The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Housing - disappearing furniture

Nerouyn
Nerouyn
✭✭✭✭✭
I had read about this terrifying bug before but never seen it before today. Reporting it because what I saw might indicate it's not a game bug, but an addon one.

The bug : I removed a fountain from a room I'd put it in just to store it. I went outside to try putting it somewhere. There was no fountain to place. I checked my inventory. Nada.

I went back inside and into edit mode. Undo. Fountain returned. Tried removing it again. Same thing happened. After removing the fountain, it wasn't in my inventory or available to place. Undo. Fountain returned. I tried it on another furniture item. Same thing happened. It wasn't just the fountain.

Before this happened, I'd seen an odd addon error notification. I think it was craftstore fixed and improved. I hadn't done anything in particular. I just logged into that character.

There was also weirdness after the disappearing fountain. I tried opening my storage chests. They wouldn't open. Then they did open, but showed nothing.

I couldn't log that character out. I was stuck in the empty storage chest screen. I alt-tabbed out and closed ESO. Logged back into that character. No addon error message. I could remove the fountain and it showed in my inventory just fine. Could open my storage chests.

I recall about a week ago several addons went haywire after a game update. I think this was one of them and one of the bugs involved it hiding some inventory items. I experienced that. A bunch of jewelry I had stashed on a character for research seemed to disappear. Fourteen (1 for each alt who hadn't learnt it) just of a particular trait type. Lots of other jewelry stashed on this character for research didn't disappear. Had me wondering if I'd accidentally stashed them on another character or deconstructed before safely locking. But no, they later reappeared on that character. I think after the addon author implemented a fix. I know ZO did a fix as well but I think the rings came back before that.

In both cases items were seemingly disappearing. In one case an addon was definitely involved. In the other an addon - possibly the same one - was giving error notifications before items seemingly disappeared.