to the shade. Most commonly I found this to be on keep walls. Like I'd put one on top of the tower, go down to the next level, then when I tried port back it wouldn't let me.
    I was under a lot of pressure both times this happened, so it could have been a number of things. In any case, this bug resulted in my death so I was a little salty.
    It's not a very common bug, but when you rely on your shade to get you back to safety, it needs to work.
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    A few comments have been removed from this thread for being unconstructive and baiting. Since this is a bug with Shadow Image and not an issue with shading in the game, the threads is being moved to the Bug Report forum.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's intended then
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont know if it is, but in certain places i think it "should be"
    the 2 places mentioned "in my opinion"
    the resource towers and keep corner towers in particular should make it not work in those 2 places, but thats only my opinion, although, you might find more people agree with me, i dont know.
    but those 2 places lead to actual grief on this subject when the shade is involved.

why? you might ask.
    lets just put it this way, they keep the young men and old men separated in prisons for the same reason, its grief.
    although some might think it fun, most people get really bothered and leads to grief in those 2 places ...
    heres a small example.

only 1 sided fun.

tumblr_n1qr403BpW1spy7ono1_400.gif
    b61730172c25c1a922c6b6b08676a6784004.gif
    Edited by Gilvoth on April 8, 2019 8:39PM
    Options