The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Any solutions to lag caused by player models

LordTareq
LordTareq
✭✭✭✭✭
I play ESO on quite an old PC, barely above the minimum specs. Now when I play ESO I get roughly 25-35FPS which is playable. That is on high graphic settings with shadows low. Strangely enough setting the graphics lower has no or only very little effect on FPS, probably because my CPU is the bottleneck and not my graphics card. In area's/times with very few players, my FPs can get into the mid 40's
Anyway, things go wrong when there are more than a handful players around. Battlegrounds are barely playable, with between 15-25 FPS while busy questhubs/event locations etc. cause regular lagspikes of 1-5 FPS and 999ms latency, and in these cases I sometimes have to wait over a minute for a questgiver to load in. It's definitely the load of other player characters that drag my system over the line of 'not very playable'.

So my question, is there anything I can do from my end in option files etc. that reduces the load other player characters cause on my system? Like forcing other players to load in low resolution textures, like the black figures that they originally load as, or perhaps some setting where only X amount of players get loaded on my screen?
Edited by LordTareq on March 29, 2019 12:19PM